Do you want to visit Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that's when the research was published. Obviously no one had a study done on the day the wall came down. Research studies show people's attitudes over a period of time.

:lol:

We already know within few days after Fall of the Berlin Wall that some East Germans were not happy to be free from communison, not several years later...

I explained why West Germans are not happy with East Germans FEW months after greet them on the day of Berlin Wall Fall... My post was being ignored and claim that your hubby are correct... so I asked for the source to support your claim... It should be FEW days, not several years later after Fall of Berlin Wall.

Reba's post.
Hubby reminded me about something. He said, "Remember when the Berlin Wall first came down? West Germans weren't even friendly to East Germans. They didn't want to share their country with 'others'. They should have been thrilled with their freedom and reunited families but it wasn't enough. It was shocking to see the West Germans' hostile reaction."

Accord the link, you posted is not match what you and your hubby claimed... Accord your post that West Germans were not friendly to East Germans on that day of wall berlin pulled down... that's exact source, I want to see...

You own gun, but I don't... Who paraniod... ? :roll:

Suspect, Mother Killed In Home Invasion Robbery
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- A gunman shot and killed 24-year-old Loan Kim Nguyen as she lifted her young children to safety through a window Tuesday morning during a failed home invasion robbery attempt. The gunman was then killed in an ensuing gun battle with responding SWAT officers, according to authorities.

San Mateo police said they received a call from a man at about 9:40 a.m. about an armed robbery underway at a home on Hobart Avenue near South El Camino Real. The caller told police his wife and children -- aged 1 and 3 -- were in the house and had barricaded themselves in a bedroom, police Deputy Chief Mike Callagy said. The man wasn't home at the time, but had received a text message from his wife about the invader, according to officers.

Officers arrived at the scene and set up a perimeter around the house. The male suspect was observed inside the residence with a handgun, according to officers. After a shot was heard fired inside the home, a Special Weapons and Tactics team was summoned. Hostage negotiators were also brought in to attempt contact with the suspect in an effort to get him to surrender, Callagy said.

SWAT officers surrounded the house and were able to get in telephone contact with Nguyen. She reported that the suspect was trying to gain entry into the bedroom where she was barricaded with her children and that she wanted to lower the children out of the bedroom window so officers could get them to safety.

At an early evening press conference to address the incident, San Mateo Police Chief Manheimer said Nguyen was struck as she was lowering her children to officers standing on a van in the driveway of the home when the suspect began firing blindly through the walls of the bedroom.

She said police returned fire as one child was safely taken away. Nguyen handed the second child to an officer before crumpling to floor of the bedroom, Manheimer said.

She was taken to Stanford Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The children were not harmed.

"The victim in this case is nothing short of a hero for saving the lives of her two small children from the crazed gunman," Manheimer said.

She said it's not clear yet who fired the bullets that killed Nguyen or the suspected intruder. But she said police were not shooting when Nguyen was hit.

San Mateo County Coroner Robert Foucrault said investigators will perform a ballistics comparison to try to answer that question. It is also unclear how the suspect died. Manheimer said suicide has not been ruled out.

The children were uninjured in the incident and Manheimer commended the officers "who at great risk to their own safety and also under fire" saved them.

She said one officer jumped off the top of the van holding one of the children after the suspect began shooting. She said some officers may have suffered minor injuries but nothing serious.

Police are still investigating whether the suspect knew the victim or her family. A car was towed from across the street that Manheimer say may be related.

In addition to the criminal investigation by the San Mateo Police Department, the department will conduct an internal investigation into the officers' actions. The District Attorney's Office will also investigate that aspect.

Manheimer said there were several points at which gunfire was exchanged but that the details are still unclear. Officers from eight agencies responded.

Larry Schieser, a real estate agent who works at the nearby Prudential California Realty, said he was having a normal morning at work around 9 a.m. when he saw a couple of police cars.

A steady stream of patrol cars then followed, and a SWAT team arrived.

He said he then heard numerous gunshots.

"Once the shots were fired it became very quiet in our office, surreal almost," he said. "We realized something serious was taking place."

He said he and his coworkers were told to stay inside the office while police investigated.

The home where the shooting happened is across the street from a Montessori preschool called Bright Beginnings Toddler.

Jerry Adan, who answered the phone at the school, said staff members Tuesday afternoon were focused on making sure their preschoolers were OK.

and we're paranoid? we don't deserve to protect ourselves? big difference between you and I is that you depend on government for everything, we don't. We depend on ourselves for ourselves.

My point was, it's NOT the European way to be parniod just because it's their mentatily to be careful to talk/chat with strangers but their cultural common greetings mostly... I can see from other thread that Europeans are not alone but Americans as well... We (Europeans and Americans) were being taught to not talk to the strangers... Would you also call Americans as paraniod as well because they are being taught to not talk strangers but just use cultural common greeting?

OK so... you were being "careful" to talk to strangers.... as in never talk to them at all.What are you being careful about? Are you worried about getting hurt?

Because of Europeans being careful, they keep it to themselves. Americans don't. We like to talk and learn so we initiate conversation first.

Liebling's dream is... want USA to be return to under UK and member of EU, replace all US laws into UK style law and monarchy constitutional, it means king or queen can control everything, Jiro will gonna to be :mad:.

Liebling's dream is... want USA to be return to under UK and member of EU, replace all US laws into UK style law and monarchy constitutional, it means king or queen can control everything, Jiro will gonna to be :mad:.

no. not :mad:... more like :mad2: bring it on! we beat the redcoats before. we can beat them again now! :mad2:

american-revolution-728714.gif

no. not :mad:... more like :mad2: bring it on! we beat the redcoats before. we can beat them again now! :mad2:

american-revolution-728714.gif

*UK queen called China to help invade our country*

Very scary, is it?

Suspect, Mother Killed In Home Invasion Robbery

and we're paranoid? we don't deserve to protect ourselves? big difference between you and I is that you depend on government for everything, we don't. We depend on ourselves for ourselves.

I do not wish to debate further which we did at gun threads but I only remind Reba about gun issues because she started to call European as a parniod that we European don´t have gun but American does... Reba should not call European as a paraniod in first place that´s how I fire her back to remind her over gun issues.

OK so... you were being "careful" to talk to strangers.... as in never talk to them at all.What are you being careful about? Are you worried about getting hurt?

Because of Europeans being careful, they keep it to themselves. Americans don't. We like to talk and learn so we initiate conversation first.

Go back and re-read my posts... I think you don´t understand what social common greeting is about. Of course we greet each other with hint when we walk pass by...

I saw another threads that I´m not alone for not like to talk with strangers I never see before... but use greeting is okay. Why pick on me, not Americans who did the same as me as well for not like to talk with strangers?

Quit misinterpret my post, please.

Please don´t make an assumption what I said because I never said one word...

Please refrain your false statement...

I do not wish to debate further which we did at gun threads but I only remind Reba about gun issues because she started to call European as a parniod that we European don´t have gun but American does... Reba should not call European as a paraniod in first place that´s how I fire her back to remind her over gun issues.

this is not about gun issue. You cannot call us Americans paranoid just because we have guns. You don't call people paranoid based on weapons they have. It's in their thoughts. If people are overly-cautious and suspicious of strangers.... then yes they are paranoid.

Europeans don't have guns because the governments were "paranoid" about being overthrown by their own citizens. They're still in medieval age mindset - they must have control.

Go back and re-read my posts... I think you don´t understand what social common greeting is about. Of course we greet each other with hint when we walk pass by...

I saw another threads that I´m not alone for not like to talk with strangers I never see before... but use greeting is okay. Why pick on me, not Americans who did the same as me as well for not like to talk with strangers?

Quit misinterpret my post, please.

I fail to understand why you keep saying "quit misinterpreting....." I simply re-tell you what you said to me in different sentence but same meanings. You just don't want to hear anything negative.

Like I said - you do NOT approach any strangers just to talk. All you do is "hint greet" and so do we. difference is - Americans APPROACH to strangers easier than Europeans do.

You repeatedly said NOT to talk to strangers and be CAUTIOUS of them because of that rape story. Now that is paranoid to me.

this is not about gun issue. You cannot call us Americans paranoid just because we have guns. You don't call people paranoid based on weapons they have. It's in their thoughts. If people are overly-cautious and suspicious of strangers.... then yes they are paranoid.

Europeans don't have guns because the governments were "paranoid" about being overthrown by their own citizens. They're still in medieval age mindset - they must have control.

Excuse me for your ignorant and uneducation.

I can see from your post that you defend Reba against me, no matter what and how she started it... ? You alway pick on me everytime I debate with Reba... Are you not neutral?

How could we being paraniod when we don´t own gun for self-defense? Where´s your respect when I DON´T want to talk with strangers but just greet with friendly hint but call me as a paraniod... what a :laugh2: because you own a gun for self-defense but I don´t...

Europeans can own the guns if they want to but they are not interesting...

Excuse me for your ignorant and uneducation.

I can see from your post that you defend Reba against me, no matter what and how she started it... ? You alway pick on me everytime I debate with Reba... Are you not neutral?

How could we being paraniod when we don´t own gun for self-defense? Where´s your respect when I DON´T want to talk with strangers but just greet with friendly hint but call me as a paraniod... what a :laugh2: because you own a gun for self-defense but I don´t...

Europeans can own the guns if they want to but they are not interesting...

Europeans can own guns? :-o that's new to me! Like I said long time ago - please read the post VERY CAREFULLY. In fact - next time you read any of my posts, read it 3x. I repost - "You cannot call us Americans paranoid just because we have guns. You don't call people paranoid based on weapons they have. It's in their thoughts."

People can be paranoid even without guns. They can have 5 door locks at home or install metal grills for their windows. They can be paranoid if they think every strangers are bad people. Paranoid means you're always suspicious of everybody.... not just people with guns.

Like I said before - Europeans depend on government too much. That is nothing good or bad. It's simply your European way to do so and we Americans live differently. There's no right or wrong. and I am not defending Reba but defending America's way of life. You frequently attacked American way. Reba and I are simply defending it against your misconceptions and misinterpretations. :cool2:

so excuse me for your ignorance and uneducation as well....

I teach my children to obey the law why they should not do that until legal age and teach my children to not talk to the stranger is my responsibly, not law. You tried to compare is a fallicious.
For the last time, I will try to explain.

I taught my daughter not to speak to strangers when she was alone, as a child. If she was with me, of course she could speak to "strangers." When she grew up, of course she could speak to strangers. It had nothing to do with the "law". It was common sense. Children should not speak to or follow strangers when mommy or daddy, or grandparents or teachers are not with them. Of course, I would never leave my young child alone in public, so she didn't have to worry about "strangers." I didn't want her to grow up fearful of strangers.

This is an American social custom of greeting.

Nice try...

P.S. Most of your description is a common greeting like many countries including Europe around the world which is normal. Sure, we have different social customs of greeting due cultural background. I would agree that it's social custom of greeting is an America's culture but I disagree that "talk to the stranger" is an America's culture.
Americans, because of their culture, are comfortable in greeting and talking to strangers that they meet in public places. It's the American cultural way, just like your link stated. That includes verbal and non-verbal greetings and interactions. That means it includes smiles, friendly expressions, words of greeting, holding doors, pointing out hazards, beckoning someone over to a shorter line, helping with requests, etc.

I am an European, and I live the European way, so I'm included in your statement.
"Mommy, tell her to quit copying me!"

:laugh2:

... Would you also call Americans as paraniod as well because they are being taught to not talk strangers but just use cultural common greeting?

You own gun, but I don't... Who paraniod... ? :roll:
Only children are taught to not talk to strangers in America because they are children. Adults are supposed to use adult discernment when talking to strangers.

I own a gun but I don't carry it with me everywhere, and I don't answer the door with it in my hand. Once in a while I go to the range to practice shooting it. In my job I travel all over the place at weird times of day and night to places I don't know, to meet people I don't know. I'm careful but I'm not paranoid about it.

It's no comparison because they were being raped by strangers after talk to them in public. It's my point that there're bad and good strangers everywhere.
That's why we (Americans) don't let the bad guys control our lives or thoughts. We are aware that bad guys exist but we don't let them stop us from leading our lives or from being friendly to strangers.

Accord US movie, what I shared from saw at earlier...
Well, according to movies, ET phoned home and Dorothy landed in OZ but I don't base my life actions on what happens in movies. :roll:

After being raped by stranger, she talked in the public whom he asked for liescne number plate# and it's her car... She was survived... Guess what? her daughter confused and asked her did she know him? She replied no, only check the damage car because he told her that he hitted her car... Her daughter told her off for talk to the stranger because she taught her to not talk to the stranger but she does... her daughter made her feel fool and hyprocrite... why she can but her daughter can't? Her daughter made a good point.
Wow, that was very unsympathetic and cruel of her daughter! :shock:

So? It's my general talk, not fingerpoint to you or whatever... All what I see your post is about you... I talk about American in general without fingerpoint anyone...
If you make prejudicial statements that stereotype Americans you must realize that you are offending all Americans. If you say something is "the American way" that includes all Americans.

wow, it's about you... wow... I talk general about Americans, not all about you.
That's why I gave you a personal example. You can't say that it's common for Americans to shoot strangers at their doors when we Americans know from our personal experiences that it's not true. Should we just sit silently while you make untrue allegations against us?

I don't force you to fresh your memory but offer my suggestion. Okay, this is your choice for being ignorant.
I'm sorry, did you say something?

wow, all is about you... I can see that you only think yourself, not what and how Americans through in general what we learn from current event sub-forum.
Really? How many American ADers have shot strangers at their front door? How many American ADers personally know of someone who has either shot someone at the door, or who has been shot by someone while knocking at the front door? What is the percentage of Americans who were involved in shootings at the front doors of homes that didn't involve a criminal activity?

Okay, this is your choice for not want to see it.
What is there to see? You haven't show me any statistical facts that would prove it's "common" and not "rare".

Would you also call American ADers, too at few threads for not want to talk to the strangers? Where's your respect for everyone who is different for not want to talk with strangers ?
If it's an unreasonable fear, it's paranoia no matter who does it. If it's a reasonable fear, then it's not paranoia. If someone has had a personal bad experience, or is in a dangerous neighborhood at night, or is carrying the business's night deposit bag, then a fear of strangers could be reasonable.

If Germans have a reason to be fearful of strangers then maybe they aren't paranoid. I didn't realize that Germany had such a high rate of stranger crime in public. I didn't realize that Germany was such a dangerous place to live. I thought Germany was safer than America. If I'm wrong about that then I'm sorry that I said it was paranoid behavior. If most strangers in Germany are dangerous, then avoiding them is probably a prudent thing to do.

Accord many threads, that they shoot wrong person and unarmed person.
Many? What is the percentage of those events annually throughout the whole country of America, compared to the entire population? How many people actually shot strangers in America just for coming to the front door?

:confused: where have I say to follow American culture in Germany?
I didn't say that you follow American culture in Germany. I said no one expects you to follow American culture in Germany. If you don't want to talk to strangers in Germany that's your culture and I don't expect you to change it while you live in Germany. You follow German culture in Germany, and we follow American culture in America.

... Why can't I say something to remind you that we (Europeans) don't own the gun to shot the strangers but Americans does BECAUSE you started to label us as a paraniod?
Because Americans DON'T own guns for shooting strangers; it's not true.

wow, you allow to say anything what you want but you offend that I say something back to you? why can't I say something back then? hypocrisy!
You can say something back as long as it's true. If it's not true, you can expect a reply back.

Please don't make a false statement because I never said that you are wrong but disagree with you over "talk to stranger is an American culture"...
Yes, you did. You said that you would "correct" our posts. If our posts weren't wrong then why would you need to "correct" them?

Yes, it got my American co-workers :confused: and talk about American's common greeting... so I responded Sunshinelady's post last week but nobody quoted my post to say that it's exact what you are try to tell me but you kept on say "talk to stranger is a America's culture...." until I found 3rd link yesterday then you said that the link support you... it's an exact what I responsed Sunshinelady last week...
I can't win. The last time I replied to one of your replies to another ADer in another thread, you basically told me to butt out because you were replying to the other ADer's post, not to me. Now you expect me to reply to your replies to other people? I can't even keep up with my posts to you!

I would agree with you if you said that it's American's social custom of greeting is a culture and then would be less debate if you agree with me last week? That's why you confused me and my American co-workers over "talk to the strangers" which you mean is "america's common greeting" to stranger is a American custom/culture.
:confused:

Why are your American co-workers confused?

To be clear: Greeting and talking to strangers is part of American culture.

I fail to understand why you keep saying "quit misinterpreting....." I simply re-tell you what you said to me in different sentence but same meanings. You just don't want to hear anything negative.

Like I said - you do NOT approach any strangers just to talk. All you do is "hint greet" and so do we. difference is - Americans APPROACH to strangers easier than Europeans do.

You repeatedly said NOT to talk to strangers and be CAUTIOUS of them because of that rape story. Now that is paranoid to me.

I hope the definition help you to understand what greeting is about. We europeans use greeting to strangers, not talk to strangers...

greeting: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

If you still can´t convince the difference between greeting hint and talk to the stranger... then never mind.

Hey hey hey, I read from pages 4 -12. *whoaaa whoaaa* Where are the Posting about Russia? you guys spoken about "talk with a strange man/woman or friendly to compare about america and europa".
CALM DOWN!!!
I can't blame one strange lady, when i saw her at Foods Store. i was like :shock: what she put their clothes? Pajama (sleepwear). i wont put my sleepwear and go outside. But i respect them. they took their different education, to me another, too.
everyone have some learning for their eduction life.
when i did travel through in Canada and sat front in the bus. one strange woman sat back. she saw my tank with open up laundry mark, so she touched on my laundry mark and put it down. I said, eeeh!!! that is first time for me and my mind said, wow she was soo friendly. i aware, in germany people arent too much friendly. i habit to live there. that is fine with me. but you guys are too hard argument about to compare friendly in america and europe. oh please!!! i hope, someday you will visit in germany and would more learn about culture in germany. you would understand.

when i am going with my husband to Harley davidson store in AZ. I saw one man, he has a gun in their back pants. i felt very bad and go outside, because i have no trust of this man, because i had never experience in my life, because i habit to live in germany and see no one gun. my husband said, nothing wrong and don't be afraid. i do afraid. that is very hard to accept for me. gun is not toys. He said, one man want protect himself, so I don't judgement about bad education in america, the same in germany. if you had been visiting in germany and learn yourself. Not hard argument, "best the live in america than germany" or whatever...
please the topic back about Russia.

Europeans can own guns? :-o that's new to me! Like I said long time ago - please read the post VERY CAREFULLY. In fact - next time you read any of my posts, read it 3x. I repost - "You cannot call us Americans paranoid just because we have guns. You don't call people paranoid based on weapons they have. It's in their thoughts."

I want short tell you. Of course, it is a long time ago. PPL chose themselves, want one gun so badly or not. But by Taxi yes, because of their protect. driver women taxi don't want own gun, then take another the pepper-spray or another.

:lol:

We already know within few days after Fall of the Berlin Wall that some East Germans were not happy to be free from communison, not several years later...
OK; so you agree with my original statement. :)

I explained why West Germans are not happy with East Germans FEW months after greet them on the day of Berlin Wall Fall... My post was being ignored and claim that your hubby are correct... so I asked for the source to support your claim... It should be FEW days, not several years later after Fall of Berlin Wall.
I didn't ignore your post. You at first didn't stipulate a time frame, so I posted the first link that applied. You don't deny the facts of the link, so . . . ?

Accord the link, you posted is not match what you and your hubby claimed... Accord your post that West Germans were not friendly to East Germans on that day of wall berlin pulled down... that's exact source, I want to see...
Neither Hubby nor I said it was about "that day". The phrase "first came down" refers to the first couple years of reunification.

The cultural difference is that Americans will have conversations with strangers, not just "hint" a greeting.

Americans will chat and chat with strangers while waiting in lines, sitting in waiting rooms, browsing thru stores, riding a city bus, etc. If it's a long flight, we might know each others' life stories before the plane lands. :lol:

Europeans can own guns? :-o that's new to me!

See? the problem is your ignorant...

We can apply for liecense to get gun if we want to but we are not interesting...

Like I said long time ago - please read the post VERY CAREFULLY. In fact - next time you read any of my posts, read it 3x. I repost - "You cannot call us Americans paranoid just because we have guns. You don't call people paranoid based on weapons they have. It's in their thoughts."

You call Europeans paraniod because Europeans don´t talk to strangers... Why can´t I allow to call Americans paraniod for use guns that´s because you agree with Reba for start to call European as a paraniod ?

Normally I would not like to call Americans as a paraniod for own gun because I want to respect them for good reasons, not just abuse gun for not reasons. I am sure that you know my posts at Gun control threads... Sadly, you and Reba disrespect Europeans´s mentatliy to label them as a paraniod for not want to strangers... so I has to remind her about gun issues why we do not consider ourselves as a parniod because we don´t own gun but Americans does. I would not say anything if Reba didn´t start it.

People can be paranoid even without guns.

That´s exact point what I said back to Reba... Normally I would not say this because it´s disrespectful but Reba started it so I has to say back to her.

They can have 5 door locks at home or install metal grills for their windows. They can be paranoid if they think every strangers are bad people. Paranoid means you're always suspicious of everybody.... not just people with guns.

Really?, we don´t need to make too extreme like what you say here.... :)

Like I said before - Europeans depend on government too much.

See? You really have no idea...

Not really... we are free to choose what we like... :)

That is nothing good or bad. It's simply your European way to do so and we Americans live differently. There's no right or wrong.

Of course, I know. So?

and I am not defending Reba but defending America's way of life.

No, you defend Reba few hours ago over "gun and paraniod" issues... I tried to tell you that it´s Reba who started it but you ignored me and agree with Reba for saying that Europeans are parniod for not talk to strangers.

You frequently attacked American way.

I? WHAT? I think you confuse me with someone else. I don´t attack America´s way but debate respectful agree to disagree over healthcare and gun issues... that´s all. Please refrain your false statement.

Reba and I are simply defending it against your misconceptions and misinterpretations. :cool2:

Again false statement... I only disagree a little point is "talk to the strangers in public", no more than anything... All what I see is you misinterpreted my posts and make too extreme posts...

so excuse me for your ignorance and uneducation as well....

:laugh2: look the example of many posts like that..

Europeans can own guns? :-o that's new to me!

Europeans depend on government too much.

And you don´t understand the difference between "talk to stranger" and "social common greeting"

This is a definition of your uneducation and ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back