Do you want to visit Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:fruit: continuing to avoid my simple question..... lalalalalaaaaaa.... I have nothing more to say.

One can easily conclude that you did not converse with the homeowner because you thought the homeowner was going to shoot you. You still have not told me what did you do when the homeowner said HELLO to you.

Again - this is an easy question to answer. DID YOU or DID YOU NOT talk to homeowner?
No I'm not talking about GOOD MORNING/HELLO and that's it. You look like you were enjoying looking at his/her house because maybe it looks pretty and all. The homeowner came out and said HELLO! Did you TALK to neighbor or did you walk away suddenly?

The more you avoid, the more you confirmed our suspicion that you are still disrespecting our culture by continuing to think of American stereotype that we shoot at strangers.

Like what I said at my earlier post, that I'm not paraniod when I am aware of US Gun culture before visit there. I read about America's culture and menatlity to respect them.

I have no paraniod feeling when American greeted me with small hint "Hello"... I replied back to them in manner way.

Like what I said at my earlier post, that I'm not paraniod when I am aware of US Gun culture before visit there. I read about America's culture and menatlity to respect them.

I have no paraniod feeling when American greeted me with small hint "Hello"... I replied back to them in manner way.

If you were aware of American culture and its so-called mentality... why did you not take opportunity of it by conversing with homeowner to talk about his/her house? Obviously... you stood long enough to look at his/her house and that made the homeowner to come out. Something must have interested you to look at the house for a while.

Remember the link you gave us? How to Understand Basic American Culture -- for Foreign Visitors | eHow.com

Conversation: Americans love to talk and generally it is OK to talk even to strangers about nearly any subject at any time as long as you are polite.

exactly my point. We smile/wave to strangers and if we do talk, we shake hands and exchange our names. That is American culture and American custom of greeting. I am not saying your culture is bad. It's perfectly fine and every culture is different but point is - this is AMERICAN CULTURE and you're saying - No it's not! It's mentality! :roll:

Accord my co-worker, this is American custom. Re-read my response post to Reba over mentality.

The link, I provided is American's culture way of greeting each other like "Hello, how are you"... , and learn about American's custom way of greeting like that...

I do not disrespect America's culture or any countries' culture but find their different culture interesting...

Accord my co-worker, this is American custom. Re-read my response post to Reba over mentality.

The link, I provided is American's culture way of greeting each other like "Hello, how are you"... , and learn about American's custom way of greeting like that...

I do not disrespect America's culture or any countries' culture but find their different culture interesting...

noooooowwwww we're getting there! :party: You're beginning to understand that it's an American culture! not "mentality"

Don't forget - just because Americans didn't act like what it was said in the link is doesn't mean it's not true about what we said about American culture. It's because the Americans act with courtesy in respect to German culture. :cool2:

If you were aware of American culture and its so-called mentality... why did you not take opportunity of it by conversing with homeowner to talk about his/her house? Obviously... you stood long enough to look at his/her house and that made the homeowner to come out. Something must have interested you to look at the house for a while.

Remember the link you gave us? How to Understand Basic American Culture -- for Foreign Visitors | eHow.com

It's not my type to make first move... I only do if necassary... like ask for permission to take a picture.

I realized that I forget to add my previous posts that I asked American houseowner permission to take picture of his beautiful house when I saw him outside at his property.. He knew straight that I'm not an American accord my different mentatliy and voice. He was friendly to me and said that I can take a picture of his house. I did. (I want to show the picture of US houses to my familiy). After finish, I :ty: him.. He said it's his pleasure and wave... it's only once. I took pictures of houses with streets... He did not chat with me but just friendly hint... Hello, ... Yes... Welcome.... Bye... that's all.

I walked slowly and look right and left the houseswhen the neighborhood saw me and hello to me... I said back to them... no more....... instead of stand longer to stare them... it would make me feel rude if I do that because I don't know them.

It's me.

noooooowwwww we're getting there! :party: You're beginning to understand that it's an American culture! not "mentality"

Actually, but you should accurate your posts in previous post, instead of just said "talk strangers friendly is a America's culture"... My co-workers are also :scratch:, too... I thought you or Reba would read my response post to Sunshinelady what I know of American's small hint of greeting... but none... continue debate... debate... until I showed you the link this morning... at LAST!!! Yes, I agree that American's hint of greeting is also part of America's culture....

:party:

Don't forget - just because Americans didn't act like what it was said in the link is doesn't mean it's not true about what we said about American culture. It's because the Americans act with courtesy in respect to German culture. :cool2:

The 2 links, I posted last week is not negative? To me, it's not negative but positive and interesting one.

Do you feel being negative by the 2 links of America's culture, I posted last week? Can you please explain your point why you feel being negative ?

Until I found positive link for third time today... you and Reba are happy with that..., not 2 links of last week?

It's not my type to make first move... I only do if necassary... like ask for permission to take a picture.
Completely understandable! Americans DO tend to make first move in foreign country.... which is why you read some posts that the Russians or other countries thought suspiciously.

I realized that I forget to add my previous posts that I asked American houseowner permission to take picture of his beautiful house when I saw him outside at his property.. He knew straight that I'm not an American accord my different mentatliy and voice. He was friendly to me and said that I can take a picture of his house. I did. (I want to show the picture of US houses to my familiy). After finish, I :ty: him.. He said it's his pleasure and wave... it's only once. I took pictures of houses with streets... He did not chat with me but just friendly hint... Hello, ... Yes... Welcome.... Bye... that's all.

I walked slowly and look right and left the houseswhen the neighborhood saw me and hello to me... I said back to them... no more....... instead of stand longer to stare them... it would make me feel rude if I do that because I don't know them.

It's me.

There you go!!! :ty: for your good answer! Now you know that we just don't shoot at strangers :laugh2: Of course not every homeowners in America are like that but it is rare for homeowners just shoot at strangers even though they didn't pose any threat. yes it is bit awkward to stare at house long time but as long as you explained to them that you love their house... that's ok! It's American culture, not mentality. We simply love to brag to strangers about our homes, cars, etc. (only if it's something special) because we like to have good time! There's no doubt that if homeowner can sign, he would love to tell you everything about his house. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he invited you and your family over for a dinner! :cool2:

Not all Americans shares same culture but the MAJORITY of Americans do... which is why it's called American culture. Yes you are correct that America has MANY races and MANY cultures together but there is ONE same culture in America that ALL races & cultures in America share. :cool2:

If you're ever in America again like New York City, sorry but I don't have much to brag for you... I don't have a nice house nor a nice garden but I do have a dog and motorcycle to brag! :laugh2:

The 2 links, I posted last week is not negative? To me, it's not negative but positive and interesting one.

Do you feel being negative by the 2 links of America's culture, I posted last week? Can you please explain your point why you feel being negative ?

Until I found positive link for third time today... you and Reba are happy with that..., not 2 links of last week?

You mean this link?

1st link is kinda stupid. These statements quoted by kids are just a repeat from what they read in history book and the movies they saw... they don't know anything much. When they are grown up - they will know more and better about what is American culture and they can describe "American Culture" much better.

2nd link doesn't really describe much about American culture sociologically and anthropologically.

Your 3rd link that you posted yesterday is a MUCH better and more accurate description of American culture. It's a very good link. :ty:

Completely understandable! Americans DO tend to make first move in foreign country.... which is why you read some posts that the Russians or other countries thought suspiciously.

Yes, I noticed it, too. It doesn't mean that Russians or other countries have bad thought or suspiciously them... but I would say that it's our "withdraw"/"overreact"... and did not use it... It's us, not Americans... We (most Europeans) know it's American's sterotypes when we see them in Europe countries... :giggle: Some Europeans (including myself) consider it as rude when Americans made small greeting hint "Hello how are you" until we replied "fine"... then go off... they get "offend" when I replied "not good"... I has to give them fake answer that I'm fine when I don't get well... Oh well, it doesn't bother me really... it's them... I get used of their way like that. I work for US Government for almost 23 years and get use their ways... they all have different personality.../characters.../sterotypes... menatlity... I have seen them come and go every 2 to 3 years...

There you go!!! :ty: for your good answer! Now you know that we just don't shoot at strangers :laugh2: Of course not every homeowners in America are like that but it is rare for homeowners just shoot at strangers even though they didn't pose any threat. yes it is bit awkward to stare at house long time but as long as you explained to them that you love their house... that's ok! It's American culture, not mentality. We simply love to brag to strangers about our homes, cars, etc. (only if it's something special) because we like to have good time! :cool2:

Yes I know and am aware of it...

:laugh2::giggle: Your post make me laugh... Yes I know they would not shoot me as a foreign stranger... :giggle:

Not all Americans shares same culture but the MAJORITY of Americans do... which is why it's called American culture. Yes you are correct that America has MANY races and MANY cultures together but there is ONE same culture in America that ALL races & cultures in America share. :cool2:

Yes, I am aware that it call America's culture... I don't mind to learn different culture there in America when I want to visit different states in USA again... I find interesting to collect different culture in USA than just one culture. It mean that we would stay in USA for long months to learn their culture, not just few weeks to one month... My brother in law visited all around the USA for 4 months in 1988. Most of my friends did for 2 to 6 months there... I envied them... :giggle: I know I will when my boys are over 18 years old.

If you're ever in America again like New York City, sorry but I don't have much to brag for you... I don't have a nice house nor a nice garden but I do have a dog and motorcycle to brag! :laugh2:

:laugh2: It's you and your dog, I come to see, not your house...:P

:laugh2: It's you and your dog, I come to see, not your house...:P[/SIZE]

My dog will definitely brag to you about his house :laugh2:

n8825246_30547037_6121.jpg

You mean this link?

Yes

1st link is kinda stupid. These statements quoted by kids are just a repeat from what they read in history book and the movies they saw... they don't know anything much. When they are grown up - they will know more and better about what is American culture and they can describe "American Culture" much better.

2nd link doesn't really describe much about American culture sociologically and anthropologically.

Your 3rd link that you posted yesterday is a MUCH better and more accurate description of American culture. It's a very good link. :ty:

Oh I get it. It doesn't mean that 1st link is stupid but just their impression for their view on America's culture and see what they feel. I was being taught to know there're many cultures in USA. It's almost same what 1st link said but it doesn't mean that they are negative... but really positive and interesting, IMO.

2nd link, yes I has to agree with you that it's not much to write than I know but you can find "references" in that sources about American's culture.

It's good that you like 3rd link better... Willkommen :)...

It's good education for us to debate agree to disagree each other.

Oh I get it. It doesn't mean that 1st link is stupid but just their impression for their view on America's culture and see what they feel. I was being taught to know there're many cultures in USA. It's almost same what 1st link said but it doesn't mean that they are negative... but really positive and interesting, IMO.

I quickly skimmed thru the 1st link and I don't see anything negative. That's the thing. They're repeating what they read in history books. That's why I said it's kinda stupid. I know America has some flaws such as gun crimes, drug laws, pollution, and many mores.... and I want to hear negative things about America. that's the beauty thing about Freedom of Speech. We are free to speak negative of our government and country.... that's how we try to improve ourselves. You've already seen in news about what happened to people who speak negative of their government and country. It's scary :Ohno:

Jiro, are you moving to southeast US in near future? Just curious.

Jiro, are you moving to southeast US in near future? Just curious.

who knows? :dunno: I'm quite fond of PA (Philadelphia area) and of course its lax laws and cheap taxes. For now - I'm not even thinking about moving or buying a house because I'm not in a serious relationship nor engaged. I'm fine living at home with my family especially seeing my bank account growing and growing :naughty::deal:

who knows? :dunno: I'm quite fond of PA (Philadelphia area) and of course its lax laws and cheap taxes.

You can move if want too, long as you find good job that satisfied to you.

TN and KY are nice place to live, despite on heavily socially conservative.

You can move if want too, long as you find good job that satisfied to you.

TN and KY are nice place to live, despite on heavily socially conservative.

sorry not interested in TN or KY lol. I prefer coastal zone or metro-area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back