do you trust the COPS?

Glenn

Reaction score
Being a deaf or HOH person, do you trust the cops?

If you are in an interaction with the police, do you ever wonder if they can communicate with you? And the other way around?

I've had some bad experiences with cops, and some that were less than good.

The worst was when I wanted to talk to a sheriff's deputy who was parked on the shoulder of the road. He wasn't giving anyone a ticket; he was just observing traffic. I went to talk to him and he got all crazy and the next thing I know he has his sidearm drawn (pointing at the ground). I kept telling him that I was deaf, but he was too amped to listen much. He was finally able to communicate that he wanted me to get back in my truck. So I did that and he came up on the passenger side with his sidearm still out. He wanted to know if I had any weapons. I told him no. He wanted to know what I wanted, so I told him that I just wanted to ask him where a dumpster was that I could use. He told me about ten miles down the road. I just said kthanxbye and got the he11 out of there.

I must be some big scary badass to get that kind of reaction from an armed law enforcement officer.

Some other encounters were't all that great either due to communication issues.

So whenever I see cops taking an interest in me, I get a little nervous. Not that I am doing anything illegal. It's been at least 15 years since I have any kind of traffic tickets. But it's hard to think that all cops are going to be rational and can communicate effectively given the experiences I have had.

Thoughts?

We are in the middle of a panic wave of abject fear:

One out of every hundred million people is a crazed serial killer -- And we can't tell which person it is -- So we have to keep the other 999,999 people at bay with drawn guns just in case one of them is it.

In an atmosphere of fear it is hard to trust yourself let alone anyone else -- How do you know you are not a danger to yourself and everybody else in the world?

Prove it!

In an atmosphere of fear it is hard to trust yourself let alone anyone else -- How do you know you are not a danger to yourself and everybody else in the world?

Prove it![/QUOTE]

HMMMM How do I know??? Dunno, ask Glenn. He knows. Am I baby??

Back