Do you suffer from ocd ?

Pinky, maybe your friend has a lot of things on her mind and is dealing with a lot of things.

Try to put yourself in her position. How would you feel if someone went up to you and asked you if you had OCD and thought you needed to be medicated? This would cause a wall to go up.

Try to be her friend, Pinky. Help her but don't analyse her. It doesn't help. Friends help each other.

Yeah she have too much mind to deal with stuff. I don't want to leave her or not friend with her. I really love her! I can pray for her. May she have an alcoholic abuse?? :hmm:

I am sorry to get wrong thread. Thank you for advice.

My opinion is everyone has it, due to the facts we didn't show our true self. Do I have one? Possible but it is pretty nature to have one.

Some say worrying could be part of OCD. Rather to know we aren't sane at all, of course we are humans.

Worrying can be a symptom of OCD. However, it is to the degree that the worrying occurs that would lead one to adiagnosis. Worrying is a natural part of life. Worrying to the degree that you cannot function is excessive and diagnosable. There are many criterion that must be met before a diagnosis of OCD is arrived at. Normal behavior is not OCD.

Yeah, Let her figure it out herself and need to seek for help. I can't do anything for her unless she want to try kill herself. I would call the cops. But I haven't hear from her word. She is a self-sufferance.

Anyways, Thank you and Jillo for advice.

You are welcome, Pinky. And if she does treaten suicide, most definately call the police. That will be the beginning to getting her the help she needs.

Yeah, Let her figure it out herself and need to seek for help. I can't do anything for her unless she want to try kill herself. I would call the cops. But I haven't hear from her word. She is a self-sufferance.

Anyways, Thank you and Jillo for advice.

You're welcome, Pinky. :)

I've never been diagnose with OCD. I have ocd tendecies tho. I'm a neat freak, anything out of place bothers me alot. I like to have control of my enivornment i must admit. I'm also touchy about cleaningness and germs. I can't live with other people who are nasty, not so clean, doesn't store food properly. Those things really upset me to da core. I feel it's gettin worse everyday. I hope I won't turn into Monk. :)

I've never been diagnose with OCD. I have ocd tendecies tho. I'm a neat freak, anything out of place bothers me alot. I like to have control of my enivornment i must admit. I'm also touchy about cleaningness and germs. I can't live with other people who are nasty, not so clean, doesn't store food properly. Those things really upset me to da core. I feel it's gettin worse everyday. I hope I won't turn into Monk. :)

It sounds as if you most likely have obsessive/compulsive personality traits. That is not a disorder. Only when it becomes so severe that it interferes with daily functioning is it a disorder. Many people have OC personality traits. I have a few of them myself. They can actually be beneficial in many ways.

I am still being treated for it. Doing well on medication, but once off meds, I don't do as well. I may be someone who will need meds for life, but that is OK with me. I'd rather take the medications and learn ways to deal with my issues then try to go off meds and have my life be ruled by rituals.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Very well said OB. I am on meds as well and would rather be controlled by anxiety ridden seizures brought on stress. I have always personally believed that everyone suffers a form of OCD. No one is that perfect.

Wirelessly posted

Very well said OB. I am on meds as well and would rather be controlled by anxiety ridden seizures brought on stress. I have always personally believed that everyone suffers a form of OCD. No one is that perfect.

Your hubby said something similar awhile back and I disagreed with him (about everyone being afflicted with a form of OCD). I respectfully disagree with you, too. :giggle:. That's not saying I totally disagree. I think OCD is on the anxiety spectrum of disorders, and yes, I will agree with you that just about everyone has SOME TYPE of quirk that they deal with; it's just not specifically OCD in nature.

I also believe that people subject to these disorders have a biological predisposition for them. I can trace various anxiety disorders all throughout my family. Everything ranging from OCD to generalized anxiety to you name it. Eating disorders are prevalent in my family as well. Also, if you mix environmental factors in with that biological predisposition, you've basically got a recipe for that disorder popping up in an individual. This is what happened to me. My upbringing (which I will not go into) coupled with the biological predisposition for the disorders set me up for my diagnoses.

But, I'm doing well (or a heck of a lot better than I was), so I'm happy with my treatment and I will continue on the path I'm on.

It's only a disorder if it affects everything you do in your daily routine. Hence, the word, disorder being a part of the term, OCD.

Everybody has a certain obsession about how things should be. For instance, cutting all of the pancakes before eating them. Keeping the closet closed while you are sleeping. Making sure your car is parked straight, not crooked.

Are any of these quirks making a negative impact on your life?

If not, then you do not have OCD. It's just a little obsession of yours that you can live with. Everybody has their little obsessions they can live with.

It's only a disorder if it affects everything you do in your daily routine. Hence, the word, disorder being a part of the term, OCD.

Everybody has a certain obsession about how things should be. For instance, cutting all of the pancakes before eating them. Keeping the closet closed while you are sleeping. Making sure your car is parked straight, not crooked.

Are any of these quirks making a negative impact on your life?

If not, then you do not have OCD. It's just a little obsession of yours that you can live with. Everybody has their little obsessions they can live with.

:gpost:

My symptoms became very disrupting to not only me; but family as well. The things I did to alleviate my anxieties were draining. I HAD to do these rituals or I didn't know what would happen. It was that not knowing that frightened me and kept me bound to my rituals. Since medication and therapy, I've cut my ritualistic behavior down considerably. I have things I still do, but, it's not nearly like it was before I was diagnosed.

Wirelessly posted

OCD tendencies, but it's not tied to the actual disorder. It's a self-coping method for dealing with ADD-like symptoms.

Wirelessly posted

OCD tendencies, but it's not tied to the actual disorder. It's a self-coping method for dealing with ADD-like symptoms.

That's a good way of putting it. I believe that is what Mrs. Bucket meant.

Wirelessly posted

Banjo said:
souggy said:

Without the hyperfocus, my apartment would be messy and disorganized! Sometimes I hyperfocus too much and completely forget about the things that need to be done versus the things that I want to finish.

Oooooooooooh, the double-edged sword!

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Hopefully, she'll tell us what she meant. In the meantime, I wasn't merely talking about tendencies. I was talking about the actual disorder.

I'll agree, however, that OCD tendencies is a way to self medicate for ADD. I've done that, actually.

Wirelessly posted

Without the hyperfocus, my apartment would be messy and disorganized! Sometimes I hyperfocus too much and completely forget about the things that need to be done versus the things that I want to finish.

Oooooooooooh, the double-edged sword!

It very much is! I will focus on a singular thing; competely ignoring the larger disaster my room has become. My room is the only messy one in the house as I tend to be very methodical about picking up the house. If not, the whole house would fall down around me. I get "lost" in trying to deal with the house as a whole. I have to have lists and things to remind me what to do. This, ofc, aggravates the OCD. However, I'd rather be a little nitpicky and make a million lists to remind me of things then forget what I'm doing and let the entire house go to pot.

Having ADD AND OCD can be quite....interesting, to say the least. :giggle:

Wirelessly posted

Banjo said:
Wirelessly posted

Yes both you and souggy explained it exactly what I tried to explain.. thank you. OB, sorry for not explaining myself clearly. Smile.

Wirelessly posted

Yes both you and souggy explained it exactly what I tried to explain.. thank you. OB, sorry for not explaining myself clearly. Smile.

Much better! :)

Thank you all!

MB,

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be argumentative. I just didn't understand clearly enough. That's just how my mind works. I need things spelled out; I'm afraid. No harm, no foul. All is good. smile

I have been diagnosed with OCD and it irritates my family. I do not take any medication as the doctors never mentioned it.

Mostly I can control it to just being in the house, though some of the stores do like me coming in as I straighten all their shelves for them. My family has always explained it as me being "ultra-organized".

Back