Do you stop at red lights?

Do you stop at red lights?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No i go though them when yellow

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
I don't run red lights. If I'm far away and the light turns yellow, I slow down to a stop. If I'm close and the light turns yellow, I keep going.

Now, that is responsible, mature approach. I like and I agree and I do the same.

I would like everyone to take a minute to consider that lights are for OUR OWN BENEFIT, not just some annoying law to make us irritated.

When you are driving a car, you have to think not only for yourself but OTHER drivers as well.
Someone else might have the same idea as you- to pass on the same yellow light you decided to speed thru. And you are in accident.

Is it worth a mere minute of waiting?

Fuzzy

Keep avoid Car Insuracne increase!!! Sometimes I saw yellow light Oh no pushed the gas hurry! and pushed brake stopped it. ah!

It depends on both the time and distance for me. If Im so far from the light when it turns yellow, time to hit the brakes and downshift the car. close? mash the gas pedal further

I need quite reasonable time to slow the car down to a stop by hitting the brakes and going from 5th gear to 4th then to 3rd and if possible 2nd gear as I like to use engine-braking along with using regular brakes to slow it. That method enabled me to get 125,000 miles out of my front brake pads compared to 90,000 to 100k for braking without downshifting.

whenever i'm at the point of no return for the speed i'm going, i'm not freaking gonna slam on my brakes every freaking time the light turned yellow

I don't run red lights. If I'm far away and the light turns yellow, I slow down to a stop. If I'm close and the light turns yellow, I keep going. :)

Same here.

This is my most embarrassing moment and I'm fortunate I didn't get a ticket...

I was driving all around every day and night just fine... until I don't know what was going on. I was thinking and was not focusing on the street. Darn that thinking cap. Luckily, the cars were around at the time.. it was 11 p.m. when I was heading home from the Albertsons store getting diapers and foods. Jeez. I noticed I went thru the red light...I looked around and sunk under the steering wheel...face blushed red and wheew! I blamed myself. So much embarrassment. So I learned to stop thinking and focusing on what road I'm driving and be careful with the lights! That was in 1995 when I was 25 years old. (my then-toddler/infant kids were with their dad that time)

I can do both: stopping at red light completely OR going thru the yellow light but use a pre-caution when going thru the yellow light.

Yes I stop at red lights accord strict traffic law in Germany... It´s too expensive if I disobey traffic law... :Ohno:

yeah if closer, i would accelerate to go but if its too far.. stop and wait.. :)

It depends for me, If I happen to be driving near the traffic light and it turns yellow, I'll past by. But, I would not go past the red light, I'll slam my brakes. :whistle: (I'm just pulling your leg)

If I can safely stop on yellow, I will. If someone is tailgating me, I won't stop.

A few years ago, I stopped for a yellow light changing to red, and the truck behind hit my car. The driver of the truck told the police that she didn't expect me to stop, so she didn't try to stop. Duh! She got the ticket.

My poor car. :( I only bought it the week before, and it still had a temporary tag on it.

dont know if its true.... but got this in email today... hmm something to ponder on...

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

agree with this or not? heh.. :)

SmileyGin said:
...If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

agree with this or not? heh.. :)
I think I've already passed that. :D

The only thing I'd drive through the red light if the tornado is tail-gaining me.

VamPyroX said:
I don't run red lights. If I'm far away and the light turns yellow, I slow down to a stop. If I'm close and the light turns yellow, I keep going. :)

I'm the same way..I don't want to *risk* my life driving run red lights..too dangerous to risk that...

Since I Don't Drive Thru The Red Light, But If I Ever Do Would Be Cause Of Brake Failure{i Certainly Hope It Will Never Happen Though}

When turns Green to Yellow.. I'll keep contuine varoooooooooom zoom...
When Yellow to Red.. *fo-r-r--rget it* ain't going varoooooooooomm zoom... will come accidently!
I'd rather stay and wait til Green on..as for safe proceed!

Back