Do you miss high school formal dances?

i actually never went to
my "hearing high school prom"
only because I had a Real Handsome Hunk
"Very Deaf" boyfriend about ten years older than me
and he did NOT want to go there, ha.....
He's much attractive and interesting
more than these high school boys, ha...

The high school dances suck as well. I hated my high school people...they were snotty dorks!! :madfawk:

I chose not to go to all the semi-formals and dances at my high school. Anyone who knows me know that I dont like dancing, so it was just not important for me to do and dance my ass off. I think my high school had like 4 or 5 different dances each year, like Miss Monogram Dance, Thanksgiving Bonfire and Snake Dance, Snowball Semi-Formal, Senior Prom, etc... Anyway, I still don't go to dances nor to clubs. I would rather hang out with friends at restaurants or coffeehouses and chat the night away.

I enjoyed my h.s. years. I've never gone to Homecoming dances. But I did go to the Prom two times, and a few other dances (semi formals, Sadie Hawkins) I always had a good time.

I asked most of my dates out. *Geez, what's with guys feeling intimidated?* but for prom, I got asked to go :) My friend set me up with a guy in college and she posted a poster in one of our classes saying "Kristen, Will you go to the prom with me? ..." That was cute. And my senior prom, a good friend of mine back then finally got the nerve to ask me by giving me a beanie baby puppy with a note around it's collar asking me to Prom. Of course I accepted! lol I had a bit of a crush on him, and EVERYONE at my hs thought we were a couple for a long time (never was).

Ah, good memories, indeed.

Lasza said:
Myself don't miss high school dances. Because of we are under watching from the staffs. :ugh:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I go to formal banquets every year in college and those are a lot better. I get to drink all I want! Hehehe!

Back