• I have really no idea

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you like math ? Explain your answer ? Why yes? or Why no ?

(BTW I'm a mathematician :mrgreen: )

I used to excel in math while taking it in high school (decades ago..heh), although, as for math, the simple means of using a calculator makes it umm...less 'nerve-whacking'. ;)

I wouldn't have minded if I had pursue math more deeper in my later years...well, for now and the time being, sticking with the good ol' calculator! :D

Math is my primary language. Last time I took Introductory Statistics before Calculus II a few years ago...

Mookie said:
Math is my primary language. Last time I took Introductory Statistics before Calculus II a few years ago...
Sorry, I forgot most of what I learned in uni... :dunno:

I voted I like it but not much. Math was not my favorite subject when I was in high school. I wish I had paid more attention on Math though.

Roadrunner said:
I used to excel in math while taking it in high school (decades ago..heh), although, as for math, the simple means of using a calculator makes it umm...less 'nerve-whacking'. ;)

I wouldn't have minded if I had pursue math more deeper in my later years...well, for now and the time being, sticking with the good ol' calculator! :D
LOL you are not the only one who sticks with a calculator. I do too :D

Thanks for your comments, buddies but I should go to bed .. It's 23:33 now!!! Take care :)

Yea i really really dislike math to the fullest. Esp when I have to pay to take it in school, and act like im interested in it, blah

Math?!?!?!? r u saying...

HELLLLLPPPPPP... Bring my best friend Calculator... In Case If I need.... and will hollering for calculator.. :D

Saved my bell!

Maths?! I think I have a phobia!! :ugh:

Eww, I refused to take any form of Mathematics in grade 11 and 12. It scared me...... :Ohno:

I used to love it when I was in 11th and 12th grade. When I went to College, I hate it. BUT I like it but not too much. Like others said - Must have calculator!!

I never took any higher level math courses; just algebra 1 & 2, and plane geometry in high school, and algebra in college. I enjoyed taking math in school. It was the "old" math--no calculators but good ol' slide rule.

I most enjoy doing math in my head. I developed that practice when I worked at a movie theater snack stand for a year after high school. We had no "register"--just a divided cash tray. I had to total up prices, figure the tax, and make change in my head. That was in CT, and at that time the sales tax was 7.5%, and it wasn't charged for every item (candy and orange drink yes, popcorn and ice cream no). My accounts balanced every time.

I drive Hubby nuts. When we go shopping, I keep a running total of purchases in my head. When we get to the checkout, I have the exact amount of money ready, including taxes. I am also the person that everyone asks for help for figuring tips, grade averages, how many boards or gallons of paint to buy, etc. It's just a game.

I never really was good at math. However, I do engage in 'ad hoc' mathematics where I apply my limited knowledge in solving a certain problem, usually involving my finances! :)

I would like to learn more, though. I find the field very fascinating.

I hate math, only algebra or some complicated math that I don't like. Something easy for me, I would like.

I enjoy Math alot. I went as far as Calculus I. I have dabbed in some other areas like Linear Algerbra. I always wanted to get into Topology but I just don't have the background for the heavy duty stuff. *Sigh* Never enough time to play...

Give me a good HP calculator with RPN and I'm one happy camper. I can't believe that very few people are able to deal with RPN (mumble...getting harder to find too!)

Back