Do you keep....

BabyAngel

Reaction score
Curious how many peoples do this way:

Do you keep your computers on all night while you are sleeping? (while the monitor sleeps)

If so, why do you want to do that way? Because is it easy to jump on the computer the next day instead of waiting on computer to start up?

well, i am not living on my own and I have to turn off my computer every night cuz of electricity bills. If I go to college, then I can leave computer on every other night.

i use hibernation mode in xp to save all of memory and xp screen to hard drive and shut down. Next day, i turn on computer and everything would appear immediately.

I leave my computer on 24/7, only when I'm in town. When I'm out of town far away for a few days, I turn it off. I turn the monitor off, since the USB 2.0 PCI card has a sleep bug. I can't put it to sleep so it crashes the computer and can't wait it up. The electricity bills are only a few dollars difference. ;)

Something i do leavin my computer on while i was :zzz: in bed..sometime i do turn my computer off while i was at work cuz don't wanna running electricity went HIGH as $$$ forget it... but depend unless if the light are off at NITE time will no plm running electricity while my computer leavin on at day either nite

Nah, I don't keep the computer on all night while I am sleeping, I logged off and shut off my system. ;)

When I am go to school or work that I always turn off my computer same at bed time turn off.. while in day time if I am home then I leave my computer on :)

I leave all my computers on as power consumption is much lower then it used to be back in the dark ages. They boot up fast enough, but I don't feel the need. Plus my unix boxes get mad at me when I reboot them often.

I leave it on 24/7 except if I am going away or sleep at friend's house then I turn it off.

BabyAngel said:
...Do you keep your computers on all night while you are sleeping? ...
No.

Also, I don't leave them on when I leave the house.

leave on 24/7 days because using cablemodem/DSL too... depend if I'm gone vacation...then will turn it off whole system thingy! :D

I does have DSL but never leave it on all time always turn it off when i goes bed ... and turn on when i got home from work or later and turn it off while go away or go out or go on vacations like that ...

No I don't because I have a dail-up and I need it open for people to call here....

I leave mine on 24/7. If I am going out of town, turn it off. I also put sleep mode as well.

i leave on day time.. if i am in town, leave it on but sleep code.. if i go bed or out of town turn off... sometime my mom use computer while i gone

I leave my computer on 24/7 because I have DSL. I do a lot of photo work on photoshop and if I close photoshop then I'd lose history of my work. There are some things that I like to "undo" my work and do something else. I leave AIM running on all the time in case my mom needs to contact me. It's like having answering machine.

yes i leave my computer on all nite everyday, except if gone from weekend or vacation, turn it off.

Back