Do you have a contingency plan?

DGirl---NWT=Northwest Territories

Glad it was still good.....:hmm: Franchise you say???

Yeah, from what I gathered online....googled it. Funny how 11 stores are pretty much in a 60 mile radius from here but there's one in Orem, UT.

Do you know how to make a snare?

Snares are your "meat gathering device" ;)

Yes I do. My father taught me how. For small game.

I prefer to use bow and arrow, or my blow gun.

It takes A LOT to track down an area that the animal frequents. Have to know some of the signs AND from the signs, what animal it is.

The one thing about snares is this....if the animal is snared, it suffers if the snare is not set up properly.

So while I do know how to make a snare, I don't use it.

Do you guys (your group) have a claim (s) or is that an individual thing?

Actually, we can pan legally on COE land. Its a free group, no dues, just like minded outdoorsy people.

I was a member of the weekend gold miners club:
Week End Gold Miners Club

but I am finding much more gold on COE land. Its mostly flakes but I never have a bad day panning.

I also found a neat little secret once when I was out exploring. The old timers from over 200 years ago chiseled out riffles in a bedrock formation in a gold bearing creek. They made a sluice right there on the bedrock. Every so often, I go there after a heavy downpour and find plinkers.

Actually, we can pan legally on COE land. Its a free group, no dues, just like minded outdoorsy people.

I was a member of the weekend gold miners club:
Week End Gold Miners Club

but I am finding much more gold on COE land. Its mostly flakes but I never have a bad day panning.

I also found a neat little secret once when I was out exploring. The old timers from over 200 years ago chiseled out riffles in a bedrock formation in a gold bearing creek. They made a sluice right there on the bedrock. Every so often, I go there after a heavy downpour and find plinkers.

Good idea you hit on re: where to go. If I remember right, gold is about 9 times heavier than rock, sand, etc except for that black stuff so it moves really slow. From your first link, I see that the gold mining/bearing places are pretty much all at the top of Georgia.

Yes, Yes, and I don't know. Google up "solar panel roofing" and start researching.

Here is one of many sites you will find.
Solar Panel Roof | Solar Roofing | Solar Roof Mount

ah you posted it. I didn't have time to post it before leaving for DC. the shingle-version solar panel is made by Dow (Dow Solar Solutions).

The cost is unjustified because the average household is about 25 kW a day and solar panel is about 2 kW a day while home wind turbine produces up to 5 kW a day.

Look up "Brevard fault" and Georgia Gold Belt ;)

I live an hour from Dahlonegha and know the location of every gold mine in Georgia.

Lived in Georgia for awhile and visited Dahlonegha several times. One time during gold prospecting day and found on the grass/gravel parking lot a small vial filled with water with about an ounce worth of gold (small nuggets, very few flakes) sitting on the bottom. Somebody dropped it. I still have it.

ah you posted it. I didn't have time to post it before leaving for DC. the shingle-version solar panel is made by Dow (Dow Solar Solutions).

The cost is unjustified because the average household is about 25 kW a day and solar panel is about 2 kW a day while home wind turbine produces up to 5 kW a day.

Well... Jiro. We were misinformed.
The average household is 1.5 kW a day.

The panels my friend has is 9kW. His house averages 2.3 kW a day.

Lived in Georgia for awhile and visited Dahlonegha several times. One time during gold prospecting day and found on the grass/gravel parking lot a small vial filled with water with about an ounce worth of gold (small nuggets, very few flakes) sitting on the bottom. Somebody dropped it. I still have it.

keep it - gold has JUMPED in value over the years.

24-hour Spot Chart - Gold

it went from $200 an ounce to $1,150

Also Rhodium was used to make junk jewelry in the 80's because it was so brittle - then geologists realized how little of it is left.

it spiked at $10,000 per ounce last year :shock: (edit - it was 2008 when it spiked)

Rhodium Spot Price

Well... Jiro. We were misinformed.
The average household is 1.5 kW a day.

The panels my friend has is 9kW. His house averages 2.3 kW a day.

sounds like the only electrical appliance at his house is his coffee machine :)

That's more than I ever got! :lol:

;) Look it up.

just so you know - the average wattage in a household is usually based on major metropolitan and suburb close to it with a family of 4. That's why they should give it a serious thought and calculation to see if they will get their money worth it or not

just so you know - the average wattage in a household is usually based on major metropolitan and suburb close to it with a family of 4. That's why they should give it a serious thought and calculation to see if they will get their money worth it or not

I know.. Like we have discussed, Metropolitan areas suck for green power.

Well, burning biomass to generate steam into electricity is green power. Just converting the sun's energy stored in the biomass and reconverting it into usuable source of power. No?

Back