Do you have a collection? What do you collect?

tools, books, etc.

When I think of a collection and collectors I have this mental image of a neatly organized well dusted and maintained somethings. Well that is not the case with me. I live in four places at the same time. Spread out. It is a disaster. Each place has vehicles, tools, books, etc. I have weakness for chainsaws and cement mixers. I like a cool looking old cement mixer that runs. I own 5 not all in one place. I thoroughly intend to make this situation worse. More books more tools, more property. Does it make any sense not really but I have fun with it all. When I was younger I liked to have a girlfriend in each place as well just to complicate things even more. It all happened because I thought I was going to have a short life so I figured if I lived more than one life at the same time I could somehow live longer in a short amount of time. Well I am still here going whoa, what have I done? :lol:

Used to collect baseball/basketball cards. Have a bagillion that just take up space. Then collected pins for few years; mostly disney and olympic pins.

Now I just buy a lot of jersies and hats
I used to collect baseball and football cards for a few years when I was in high school. I stopped when I was busy with other things. Years later, I did go back through my stuff and organize most of my cards. Now, they're sitting in storage.

I remember having a card that was worth a lot of money. When that football player got injured during a football game, the value of that card went from $50 to 5 cents. :(

I used to collect baseball and football cards for a few years when I was in high school. I stopped when I was busy with other things. Years later, I did go back through my stuff and organize most of my cards. Now, they're sitting in storage.

I remember having a card that was worth a lot of money. When that football player got injured during a football game, the value of that card went from $50 to 5 cents. :(

yeah, I know what ya mean with those fluctuating card values. Its almost like a stock investment risk collecting those cards. I laugh at myself about all the hours spend cataloging and organizing cards, but now whenever I want to access them it is quite an imaculate collection to browse.

yeah, I know what ya mean with those fluctuating card values. Its almost like a stock investment risk collecting those cards. I laugh at myself about all the hours spend cataloging and organizing cards, but now whenever I want to access them it is quite an imaculate collection to browse.
Yeah.

That's one reason why I'm holding on to them.

When that player is no longer playing, then it's easier to determine the value of the card since they no longer play. So, there's no risk of losing value from a screw-up in sports.

However, there's still a risk depending on their outside activities... like Vick. ;)

I'll probably go back through them in a few years after I buy a Beckett and review the value of my cards. :)

I have a family friend who owns a Nolan Ryan rookie card. :)

Reminds me of an incident years ago where this boy bought a Nolan Ryan rookie card for $25. His mom bought it for him at a baseball card store. Apparently, the clerk (at that time) misread the price tag. He saw $2500 and assumed the period was missing. So he rang it up as $25.00 to the mother. When the owner found out, he tried to sue the woman for the full cost... but the woman won. ;)

Yeah.

That's one reason why I'm holding on to them.

When that player is no longer playing, then it's easier to determine the value of the card since they no longer play. So, there's no risk of losing value from a screw-up in sports.

However, there's still a risk depending on their outside activities... like Vick. ;)

I'll probably go back through them in a few years after I buy a Beckett and review the value of my cards. :)

I have a family friend who owns a Nolan Ryan rookie card. :)

Reminds me of an incident years ago where this boy bought a Nolan Ryan rookie card for $25. His mom bought it for him at a baseball card store. Apparently, the clerk (at that time) misread the price tag. He saw $2500 and assumed the period was missing. So he rang it up as $25.00 to the mother. When the owner found out, he tried to sue the woman for the full cost... but the woman won. ;)

Haha, lucky buy with that Ryan. Speaking of that I have good collection of Nolan Ryan cards and couple of memorabilia. I am most proud of my basketball card collection. I only have a few hundred football cards and it is definately not my specialty.

I don't know if this falls under a collection, but I have been gathering all of my maternal grandfather's and his father's poetry and sermons from Aussieland. Great Grandfather's poetry tells of a lot of the history for Aussieland and is beautiful. I am getting them from family in Aussieland as well as uncles here in the states. I have, so far, collected somewhere near 50,000 different pieces from both men.

wow cool! dats a unique thing to do

I'm in the process of getting them all typed up into the computer and will print them out into a book for my nephew. He has the name of my grandfather and great-grandfather. The grandfather's were Ira Adina Paternoster and my nephew is Nicholas Ira and looks just like them.

I collect cat hairbals.
hair-ball-collection.jpg

I know someone who collects Air Jordans. Last time I saw his collection, he had Air Jordans that were... pink, orange, yellow, light blue, black, white, red/green, purple, brown, etc... for some Air Jordan contest he participated in. :shock:

Yeah I like to primarily collect Jordans. I'm pretty sure I have over 100 pairs of sneakers, but I'm not ever going to count. I just picked up four more pairs this past month! Maybe I'll upload some pics of the boxes and boxes i have lol, which don't include the ones I actually wear lol

Back