Do you have a collection? What do you collect?

I never really understood the card collection but that's just me :dunno:

I do like to collect watches, pen, and sunglasses - but not for "show." I actually use it until it craps out on me.

I really want to buy this darn thing that caught my eyes.. an old wooden fountain pen - a collector's item.

I collect angels (not Precious Moments). I have over 3000 just in Christmas angels alone, not to mention the other 5000 in everyday angels. They range in size from a few millimeters to a 4 foot tall musical one. That one was a gift from a client at the bank I owrked for. We weren't supposed to accept gifts, so she met me for lunch and gave it to me there. She had never balanced her checkbook before (her hubby had always done it) and she came in with a paper grocery bag of cancelled checks and her bank statements and asked me to help. She couldn't understand why her checkbook balance was less than what the bank said she had. It was 7 years worth of statements!! Seems she was not remembering to put in the small deposits of interest from all of her CD's and she had shorted herslf over $7000. The Angel plays 25 different Christmas carols and is trimmed with 14K gold.

I collect sneakers, fitted new eras and watches. I mean theres probably other things I subconsciously collect but those three are what comes to mind. I also want to start collecting coins, I like to go to auctions with my dad when they happen.

I have no idea how many pairs of sneakers I have, nor do I feel the need to count lol. I think I really just like to collect stuff...

anime. I am an insane anime freak and I have hundreds of anime dvds. I watch thousands of anime.

anime. I am an insane anime freak and I have hundreds of anime dvds. I watch thousands of anime.
so u most know 'Death Note' yeah?... thats a good one i think..... i dont know much about anime but bleach was ok... very long tho! theres another one which i liked forgot the name tho.... its has a black ball called Gantz...(ring anybell?)...
im not really the sailor-moon, love hina type of girl... i prefer watching those guys thing, altho 'lovely complex' was sweet.....:lol:

my grandmother has a really expensive collection. she collects wines....cognac... whisky, those oldies stuff i dun really know much about it.
XO, Henessy and things...Luoise 13 (how ever u spell it)... that bottle alone is like nearly 2k AUD for the big one she has several in smaller versions too, appearently the topper of that bottle is very expensive, u can sell it for hundereds... she gave me an empty bottle lst yr for my bday and i thought... what the hell?????
then after my dad told me so i was like ....cool!

I used to collect different things when I was young such as books, troll dolls, bookmarks, keychains, lipsmackers, coins, pins, lego and earrings.

Now sometimes I'd collect ty beanie babies. Also DVDs

Whenever I go to a country I have not been before I'd make sure to buy a small flag for my collection.

Recently started collecting ALF stuff. Got an ALF doll in its box -minted condition.

Maybe my next collection will be Diamond jewellery :lol:

When I was a little girl, I collected unicorns. My unicorn collection is at my mom's. When my daughter was born, I collected antique teddy bears but have stopped since. Still have the collection on display. Now, I collect candles but I use them all up. I think my next collection is Cardinals stuff. Money just really sucks now to really start or keep up with a collection.

I collect HATS! I am a very avid fan of anything that will fit my head. And I specialize in unique hats; anything that's wonky or cute or whatever.
I also collect books and...paper. Any kind of paper so long as I can scribble or doodle on it. Oh, and knitting needles/ crochet hooks! :D

I used to collect video games, but that sort of got thrown out the window when college started and large, overbearing masses of work and papers started to attack me.

I have many lists of collects in my life.

When I was little girl. My collect was Barbie, Pink stuff, rainbow Brites, Care Bears, My little ponies, strawberry shortcake, Cabbage Patch, pink and hot blue cranyons

I was teen and collect was Peace sign, Yang ying, Gelly pens, patches on backpack, stickers, froggy peace, butterflies, dragonfly, tie dye, grateful dead bears, rainbow, hippies stuff, leopard, beads, and jewelry

My present time collect is still butterflies, froggy, peace sign, pink stuff, roxy, camo, rooster, freak beads, jewelry stuff, arts stuff, crafts stuff, zebra, wicked metal on walls, digital photography on walls, art gallery on wall, scent candles, pottery, flowers, sun, tins, bottle lids, shells, stone & gems and more.

I am down to earth!!! I'm damn kool chic!

My least favorite people's collects are skull, devil, horror, zombie and ugly stuff.

Last edited:
I used to collect old books. Not anymore but the attic is full of them. I told the wife if I drop dead don't give them away because some of them might be worth something! I checked out one recently and it was worth about 500 dollars. But, that is the exception I think.
Also chess sets, but I flogged them recently on ebay.

I collect sneakers, fitted new eras and watches. I mean theres probably other things I subconsciously collect but those three are what comes to mind. I also want to start collecting coins, I like to go to auctions with my dad when they happen.

I have no idea how many pairs of sneakers I have, nor do I feel the need to count lol. I think I really just like to collect stuff...
I know someone who collects Air Jordans. Last time I saw his collection, he had Air Jordans that were... pink, orange, yellow, light blue, black, white, red/green, purple, brown, etc... for some Air Jordan contest he participated in. :shock:

I don't collect things constantly, just from time to time.

I collect coins that are unique or different from the norm. For instance, I collect old wheat pennies, bicentennial quarters, state quarter (I recently completed it 100% a couple days ago), half dollars, whole dollars, $2 bills, foreign coins, etc. I don't go running around and try looking for these coins. I just save them when I come upon them from change or finding them somewhere. :)

I don't know if this falls under a collection, but I have been gathering all of my maternal grandfather's and his father's poetry and sermons from Aussieland. Great Grandfather's poetry tells of a lot of the history for Aussieland and is beautiful. I am getting them from family in Aussieland as well as uncles here in the states. I have, so far, collected somewhere near 50,000 different pieces from both men.

Used to collect baseball/basketball cards. Have a bagillion that just take up space. Then collected pins for few years; mostly disney and olympic pins.

Now I just buy a lot of jersies and hats

Back