Do you ever get the feeling you were meant to do something extraordinary?

Am I a newbie? :shock:

...NOT.

Unfortunately, my destiny hasn't gotten to me ....yet

Neither did I, but it's a feeling that some of us were meant to be. There are times I get this feeling and it felt so great and unimaginable. What about you Jacob? Do you ever get the feeling sometime? Have you ever thought about it?

Neither did I, but it's a feeling that some of us were meant to be. There are times I get this feeling and it felt so great and unimaginable. What about you Jacob? Do you ever get the feeling sometime? Have you ever thought about it?

oh, of course, nathan. I surely do think about the feeling what I would have done, sometimes, I can be stuck on many options.

:bump: Now because of a job I got a purpose. To helps others with my job in the deaf community.

It would want to occur within myself, but Australia is too far, wouldn't it?

Just post whatever you want to say since this is opened mind but stay on topic, it doesn't matter where you live or where you came from...

i ended up switching majors several times. i changed from journalism to mass communication to advertising to medical transcription to education to social work (due to my progressive hearing loss). i'm so glad this happened because i absolutely *love* the field of social work and think it's perfect for me. i love helping others and the social work field opens up alot of opportunities for me to work with a diverse group of people. i'd love to go into medical social work to work with patients who are just being released from the hospital for physical therapy, rehabilitation or mental health services. i know it's my calling. it has been a long wait to reach this point, but definitely worth it. :)

I don't think i'm meant to do something extraodinary but never know what the future brings!

I feel the term "extraordinary" is relative to the eye of the beholder. For some of us, extraordinary is to graduate high school, to the next person it could mean achievent of a particular goal in income. That being said, Nathan, I do commend you on this topic choice. It can be a thought provacative and goal inspiring word for us all to consider.

I have many a time pondered on the topic on what my purpose on earth is. YES, it is to be extraordinary, and nothing less. It is not used in a boastful manner, but one of reverence. If I do not apply my faculties and passion toward service of people, I shall not be included as extraordinary to myself. Service to others by way of any means directed, is extraordinary. In personal life I have been exhorted to be extraordinary to my family. They have given so much love and support to me, anything less than unconditional love and service in return, is quite unacceptable to myself. Professionally, I feel of great accountability to serve those I care for at the hospital. To treat them with respect, kindness, nonjudgemental, and entire focus of my mind, is my duty to my profession which I love so dearly. To all those in All Deaf whom I have had the priviledge of knowing, and aquiring of even the most casual of friendships, I thank you. I shall do what I can to further enhance and continue those friendship via honesty, integrity, and love.

I love the extraordinary. I want my life to mean something ...

I mean, face it, if you have a nice car, a big house, a fat wallet, or any thing like that, you want to know who cares? Only you. Nobody else. Really living means living for other people.

If my opinion, if my life ever gets too comfortable or easy, I need to get moving. Life should be lived so that each day is an adventure. That's why God is so great ... He gives us a will to live, and to DREAM BIG!

Would entertaining the world be a big enough dream? I want more than just the local poultry plant - I know there's more out there.

Ive always been a dreamer, but a lifelong run of bad luck and bad choices has kept my feet on the ground.

I tell myself daily to not make any promises, and never live with a single regret. It's the only way I've made it thus far. If I had made any promises, I would have broken them, if I had regretted a single thing Ive done, I would be miserable.

Although I admit Im not completely 100% happy as I long for something more, but until I find it, I doubt this void would ever be filled. Its a strange state of being, I know, but it's how I've lived for the last 5 years, especially after my failed marriage.

Dixie, the common saying goes - if you strive for it, you'll get it. I'm sure you can do it. What form of entertainment do you plan on doing?

I've a favorite song for this nostalgic feeling of extraordinariness.

I feel so extraordinary
Something's got a hold on me
I get this feeling I'm in motion
A sudden sense of liberty
I don't care 'cause I'm not there
And I don't care if I'm here tomorrow
Again and again I've taken too much
Of the things that cost you too much

I used to think that the day would never come
I'd see delight in the shade of the morning sun
My morning sun is the drug that brings me near
To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear
That my life would depend on the morning sun...

When I was a very small boy,
Very small boys talked to me
Now that we've grown up together
They're afraid of what they see
That's the price that we all pay
And the value of destiny comes to nothing
I can't tell you where we're going
I guess there was just no way of knowing

I feel so extraordinary
Something's got a hold on me
I get this feeling I'm in motion
A sudden sense of liberty
The chances are we've gone too far
You took my time and you took my money
Now I fear you've left me standing
In a world that's so demanding

New Order - True Faith
Been listening to this since forever, and everytime I hear it I always feel like I can do something.

There's a youtube MV on the song, and interestingly enough it has ASL in it too.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1HAkjOuL0[/ame]

Personal case, I grew up around computers since 2nd grade (almost 18 years) and always thought I was going to pursue some tech support/IT computer company job. Once I got into a software company in '06, I found I had so much distaste for the job overall (not the coworkers) that I ended up quitting in '08.

Now I am pursuing a major of microbiology and eventually mastering in something else. I had a sudden intuitive to make this leap because it felt like I was really wanting to do this for a long time.

Last edited:
I have a huge love for music and I wish I could sing. Ive been told I have a good rich voice and I did a solo once, I loved it, but I've never been able to go back to the microphone.

If I could I would take voice lessons to learn to sing, to learn what my tones and keys are and whatnot. But due to the fact that I am completely deaf in my left ear I feel like this would be a difficult thing to pursue, as if it werent difficult enough even if I had 100% of my hearing.

I sing at work and they love it, although it likely sounds different in a poultry plant than what it would in a studio.

As a single parent this is just a hard thing to even consider. My parents would laugh me off, they are very grounded folks.

I would also love to do comedy - it seems like Im always making someone smile whether Im at work, school, or at church.

Sounds strange, but Im like this ex-freakish kid thats come into adulthoold as a complete goofball.

Back