Do you ever get the feeling you were meant to do something extraordinary?

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
Topic
Oh well, we all have something special in all of us and a purpose...

I was in med' school but something kept nudging me that the profession was not what I was meant to do.

So I dropped out and became a teacher. What job is more extraordinary than the job that affects and shapes our young people to prepare them for the world? ;)

I was in med' school but something kept nudging me that the profession was not what I was meant to do.

So I dropped out and became a teacher. What job is more extraordinary than the job that affects and shapes our young people to prepare them for the world? ;)

Well done, well said. Keep it up people.
Nothing is more extraordinary than life itself. In my view, I wanted to help people, to change the world, to make the world a better place. I once saved a person's life and all I get is a "Thank you" which truely hit me and I'm very graceful. Sometime we were meant to do something greater.

I can relate to you. I always wanted to be a cardiologist since the 5th grade. I was studying Biology in college hoping to get into med school one day. But i discontunued my studies and now i'm ready to go back to school.
While i'm not in school now, I had to find a way to bring in income, but it is almost imposible. I haven't been able to get a job yet, simply because of discrimination. it's very difficult to go thru this.
I thought about the other people who are disadvantaged in this country. I have seen them, many are kept at home away from society or working manual jobs with no education whatsoever. They depend on their families for shelter, food and clothing. they will not be able to support themseleves.
Then I realize, someone has to educate these people. There are not many special eduaction teachers in the bahamas and the bahamas government recently passed the disabled education law 2 years ago but there are still no disabled act.
I feel it's my duty to do something about this. I must make a change for equality. So I have decided to major in Special Education with Social Work and learn sign language. I feel strongly about this decision. Might not be the best paycheck but it's meaningful work and it has a purpose.

Topic
Oh well, we all have something special in all of us and a purpose...

we have something special in all of us and a purpose to help other. I dont know if my path might change. At moment, my plan is to be teacher and help other people and volunteer.

we have something special in all of us and a purpose to help other. I dont know if my path might change. At moment, my plan is to be teacher and help other people and volunteer.

There's a old saying "Never plan the future, the future plans for you" It's destiny. Destiny decides.

Iv always felt that I should be one of those celebrities that uses their status to help those in need in the US and across the globe. Like if I were Ellen I would go to the rural areas in my state and help those in need obtain basic things like a trip to the doctor to renew a prescription for some much needed medication, or help someone get dental work done, or go buy a month's worth of food for a single mom and her three kids and the mom is working two jobs just to make ends meet.

Or I would send medical supplies and food to orphanages in Africa and start schools in remote places where an education is a luxury.

I love animals and have a way of connecting to them since I was a little girl. I always try to encourage people to adopt dogs & rescues that need a home. Another thing is photography & arts. Even though I have a full time job...I won't give up my dream of being a photographer.

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.~Ansel Adams

I love animals and have a way of connecting to them since I was a little girl. I always try to encourage people to adopt dogs & rescues that need a home. Another thing is photography & arts. Even though I have a full time job...I won't give up my dream of being a photographer.

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.~Ansel Adams

Nice dream and Joy welcome to alldeaf.

I just wish my destiny would read - you're gonna be rich and famous! :lol:

so far it only says - your' too ordinary, your'e gonna be poor and anonymous!

I just wish my destiny would read - you're gonna be rich and famous! :lol:

so far it only says - your' too ordinary, your'e gonna be poor and anonymous!

lol. i feel i'm destined to be rich and anonymous - to use the money to fund the cause.

I think we all have the potential to do something extraordinary. It's all in the process of what we choose to do with ourselves, IMO.

Ok people, let me repeat, it's not about what you do, it's about who you are.

Am I a newbie? :shock:

...NOT.

Unfortunately, my destiny hasn't gotten to me ....yet

Back