Do you ever get made fun of because you have pale skin?

Mintee

Reaction score
everyone on my dad's side of family is VERYYY tan and all my friends have dark skin too. i constantly get picked on by them because i'm white as casper the ghost.. they always tell me to go use a tanning bed.. but i would never do that because i don't want to get wrinkles later in life and i also don't want to get skin cancer.

it amazes me how some black people (not all) want to go lighter while some caucasian people want to look darker. please love whatever skin color you're in.. people look their best with their natural skin colors.

i find every skin color beautiful :)

everyone on my dad's side of family is VERYYY tan and all my friends have dark skin too. i constantly get picked on by them because i'm white as casper the ghost.. they always tell me to go use a tanning bed.. but i would never do that because i don't want to get wrinkles later in life and i also don't want to get skin cancer.

it amazes me how some black people (not all) want to go lighter while some caucasian people want to look darker. please love whatever skin color you're in.. people look their best with their natural skin colors.

^^

I dont get fun of.. My mom tells me to use sunscreen... I'm not that pale but hey.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I got tan because I work outside a lot. My gf has pale skin on her legs and body. Not easy to get tan. Its no big deal, really. She saw a couple in Florida with VERY pale skin almost like white!

My mom keeps telling me to use sunblock when going outside. I have tons of freckles.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Beach girl said:
If you're a red-headed man, the largest sperm bank in the world does not want your sperm. Very little demand for the fair-skinned ones!

My red-headed husband felt quite perturbed. Not that he was going to be donating sperm any time soon, you understand.

World's biggest sperm bank, Cryos, tells redheads: We don't want your semen

Hmm is it because they think world will get hotter? I'm a redhead but I could care less because we got enough people on this planet.

I was very pale skinned with blonde/blue...instead of tanning I burned up....but when I moved to the Beach for 5 years, I became very, very tanned and loved it...

However, with 2 episodes of skin cancer on my arm...I avoid the sun now as much as possible. If you want to looked tanned, why not try the Sunless Tanning Lotion, there are a number of good ones on the market. Also some makeup a little darker than ur natural skin color. Otherwise, use sun block, it's a wise decision.

Your famliy does not know what they're talking about! People with very fair skin do tan very good , they get sunburns! My younger sister has fair skin and she can't get a tan , I can tan , but I never made fun for a person for the color of their skin. Tell your famliy and friends to grow up , there are more importance things to worry about than having a tan!

I get called Casper as kid / teen lol. Whiter than white here. Chicken skin.

I tried so hard to avoid the sun but i cant of bringing my kids to beach or sports. I rather be a pale because i think pale looks so beautiful. dont look me like im some wacko.

my relatives call me yellow because i am that golden stage between black and white

It's funny you said that, because my family has such a beautiful color range; light to medium to dark. Im the lightest in my immediate family, and wish I was slightly darker like everyone else. I love the way their skin looks, especially my father's; its so beautiful. We all have a glow but their skin is amazing. I usually hate the summer because its hot, but love it because my skin tans. I'm guilty of purposely not putting on sun block just to get darker.

If you're a red-headed man, the largest sperm bank in the world does not want your sperm. Very little demand for the fair-skinned ones!

My red-headed husband felt quite perturbed. Not that he was going to be donating sperm any time soon, you understand.

World's biggest sperm bank, Cryos, tells redheads: We don't want your semen

The demand for red hair is low because the company's largest customer base are in countries with very few red-heads.

He said sperm from donors with brown hair and brown eyes was particularly in demand, because of the bank’s large customer base in Spain, Italy and Greece.

Cryos International turns down redheads | EUTimes.net

I'm partial to girls with freckles and red hair! :giggle:

Skin color does not matter to me, its all about the personality. :wave:

I tried so hard to avoid the sun but i cant of bringing my kids to beach or sports. I rather be a pale because i think pale looks so beautiful. dont look me like im some wacko.

that's awesome you like your natural skin tone!! i don't mind being pale too :)

Well, I know there is an ADer that trumpets a PhD that goes around claiming people with pale skin have special privileges. Whatever that means :dunno:

Well, I know there is an ADer that trumpets a PhD that goes around claiming people with pale skin have special privileges. Whatever that means :dunno:

It's obvious to all that you are referring to me, and since you have obviously put it out of your consciousness again, there is a social consequence in the United States known as white priviledge. Most people with even a slight understanding of ethnicities and societies accept that it exists. It seem the only ones that argue against it are the ones that go along every day of their life basking in it's glow unconcsiously.

Back