Do you ever get made fun of because you have pale skin?

Nah. I did when I was little, but only because of the freckles on the fish belly white skin under the red hair, with buck teeth and knock knees and pigeon toes. Sounds cute eh?
No one else in my family has freckles, cousins, aunts or uncles. So fair game!

You have no uncles and aunts and cousins? Me either!

Both of my parents are only children. I have mentioned my mother's cousin Barbra in some of my posts. She's also my cousin once removed if I have my genology straight. Barbra is the daughter of my great aunt Ruth. Aunt Ruth was the sister of my grandmother Price.

You guys ought to see me standing in the middle of my dark skinned family!:laugh2: (I have no pigment left as the result of an autoimmune disorder called vitiligo).

You guys ought to see me standing in the middle of my dark skinned family!:laugh2: (I have no pigment left as the result of an autoimmune disorder called vitiligo).

I remember seeing a picture of you and thinking you don't exactly look white to me even if you are fair skinned.

I remember seeing a picture of you and thinking you don't exactly look white to me even if you are fair skinned.

That's funny. When I was at the conference last week, three of us were sitting around discussing how ethnicity and culture has to be taken into consideration when making treatment recommendations. The white girl in the group asked what ethnicity we were and how we brought it to our treatment styles. When I revealed my race, the white girl's mouth fell open, and she said, "Really?" The Black girl goes, "I don't have a problem believing that at all.":giggle:

That's funny. When I was at the conference last week, three of us were sitting around discussing how ethnicity and culture has to be taken into consideration when making treatment recommendations. The white girl in the group asked what ethnicity we were and how we brought it to our treatment styles. When I revealed my race, the white girl's mouth fell open, and she said, "Really?" The Black girl goes, "I don't have a problem believing that at all.":giggle:

:lol: That's funny.

One of my terps had coloring quite similar to you and she had a bout of skin cancer at age 35 and now she warns people to stay out of the sun. I'm quite pale and I like it that way. I've never had anyone make fun of me for being pale so I'm a bit surprised at the OP's post.

My little sister used tan a lot while she was younger and she looks older than me. She's blond but with hazel eyes.

we have the same skin color.

it's funny because i'm always surrounded by people who are way darker than me..so i guess you could say i'm the black sheep (or should i say white sheep :giggle: )

we have the same skin color.

it's funny because i'm always surrounded by people who are way darker than me..so i guess you could say i'm the black sheep (or should i say white sheep :giggle: )

heh, you're the white sheep. :giggle:

I have never had pale skin in my life. My mother was always fair skinned and pale, but now, like Jillio, She is whiter than white. Mom has Vitaligo as well. Even her hair has lot it's pigment and is white. Not grey or silver, but totally white. Will not hold hair color at all.

My oldest brother inherited my mother's fair skin and had been called mozzarella boy for as long as I can remember when we were growing up. My son has very fair skin also. It doesn't bother him and when people mention it, he comes back with "And, your point is what?"

No, that's not me in my avatar. That's Darren Hayes.

I would only dream to look just half as good as he does. (But I'm a woman, I'm thinking that woman with a beard is just well, erm, nasty)

This is me:
71677_10150109211378275_762273274_7667330_7375364_n.jpg

Bi-racial...Black and Jewish, with a touch of caucasion thrown in somewhere.

My daughter is Black and Jewish too. When I moved back east with my daughter it was horrible for her! She had one teacher I was taking to and she said something about my daughter being Italian and I was like HUH ? The teacher said my daughter had long eyelashes like an Italian.
Some Jewish people are Caucasian , I am .

My daughter is Black and Jewish too. When I moved back east with my daughter it was horrible for her! She had one teacher I was taking to and she said something about my daughter being Italian and I was like HUH ? The teacher said my daughter had long eyelashes like an Italian.
Some Jewish people are Caucasian , I am .

You are correct. Some Jewish people are Caucasion...those who have converted to the religion, for example. I was refering to Jewish as an ethnicity, not a religious persuasion.

You are correct. Some Jewish people are Caucasion...those who have converted to the religion, for example. I was refering to Jewish as an ethnicity, not a religious persuasion.

For a long time, I thought all Jews were white till I met a co-worker who was a Black Jew who was from England many years ago.

Back