Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
=DreamSlayer]Image of God - There is a big differernce between a photo of me, and me. There is a big difference of a scan of me, and me. There is a big difference between any image of me, and myself. The image, is NOT me. although we are images of God, (I reitterate) we are not God. We are spiritual beings, like God. We have some authority, God also has authority, but his is supreme. Even in death I will not have the same power as God, and even if I did, I haven't existed for all eternity, as God has. I am very different from God. God did not have to work his way up a ladder, as you claim we can do. Which also is a difference between yourself, and your god.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

what is likeness means? It's mean SIMILARITY.

Serpent in Eden - It's not a snake. It was a serpent. Did it speak? no of course not, but satan did. Can angles talk? yes. Can Angels or Demons use vessels to speak? yes.

In dictioary, it means
1 a archaic : a noxious creature that creeps, hisses, or stings b : SNAKE
2 : DEVIL 1
3 : a treacherous person

Angels and Demon are both diffierent spirit messages, not real physical beings

The Fall of Adam and Eve - Satan tempted Eve. Satan did not make her eat it. It was her choice. She knew not to eat it. She spent all that time in the garden looking at it. She could have even played with it. The only thing she couldn't do was eat it. Satan said, "that's not true, you CAN eat it." she chose to believe satan, instead of God. She chose to follow the advice of someone she just met instead of her creator. She chose to say "I don't believe what God has said, I think I can eat it." and she did. She basically called God a liar. Adam did it to. He knew exactly what fruit he was eating. but when God came to them they tried to pass the blame. Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the serpent. All were punished.

Obviously, Eve have no knowledge between GOOD(god) and BAD(devil) and They never met them before and they are blame for eat it. it aint make no sense!

Why did God put the tree there in the first place? if it hadn't been there, they could have been happy for ever. True love is a choice. If the tree hadn't been in the garden, then Adam and Eve would not have had the choice to show their love for God, by choosing to follow his word, and trust him. The tree was there, to give them 'Choice'.

That sound like God play with adam/eve's soul? God dont play the game to them. that is cruel!

God believe adam and eve as good people. God created them as his children.

Mythology - I may not understand Roman mythology fully, but I have some knowledge of Greek. However when it comes to Egyptian, I have fully read "the book of the Dead" I own a translation. I understand the relationship between Osiris, Isis, Nephsis, Seth, Anubis, and Horus. I understand the role Ma'at played in judgement. I understand the role of Thoth. I know the legend of the death and seperation of Osiris parts, and his resurection.

Learn everyday, kept going. smile.

Love - it was you who claimed to believe in an all loving God. Forgiveness is not something you can give yourself. If 'sin' is an act towards another individual (as you claimed), then I don't understand how you have the power to forgive yourself for hurting someone else. It's like stealing from someone, and then deciding how much to repay. Is that really your choice?

Sin is not do something badly, but Sin is afraid to it. We are bad label as sin. That is very low! We teach oursevles as good person and do good.
We must even go through the vengeance and anger, and, sometimes as crazy as it sounds, the hatred, to get to the other side of it to be able to tolerate it. Do not push. If somebody hurts you real bad, like a woman I saw the other day whose husband just raked her over the coals, left her destitute almost like a bag lady with two children, and took off with another woman -

The minister of her church said, "You have to be kind and love him."

I would have gone out with a ball bat, but I said, "Of course, you cannot. You have got to work through these negative feelings, and you have got to get to the other side of it."

She said, "I want him dead."

I said, "Of course, you do, not that he is going to die because you want him that way. What kind of power would you have?"

We are afraid of our emotions, don't you see? We have become a group of "androids." If we are not supposed to have any emotions, no feelings, then we get cancer. That is what causes cancer. Why did God put anger and righteousness and everything else there? Why, because the flesh is supposed to be weak? No, no way. The flesh is only weak because of the gravitational pull, and because we are not in our life element.

LUNZ

Personally, I don't think you understand the Bible.

Genesis 3:1 Now the Serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made."

Crafty means, subtle, smooth, cunning.

Genesis 3:14 "So the Lord God said to the serpent, 'Because you have done this, Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and eat dust all the days of your life..'"

The serpent was not a snake before he tempted Eve. He stood upright.

The Hebrew word 'Nachash' translates to serpent ,to hiss, whisper, prognosticate; foretell, predict, foreknowledge, literally "to know before"; a presage or omen; i.e. a magician or sorcerer; an enchanter, or one who "cants" (chants as to hypnotize), "to hiss like a snake"

In other words, the serpent was not your average ordinary reptile.

Ginette said:
LUNZ

Personally, I don't think you understand the Bible.

Genesis 3:1 Now the Serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made."

Crafty means, subtle, smooth, cunning.

Genesis 3:14 "So the Lord God said to the serpent, 'Because you have done this, Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and eat dust all the days of your life..'"

The serpent was not a snake before he tempted Eve. He stood upright.

The Hebrew word 'Nachash' translates to serpent ,to hiss, whisper, prognosticate; foretell, predict, foreknowledge, literally "to know before"; a presage or omen; i.e. a magician or sorcerer; an enchanter, or one who "cants" (chants as to hypnotize), "to hiss like a snake"

In other words, the serpent was not your average ordinary reptile.

To me, mythologically coded scriptures.

The Septuagint was written by Hellenized Jews. These were Jewish people who migrated to places such as Alexandria Egypt and Greece and came under the influence of the Greek culture including the mythological ways of teaching.

Philo was a Jewish philosopher who had much to do with the Greek Biblical formation. Much of his work can be found in the New Testament and attributed to others . You can find much on the web about Philo and his heavy influence in both the Old and New Testaments.

therefore, SNAKES DON'T TALK! Tiger don't talk. Monkey don't talk.

unless you understand mythology first, then you understand bible.
Research yourself and Good luck.

Adam and Eve Were created. Were created good, and perfect. Had free choice, but to have choice you need options. If there was nothing in the garden to choose between, then there is no choice. God wasn't playing with them. He was given them the opportunity to love him freely. The opportunity to disobey God had to exist, or God would be forcing us to only do God, and not choose.

Knowledge of Good and Evil didn't need to exist for Eve to do Evil. Ignorance doesn't mean it's not wrong, and She wasn't Ignorant. She knew she was not supposed to eat from the tree. It was her choice. She was warned, and had to pay the consequences. This story is about Grace also, for God allowed Adam and Eve to eventually die. If he didn't, they would have been seperated forever.

Feelings and Cancer? We are supposed to have feelings. Feelings aren't sin. The Bible at no time says "Do not be angry", "Do not be sad" etc etc. Jesus was Angry. He tore through a temple flipping tables. Emotions are perfectly fine. Sin is always an "act". You choose to murder, you choose to commit adultery, you choose to steal, you choose to disrespect your parents, you choose who you worship. It's jealousy, envy and covetousness that are a little different. But those have to do with desire for something, and that can also be controlled.

Flesh is weak? Most of my flesh desires instant gratification. I'm thirsty, it wants water; I'm hungry, it want's food; I'm tired, it needs sleep; I'm sexually aroused, it wants pleasure. The flesh is weak cause it can become addicted, and some people give into over indulging in physical pleasures. Obeisity, Alcoholism, Drugs, Sex, Vanity. The Flesh is weak when it comes to self control, I could get stats about these things, but take a look around at society, it's just obvious.

Serpent you listed the dictionary definition to prove.. what exactly? that it could have meant snake? I would agree, that snakes don't talk. However, the Bible states several times that Satan is a personal being, and can speak (reference: satan temps Jesus in the desert). That was the second deffinition in your defintion : Devil

Similarity I agree that we are made similar to God. But similar, doesn't refer to Being the same. Human beings will never be EQUAL to God. The Bible clearly states that 1. We were created with purpose and importance and authority. and 2. We were created lower than the heavenly hosts (I don't have my Bible, I will find that referene if you wish). just a little lower.

=DreamSlayer]Adam and Eve Were created. Were created good, and perfect. Had free choice, but to have choice you need options. If there was nothing in the garden to choose between, then there is no choice. God wasn't playing with them. He was given them the opportunity to love him freely. The opportunity to disobey God had to exist, or God would be forcing us to only do God, and not choose.

If God almighty did not want Adam and Eve to eat the fruit he shouldn’t have put it there in the garden in the first place. Who let the serpent in? If the glory of almighty God is knowledge then why would God tell them not to partake of the fruit from the tree of knowledge? Is evil just a harsh word for obstacle? Think youself always and ask yourself. Think!

Knowledge of Good and Evil didn't need to exist for Eve to do Evil. Ignorance doesn't mean it's not wrong, and She wasn't Ignorant. She knew she was not supposed to eat from the tree. It was her choice. She was warned, and had to pay the consequences. This story is about Grace also, for God allowed Adam and Eve to eventually die. If he didn't, they would have been seperated forever.

She is ignorant because Eve never met God or serpent before she can't be to blame herself. if she met God before and familiar with God's background then she probably listen God than serpernt, but she dont. That's her very first little mistake and everything is change. God gave us as bad name "sinner". That is false conpect. Come on! i dont buy it. Eve isnt responibilies for that. God does, cuz God created the tree of earth, not Eve.
Feelings and Cancer? We are supposed to have feelings. Feelings aren't sin. The Bible at no time says "Do not be angry", "Do not be sad" etc etc. Jesus was Angry. He tore through a temple flipping tables. Emotions are perfectly fine. Sin is always an "act". You choose to murder, you choose to commit adultery, you choose to steal, you choose to disrespect your parents, you choose who you worship. It's jealousy, envy and covetousness that are a little different. But those have to do with desire for something, and that can also be controlled.

Jesus was anger
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luke 6:46

is that grace from lord's word?

Emotions are weak as pain, joy, cryin and happy and fear- up and down and so on.

Knowledge is very power. It's programmed to control itself. Life is intended as a school for the soul where each of us plans out the lessons we need in order to become a better person. In addition, the world is a place for God to experience all knowledge firsthand. Each person makes a contract with God to experience certain facets of life, as though we are the reporters and God, the Editor. This way a person gains perfection for their soul, and God gains the direct experience of that knowledge.
You may wonder, 'If life is for learning, why is it so hard at times?' Simply put, through adversity we can test the strength of our soul. The pain of life allows us to really know what it means to be a good and spiritual person.

Flesh is weak? Most of my flesh desires instant gratification. I'm thirsty, it wants water; I'm hungry, it want's food; I'm tired, it needs sleep; I'm sexually aroused, it wants pleasure. The flesh is weak cause it can become addicted, and some people give into over indulging in physical pleasures. Obeisity, Alcoholism, Drugs, Sex, Vanity. The Flesh is weak when it comes to self control, I could get stats about these things, but take a look around at society, it's just obvious.

Flesh is not weak.

To this day doctors do not know what makes the heart beat. The physiological system is the most magnificent machine in the world. Try any other machine that goes on beating for forty, fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty years. Try to get a pump that pumps as much as the heart does day in and day out, a thousand times more harsh than even a piston in a car; and we know how long they last.

thats different.

Serpent you listed the dictionary definition to prove.. what exactly? that it could have meant snake? I would agree, that snakes don't talk. However, the Bible states several times that Satan is a personal being, and can speak (reference: satan temps Jesus in the desert). That was the second deffinition in your defintion : Devil

I always said the Bible is the biggest child’s story ever written by man.
i dont believe in Satan or devil. Thats what your Religious(church) teach you and feed you and brainwash you. i dont fear God. God is love and protest us, anyway.

Similarity I agree that we are made similar to God. But similar, doesn't refer to Being the same. Human beings will never be EQUAL to God. The Bible clearly states that 1. We were created with purpose and importance and authority. and 2. We were created lower than the heavenly hosts (I don't have my Bible, I will find that referene if you wish). just a little lower.

We have been programmed that there is a separation between God and Man and that there is no way man can become worthy of knowing the secrets of God, Why can’t he? Even Jesus stated that we are Gods in the 10th chapter of John 34 through 36

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

After all we have always been told that we are all offspring of God.

So this means that we are all capable of looking at things with a God like perspective. This would mean that we are to learn tolerance and unconditional love. We are to learn wisdom and courage. Once that is done we will see the curtain part, the veil dissolve, and we will learn that we can find our origins. That will lead us to what we have metaphorically called "home."

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these.

:Owned:

Why does Moses have horns ?
moses.gif

Statue of Moses at the Vatican

06612r.jpg

CREATED/PUBLISHED: [between ca. 1890 and ca. 1900].

NOTES:Title from the Detroit Publishing Co., Catalogue J--foreign section, Detroit, Mich. : Detroit Publishing Company, 1905.

Print no. "6777".

Forms part of: Views of architecture and other sites in Italy in the Photochrom print collection.

FORMAT:Photochrom prints Color 1890-1900.

PART OF: Views of architecture and other sites in Italy

REPOSITORY: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA

:nana:

Did you know that some popes worship Satan inside the walls of Vatican ?

illustrator said:
umm..it's hoax.

No, it’s not a hoax—I remember one of my professors discussing it in an art history class. I can’t remember what the deal was, but there’s a reason why biblical deities are portrayed with horns in some works of art. I’ll Google it and see if I can come up with something.

Thank to Eve that we are here! :laugh2:

Anyway, I think God put this tree of knowledge so we can decide if we want to exist here for exploring our nature or nothing. Eve has decided for US!! Thank to Eve that we are here and able to explore our nature. It is very exciting and intriguing. It has nothing do with orginal sin. Church and Christianity have made up such stupid imagination or interpretation (Sorry).

You do not need to moan why Eve did choose it. Without Eve we are nothing like empty! ;)

CyberRed said:

Really? where is the link so i can look up? do u?

CyberRed said:
Yeah! If only I had time to fly over there and join him! :twisted:

Warning: Very radical post, I spoke up from my thoughts and facts so please don't offend by my post. Believe me, I don't want to offend any one of you. Thanks.

LUNZ said:
the holy bible is similar with santa claus, easter bunny, and fairy tooth. religious is a tool of control with fear and guilt. the bible is very hidden information. Gov't owned by reglious.
Or Ronald McDonald ;) no sir, that isn't a joke. Look at numbers and numbers of McDonalds anywhere on this earth. Perhaps 1,000-3,000 years later.. assuming that humanity still exists on this earth (it would be surprising because of their non-existing common sense and brainless violence), people will wonder why during our time set up many "monument" (McDonald's yellow "M" symbol) and they surely will wonder if we worshiped Ronald McDonald as "God".

See where I went with? I believe that's how religions like Christianity, Catholic, Mormons and etc started with in the past. Ok, I know that this part would offend some believers around here but I did not say you are wrong to believe, but it is wrong for me to believe in any kind of religions. Nothing more or less than that. So please do respect me and my beliefs as much as I do for yours. (Will explain more below). I was a christian in the past but not longer because once I found the truths about bibles, religious, and other things that made me sick for what I believe in so I abandoned my old beliefs and seek for different thing to believe in.

To my answer to this topic is: yes and no. Yes means I do believe in Creator whose created this multi-universes, multi-dimensions, multi-species, etc etc but I don't believe in Bible's "God".

There are several reasons why I don't believe in bible or bible's "God" at all, allow me to post one examples that I coped directly from the bible:

Genesis 19:1 - 19:8
The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down wit his fis face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."
But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. Before the had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom -- both young and old -- surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."
See? Would you think that I would believe in bible with statement like that? I rather to kill these madmen if they order me to throw my daughters than throwing my daughters out to madmen and allow them rape and kill them.

That isn't only one but several more in the bible, I decided to confront some priests about it and they won't listen or kept denying or ignore what I showed this to them. I refused to believe in the bible which encourages men to oppressing women, daughters, wife, etc.. I don't think "God" or rather Creator would allow that if he is "love" like you people said. Bible's statements repeatly revealed that it encourage men to oppress women like that, if you don't mind to being oppress by men then be my guest but I am NOT going to allow it happen to my future wife, my future daughters, cousins, etc.

I suggest you to read another example in the bible: Judges 19:1 - 19:30, same oppressing women situation but worse.

I wonder if do you know that there are numbers and numbers of evidences, researches and more point out that Bible has been altered at least 30 times, also few evidences mentioned that one of scriptures was wrote by Shakespeare in the bible (no I am not joking). Can you imagine what kind of bible would people believe in? Scary thoughts for me to wonder about.

LUNZ, you seem are a radical person, I have to praise you for that. No, I am not being sarcastic... I think you know more than you let on. If you are interesting to know more truths about bible, religions and bible's "God", I strongly recommend you to read the books wrote by:

David Icke (Famous british journalist who is only one can make Queen Elizabeth quiver or pee on herself however he made shocking reveals about bible, adam & eve's origins, human ancestors and more),
Graham Hancock (honored and well-know american archaeologist which world-wide historians start to use the facts based on his works)
Zecharia Sitchin (Other honored and well-know archaeologist who can read and translated Sumerian Tablets [the oldest artifact on the earth that reveals our or human's origins] be sure to read his books, "Earth Chronicles" for more informations about Sumerian Tablets)
Several authors, I will have to look thru the books to get the author names. Also my apologize if I assume wrong about you.

however like I said before, I was a christian but not longer.. I am one of people who believes in nature and nature laws. I get along very well with my date who is christian and she is reading the books that I recommended, she starts to question her beliefs in christianity as of lately. I could explain more but I think this post is quite long so I hold back and post in next time.

--------------Important note----------------------

Please remember that I never say that it is wrong for you to believe in bible or bible's "God", I have this huge respect for you folks but it is just me who refused to believe in bible or bible's "God". I am one of several people who live for absolute truth.. nothing more or less than that.. The first rule of universe: Knowledge is power. It means to read certain books and you will learn more about "truth". Hence why I add the quote by Herbert Sebastien Agar in my signature about truths that people don't want to know or even want to learn.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back