Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get back to this topic. I wrote a paper on this for school, and as soon as I find it, I'll post it. It's VERY long, and is anti-God, so it might give you all something to think about.

As to where I stand right now, i'm not sure, however, the paper was written when, naturally, I didn't believe.

I do believe in God because the way we live round here and seen allot of mother nature grown and universal etc ... so It is good enuff that there is exist of God ! I don't believe that we come from Ape as eloved (sp?) reason why is that because when we pass away and in few years our body become ash just exact like what bible said in the open that our body come from sand or ash so it is good enuff for me to believe in. eventhrough i don't believe in UFO made us !

Originally posted by Alex
Do you believe that a God exists?

Yes, but not in our world. God exists in the presence of almost everything. Miracles, giving births, death, and many more.

I'm into God, but not talk whole lot about Him, Jesus, and things like that 24/7. I only talk about Him when I'm feeling down or moody, because I know He'll help me to feel better. I don't know how that works, but it worked for me.

Originally posted by Alex
God -- "A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality."

I'm Catholic, and I believe there is a God. God is all about spirit and power, and He can only perform miracles and control everything in the universe.

Do you believe that a God exists?

Living man who is recognised as their prophet, the Last Messenger mentioned in the wildnress of America. My mind said: 'I believe (God) appeared in the person of Master Man on the last days of world." He is a human being, but He is a master of that time period. He masters it by the power and permission of Him. And sooner or later every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that a Master came to North America, and with the master grip He pulled him up out of the grave.

This Mind presented itself to Me in the same manner as the Angel Gabriel was a means through which God presented Himself to Christ in the form of a man. This should leave no doubt in the minds of the Man who I am as regards the true nature of Him. They are so pitifully blind, deaf and dumb that it hurts, but I am going to prove to them that I am with God and that He is with me, in spite of their ignorance of Him and myself, whom He has sent.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Liza
I've been raised Christian, but hold no religion now. However, I am open to what is meaningful to my heart from any religion. :D

I honestly mean no offense, but since you asked.... and I would feel more complete if I added an explanation to this. Feel free to reject what doesn't vibe with you, I won't hold that against you. I'm not out to change anybody's beliefs. ;)

I believe there is a God out there. Just holding a different definition on this God. It also comes in different names: Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, Bob Wanker... Is a rose still a rose if called by any other names?

I dunno about God being an actual entity sitting on throne in heaven, throwing lightning bolts at liars and sinners... I do not have a real good feeling about that. Why is fear necessary to get worshippers? Why the need to be worshipped at all?

I have come to this conclusion which resonates with my heart to this day: We are all part of God, and co-creators in that aspect.

So yes, I believe in God. The one that is made of compassion and love.
[/QUOTE]

Liz-my simple answer is it is your enemy who does not want God to be known to you and me. Do you refer to God as He, Him! These pronouns refer to A MAN. Man is material, of the earth. How long will you be ignorant of the reality of God? You are poisoned by the devil's touch. Why are you looking for a God that is not flesh and blood as you are? Do you say that you want to be like Him. Surely, you don't want to be a spirit without form, as spirits have no material form. Your God and my God is a material Being-the Supreme of Beings. But Your very nature is against your being anything other than a human being.

<wonder here>Ck... Does CompLicaTed know that you are using her avatar picture? Mmmm...It just bothers me that you are using her picture for your avatar -- can't you change it, please? :ugh:

Originally posted by ~Heather~
<wonder here>Ck... Does CompLicaTed know that you are using her avatar picture? Mmmm...It just bothers me that you are using her picture for your avatar -- can't you change it, please? :ugh:
Heather, thank you for your concern this. Honestly, She doesn't know that i using her avatar image. i will change it soon... :D

My belief is...

:roll: Well, well.

Basically, when humans were primitive and needed to explain the world and experiences throughout their lives, they came up with stories, myths, magic, and miracles. Every human needs a crutch to keep themselves up through the trying trials of life itself. It's instinict, pure and simple - a survival tool.

The same thing applies to any theological context - whether it be Christian, Hebrew, Islamic, Hinduism, and so on - they're there to provide our psychological need of comfort that there is a supreme being that made and looks over us.

But when you pray, does God answer? Logically, no. If a person prays to God and gets saved from the distressing situation he or she was in, it's purely by chance. Yet people stupidly call them "miracles performed by the hand of God."

I do agree that life is so intriciate, like a huge, zillion-piece puzzle that fits together so perfectly; like a computer program. It's evident that it wasn't created out of nothing, by pure coincidence.

So therefore, there has to have been an intelligent being behind this whole thing. Whatever being created all of this, definitely is NOT watching over us. It seems we're definitely on our own without true help or guidance from a higher being.

But man doesn't have the answer to WHO it is - not even through theological contexts. Only this unknown being knows, and it's not telling (yet?) Perhaps it will tell us the truth one day.... or maybe never would. Who knows?

To sum it all up... I don't practice, nor believe in any religion. I don't need it to help me withstand the trials and tribulations of life. Religion is the creation of man - written, spoken, and instituitionalized by man - not God himself (herself, or itself... whatever,) period. A complex myth created to help comfort and/or control the masses. ;)

How am I suppose to know if G O D exists? It just a story everywhere and we don't see any. But I believe the power of universe. That's all it matters.

I do believe in God.

I hear that almost everybody says they believe in God, but one way ticket is through Jesus not God. And we all are sinners even the christian people are sinners too. That is why Jesus is the bridge for us sinners to get in touch with God. All we have to do is confess with our own mouth that we are sinners and ask Jesus for forgiveness then he brings us with God.

I have seen alot of people with different beliefs but I respect their beliefs as long they respect mine. Since the Bible tells us not to judge others since that is God's duty to judge and he will on the last days.

Ah, interesting responses.

Yes I believe that there is only one God; the holy father of the Christ. God created earth, created lives, and created unique people like us!

I'm a Christian, however I belive in what I want to believe.

I'm an atheist myself.. i dont believe in god..its all a scam..no offense.. church just wants to scare people and encourage them to follow god so can follow their religion, who would go church if there was no god?

Originally posted by Apocalypse
I'm an atheist myself.. i dont believe in god..its all a scam..no offense.. church just wants to scare people and encourage them to follow god so can follow their religion, who would go church if there was no god?
:D , I nothing any partculiar with religious. But i do definitely agreed with you, Apocalyse because all church just trying to scare people and force them to follow various god so can put them under their control. I hate church!!:cool:

Originally posted by eternity
How am I suppose to know if G O D exists? It just a story everywhere and we don't see any. But I believe the power of universe. That's all it matters.
i do :thumb: with you, because you said,"it just a story everywhere and we don't see any." it is the absolutely FAIRLY TALE and ARTIFICE!!!!! but we can see a thing is material as Blood and flesh of the earth. How long will people be ignorant to looking for a God that is not flesh and blood as you are? I believe that the Superpower of Human universe because we are Goddess and God is a material Being-the Supreme of Beings.:D

the holy bible is similar with santa claus, easter bunny, and fairy tooth. religious is a tool of control with fear and guilt. the bible is very hidden information. Gov't owned by reglious.

Religion is man made. I follow no religion. I am a spiritual person. I believe in a Creative Power. I think religions have done a huge disservice to the understanding of our true nature. They were designed for one group to have control over another. Spirituality is controled by no group. It is inside all life forms and is the essense of Being. I eat no flesh because I respect all life.

Illuminati, freemasonary, and secret societies created many type of regilious, still today...

'gods' and 'clouds' in the bible could be extraterrestrial out there.

Originally posted by LUNZ
the holy bible is similar with santa claus, easter bunny, and fairy tooth. religious is a tool of control with fear and guilt. the bible is very hidden information. Gov't owned by reglious.

Religion is man made. I follow no religion. I am a spiritual person. I believe in a Creative Power. I think religions have done a huge disservice to the understanding of our true nature. They were designed for one group to have control over another. Spirituality is controled by no group. It is inside all life forms and is the essense of Being. I eat no flesh because I respect all life.

Illuminati, freemasonary, and secret societies created many type of regilious, still today...

'gods' and 'clouds' in the bible could be extraterrestrial out there.
INTERESTING!!! YOU ARE EXACT RIGHT THAT GENERAL RELIGION WHICH MAN MADE AND CONTROL PEOPLE WHO ATTEND... I AM RELIGION FREE!!! HATE ALL VARY RELIGIONS.. YOU KNOW WHAT? RELIGIONS OR CHURCHES ARE DEFINITELY CULT!!!!!!!

Yeah, ckfarbes i feel bad for people have blind faith and keep going to church everysunday. they have weak spirit and mind. they need to wake up and grow up.

Re: My belief is...

Originally posted by DeafDot
I do agree that life is so intriciate, like a huge, zillion-piece puzzle that fits together so perfectly; like a computer program. It's evident that it wasn't created out of nothing, by pure coincidence.

Leo Rosten's book The Joys of Yiddish has a cute story that explains the fallacy of that reasoning:

A group of Russian soldiers were seeking someone to "volunteer" into the Russian Army, and their search took them to a barn, where they found something amazing. A multitude of targets were painted on the barn, with a bullet hole in the exact center of every single target! There was no one in sight there, so they headed to the nearby shtetl. Once there, they described what they saw to the first man they met and asked whether the person responsible could be found.

"Eh, that's Reb Shepsel...but he's a little meshuggah."

"We don't care!" a soldier exclaimed. "We must have such a perfect marksman in the Russian Army!"

"You don't understand. For target practice, most people draw the targets first, and THEN they shoot. Shepsel, on the other hand..."

Billions of years is a long time during which stuff that doesn't work is filtered out by natural selection. What's left mostly works, and thus looks like it's too good to have just happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back