Do I "need to wear a hearing device while driving"?

That's right.

I hope you're referring to "stone-deaf" people and not "stoned" deaf people. I don't want them driving.

:lol:

:bowlol: And I promised I wouldn't correct peoples' grammar. See, if you had allowed me to correct it, we wouldn't all be lolafotfl!!!

Oh dear, we best not have stoned deaf people driving!! :bowlol:

Most of time i drive with hearing aids because i wanted to listen to radio. and other time i was in hurry, like picking my parent to her car place to pick it up.

That's good for you. I let everyone disagree with my opinions about my post. It's okay! Everyone are different opinions. I like to hear with HA. I have no problem with noise. I am not complain about it. I love to listen the music. I like to hear the siren walling. But I really dislike to hear a revving real loud!

i'm hoh...me too, i have to wear my hearing aid to help me hear in case if there's emergency siren, i have to pull over. several times i heard emergency siren really loud.
i wear my hearing aid since i was a kid.

That's good for you. I let everyone disagree with my opinions about my post. It's okay! Everyone are different opinions. I like to hear with HA. I have no problem with noise. I am not complain about it. I love to listen the music. I like to hear the siren walling. But I really dislike to hear a revving real loud!

I hate the revving too.

To me the answer is yes. I'm not going to get my learner's permit until i'm 15 and a half which is in febuary. And I would need to use BOTH my Hearing aid AND my Cochlear Implant because if you didn't use it, how are you going to listen to the sirens going on when they need to go to an emerency? How are you going to hear the car honk their horns for whatever reason? And if you're going to a drive-thru and you can't understand what they say because you don't have a hearing aid, how are you going to work that out? Those are the type of questions you'll have to use your hearing aids for. And it's important because alot of hearing people are asking and saying: "Is it legal for deaf people to drive?" Some hearing people disagrees that us deaf people and Hard of hearing people shouldn't drive at all because we can't hear very well and they think we can't do it. But, We can prove them wrong by using our hearing devices. As much as I want to get my temps (learner's permit, we call them temps here in my hometown; short for temporarly license or learner's permit) It's important for us to be safe and be able to hear the sounds on the road. We have to pay attention to the road twice as hard than what other people who are hearing. Because sure we can't hear alot of the sounds on the road. But we have to use our Eyes alot on the road; like a person or a animal crossing over the street, and our ears to hear the sounds that's going on in the road. It's important to use your hearing devices. And it'll keep you out of trouble if you ever get pulled over by a officer.

I don't think it matters anymore. If you are an alert driver that is what counts. Constant checks on all mirrors should be enough. After all, hearing people play music loud enough to create noise pollution or talk on cell phones constantly. Once upon a time, though, there used to be an alert device that could be plugged into your cig lighter. It would flash if there was the sound of a siren somewhere close. I tried to google for it and found little info other than that type of device is illegal in many states now. I guess the hearing world abused it, much like the radar detector, so many states banned it or just lumped it in the same category.

Back