Dlinks - Router to router-WIRELESS

Ok, the 999 you mention is very high latency rate, I have seen over 6,000 once and that was satellite! Nothing can be done with that part. The best latency rate I have seen was 25, I was like whoa! I love that one!

The ping really represents as hops between servers to servers, depending on where, believe it or not there could be over 3,000 servers connects from somebody in New York city to Los Angeles! That is why each connections has to be clean to maintain low latency rates.
Be careful, few HSI will charge you if you reset modem, it is best to call them first.

Well, I had reset my modem for many time and checked on phone bill, they don't charge on me, just nothing at all but I used to call them before and ask me to do power cycle if any issues are occured.

Oh shit about satellite internet, The Sims online is best running on dial-up than satellite does but cable/DSL is #1, dial-up is #2.

I NEVER to get satellite internet, that strictly unacceptable for gamers.

If they don't still it is safe to ask, never know they will sneaky add such fees, I have seen some already, so, this is just FYI and may not apply to you at all.

Well, I had reset my modem for many time and checked on phone bill, they don't charge on me, just nothing at all but I used to call them before and ask me to do power cycle if any issues are occured.

Oh shit about satellite internet, The Sims online is best running on dial-up than satellite does but cable/DSL is #1, dial-up is #2.

I NEVER to get satellite internet, that strictly unacceptable for gamers.

I wish there's FiOS in my area. :( I live in the country on the big hills.

I have a WISP for few years. Did do pretty good job, the speed went too low sometime and disconnect due to DNS errors, couldn't release from WAN's status in my router. I often contact comcast and few ISPs for the update installation for fiber optic in my area and need to wait! Not sure when. :(

I paid 84 dollars a month for 1mb up/down. (Better then nothing)

Anyone know a cheaper and faster WISP out there?

Huh! You'll need to join Hacker site to help you to get a hacked firmware for D-Link LOL.

I wonder if you thought of trying Wirless Belkin Router??. Belkin DO have AP built in.. If you bought two SAME Belkin router. You can set one as a MAIN and other as an AP.. My Belkin 54g did have an option to set it as AP. My router is old but My friend's new Belkin Pre-N router did have same settings. So If I bought a new Wireless router, I would use my old one as an AP.

I'm using RR and loving it! DSL would be my very rock bottom of my list IF I am going broke.

Hope you had fun hacking your D-link's Firmware. ROFL

Catty

Huh! You'll need to join Hacker site to help you to get a hacked firmware for D-Link LOL.

I wonder if you thought of trying Wirless Belkin Router??. Belkin DO have AP built in.. If you bought two SAME Belkin router. You can set one as a MAIN and other as an AP.. My Belkin 54g did have an option to set it as AP. My router is old but My friend's new Belkin Pre-N router did have same settings. So If I bought a new Wireless router, I would use my old one as an AP.

I'm using RR and loving it! DSL would be my very rock bottom of my list IF I am going broke.

Hope you had fun hacking your D-link's Firmware. ROFL

Catty

Hi Catty,

it's been a while to hear from you. :) How is your hard driving going?

Yep, Belkin do have a AP, which I have that kind for awhile and did use it as AP all of the time at the garage for few servers. I'm hosting the couple of free unix shells account for my friends to play around.

Anyway, back then, that brand doesn't work very well with my vp. Got black screen often, ya know. But now FCC told them to get it open to any kinds. Finally! Wish I kept the berkin back then which I sold it. :( Oh well, lucky I got the used linksys for cheap and just put the custom firmware in!

RR? May I have the direct link? :ty:

Dlink isn't very easy to find the custom firmware and I left some posts at few web sites and they mostly give me the same respond like Tech Bill said. :( So I go for linksys like Tech Bill suggested. Thanks to him by the way. :)

Back