• No car repair bills
• Better health
• Environmentally friendly
• No gym membership
• Better organization
• Better organization
• A much healthier bank account

Probably you would save much as 300 to 500 a month. :eek3:

I'm try to use transportation service that I could go to work. That would cut some money on spend for gas and less risk for repair in further. :)

If I didn't have my car, I couldn't go to work. So, no car, no income. I wouldn't have a "healthier" bank account; I would have NO bank account.

If I didn't have my car, I couldn't go to work. So, no car, no income. I wouldn't have a "healthier" bank account; I would have NO bank account.

move to either chicago or New York city or downtown where job is available. :D

Hubby and I have jobs that require vehicles.

Why should we move to areas that have a higher cost of living? That would just make the financial situation worse. That doesn't make sense.

or LA because it doesn't require to have car to around, also bus system is available in almost all area.

FF_Car_in_Ditch.jpg

mass transit is not worth the hassle, the headaches and you're at mercy of those people who decide the times, and if something happens such as an accident, they're gonna tell you, SOL find other way to get to your destination

as reba pointed out- higher cost of living also- not worth it

plus they're coming up with better ideas about vechiles so its gonna be better in the end, eventually

mass transit is not worth the hassle, the headaches and you're at mercy of those people who decide the times, and if something happens such as an accident, they're gonna tell you, SOL find other way to get to your destination

as reba pointed out- higher cost of living also- not worth it

plus they're coming up with better ideas about vechiles so its gonna be better in the end, eventually

New York is only 24/7 transportation in nationwide, and don't need damn car.

Look at Tokyo, Japan, they have awesome transportation in high tech and every schedule availablet than NYC. oh wow!

Cost to live isn't that bad when you don't have car. If have car while use transportation, too much!!!!

I wouldnt ditch my SUV but if the public transportation was available, I would use it daily to go to work.

When I was a Gallaudet student, I used the bus to get to Metro and it was so nice not having to drive my car daily. I miss that.

No, I wouldnt give up my truck..I love having it and even if I didnt drive daily, it is nice to have if I should decide a spur of the moment out of town trips.

Sound a good idea. But, I won't ditch my vehicle, just put it in the garage or storage.

It depends where you live and safe to go on a bus. I used to go on the buses a lot when I was in D.C. There was so many noises inside the bus such as some losing chairs, rattling metals somewhere, crazy loud music, slide door slams, etc. It was crazy, but it was experience for me to know the difference between a car and a bus. After work, on the bus, I almost fall asleep and almost passed my home.

I have no idea how much does it cost for anyone to ride on a bus. Nothing is free.

yes I would ditch my vehicle if there is transportation service during overnight hours, though since my job requires a car so I got no choice but commute via car. it costs more money but that's life.

reba is an interpreter.. an interpreter needs a transportation to get to work on time. and most interpreter have a full schedule have to be at dr office by 1 pm.. then be to meeting 10 miles away at 2 30 pm and list goes on.

even riding a cab is much more expensive than driving ur own car. and a bus.. takes time to get to there, walk then get to another bus or so.

Me ditch my two gas guzzling SUV? HELL NO WAY!!!

I do not want to be stuck in snow storm! These gas guzzling SUVs gets me anywhere! Even places really inaccessible by cars

I understand about Japan, but you forgot... Japan is very small country where they have too many people live there, that is how they can come up with excellent mass transportation system. Same with NYC, 13 million people live there that is why it makes sense why they got damn good mass transportation, comparing to where I live, less than 700,000 people live in county, and it does NOT make sense or economically possible to have mass transportation here! I wouldn't support higher taxes for expansion of mass transportation, and end up pay to use them. Hell NO!

My driveway only allows Jeep and motorcycle on them, all others will be towed away at owner's expense!

eh, if I see any GM vehicle on my driveway, I would be extremely pissed off! My long time loyality to GM has been shot! GM had screwed me, so screw them!

I am so mad at you that you called the tow truck company to take my truck away from your driveway. hehehe.

Offsubject - for diehardbiker

I had a S-10 Blazer truck, and the mainfolders were shot out. I will not ever buy a GMC. I am thinking of buying a Mercury Mariner that has a hyrid that can go up to 35 mpg - I think. I am waiting for the catalog in the mail to get more information. I really hate to see a car dealer at the store.

I have thought about a diesel truck, but it is not good for the environment, and even the price will go up anyway. Same thing for a biodiesel price that will go up no matter what.

I was surprised that Ford Escape (Hybird)'s gas mile that go up to about 23. That is a piece of crap.

I have a Ford Explorer and the mpg isn't that great. Most Ford trucks have many problems with rust metal frames under them which is very common. A professional mechanist told me not to buy a Ford truck. He has so many Ford customers to come his garage, and they have the exact problem. I realized that Ford did not tell the truth about this one.

I will definitely use the public transportation if it is convenient for me-- however I will still need a car to get to a remote area where there is no transportation connected there to here (e.g. national parks, deserts etc in Southern California).

But it will be NICE to not drive all the times! Maybe 20% of the times I will use my car whilst the rest will be toward to use the public transportation. I will LOVE that-- that way I can read my book et cetera-- being more productive with my time rather than using my eyes to WATCH where I go on the freeways.

It is hard to use public transportation because there are unpredictable happenings such as a bus breaking down, late bus drivers, delayed subway, et cetera that just eats away your time... not a good thing when you gotta show up on time for work!

While travelling in other countries, I try to use their public transportation-- Paris, London, and Barcelona got pretty good system and it takes you ANYWHERE you wish. Sweet! Italy, in my experience, is better by being a pedestrian-- their cities are not widespread like American cities so it is easier to walk around (or occassionally use their bus system).

San Diego has a notoriously poor public transportation. We do have a trolley system (similar to subway but ABOVE ground... similar to train but SMALLER), but we are still fixing it to make it accessible to all over the county (right now, the south and central part of county get the best-- north and east county are left out of the loop). Buses are the most reliable transportation, however when it comes to rush hour-- forget it. It will take me two hours to get to Chula Vista from Central San Diego via bus/trolley while it only takes me 20 minutes to drive in my own car. You see the pros and cons we gotta weight?

What a bummer but, hopefully in 10 years or so I will be able to use some of San Diego's public transportation to my future work from my home.

I've always want to DITCH my car, All the times, everytime I drive it, alllllllllll the times........ Everytime I drive it, I am scare of police, I think about shame on me for causing pollution, how much money I have to pay for gas, and insurance, everything!

Without car, I will be very happy that I don't have to think about those crazy things about car. But, I have to drive because of damn work :(

Back