Ditch vehicle, you would?

Tires do not have alot to do driving snow. It involves more than just one factor. You need to combine several factors to be able to drive well in snow, it is drivers attitude, drivers thinking, tires, drivers response, etc. I have had lousy tires sometimes and was able to drive in snow, just take extra time.

EVEN if new set of tires with rotten drivers attitude (Egoism), they definetly increases risk of getting into stupid accidents. Seen enoough, these cops do not have ego problem, and was very well trained to do so, that is why they reduces the chance of accident in snow, and oh yes, they do get accident anyway.

Not just for SUV, it was from tire issue, that need replace into new tire that can running on snow day.

Understandable, nothing wrong with it. SUV is not designed as inevitable. It is great vehicle *IF* you know how to drive it properly, especially driving in snow. It was not designed to speeding in heavy snow accumulations, even if it is in 4x4 mode. Yes, it does go faster in snowy road... BUT, STILL BUT if you need to do brake, or stop fast, it is no different than 2 wheel drive vehicles. Those SUV drivers who thinks they can speed and go as fast as they want to in snowy or icy road, they are purely IDIOTS!

Anyway, my Jeep Willy was able to drive though 18 inches of unplowed snow, no way any car can do that. I do not think I can drive though more than 18 inches unless I get it lifted more. :)

Darn, I missed your post.

I think SUV driver try to race with me since I passed it. That's stupid. I guess SUV driver have no idea my car is AWD.

Yes, I already know about brake, they are all same for RWD,FWD,AWD, and 4x4, just push the gas.

What so? You can get lucky in anytime in NYC.
I don't think so. I'm from CT, and still visit my family there, so I know what the cost of living is in the Northeast. It is way too expensive. There is no way I could get an equivalent house up there for the same price. Also, Hubby has his own business here, and he can't move it to NY. Besides, why should we leave the beaches here for the snow up there? :P

There's alot of rent apt in NYC for reasonable if you are looking for 5 boroughs.
Why would I want to rent an apt.? We own a 4-bedroom, 2 1/2 house, with a 2-car garage, over 2,100 sq. ft., with a beautiful yard. Could I buy the same house in NY for under $200,000? No.

... interpreter is usually to make alot of money.
:rofl: Not this terp.

I can careless if I work at fast food and enjoy to live in housing project with other person.
Good for you. :)

I love NYC cuz no need car then I will buy alot of games, DVD, clothes or whatever.
Each person has his or her own priorities. Your's and mine are different.

Only handful of terps do make "money", it still don't make alot money. Those types of terps that makes "good" money are those who terp at court room. Most of the terp ears little above minimum wage, FYI! I know because I have had few relationships with terps and I know alot of terps. I see them everyday, :)

The truth is, money does not make you happy! It is what you love that matters. I love my job to death, once you love the job, money does not matter much. Of course, we all need money anyway.

or apply for HUD (housing project) but oh wait... I don't think that you will quality because interpreter is usually to make alot of money.

I don't think so. I'm from CT, and still visit my family there, so I know what the cost of living is in the Northeast. It is way too expensive. There is no way I could get an equivalent house up there for the same price. Also, Hubby has his own business here, and he can't move it to NY. Besides, why should we leave the beaches here for the snow up there? :P

Why would I want to rent an apt.? We own a 4-bedroom, 2 1/2 house, with a 2-car garage, over 2,100 sq. ft., with a beautiful yard. Could I buy the same house in NY for under $200,000? No.

:rofl: Not this terp.

Good for you. :)

Each person has his or her own priorities. Your's and mine are different.

LOL, I'm suggest you to watch Run's House and learn about lifestyle in Northeast or ask your brother, webexplorer if you get better chance.

I know that NYC metro is cost more, same house can be more than $600,000 in NYC metro but Upstate NY is so cheaper, probably same level as in SC.

My high school interpreter made $50,000 a year, for interpreting in our classes then what's your point about not on terp.

I hope that you wouldn't take too serious on first sentence. :D

Only handful of terps do make "money", it still don't make alot money. Those types of terps that makes "good" money are those who terp at court room. Most of the terp ears little above minimum wage, FYI! I know because I have had few relationships with terps and I know alot of terps. I see them everyday, :)

The truth is, money does not make you happy! It is what you love that matters. I love my job to death, once you love the job, money does not matter much. Of course, we all need money anyway.

Are you missing my point? Look at my previous post.

I have no idea about terp but I know about interpreter who interpreting at high school everyday.

$50K a year still "average", but is too low in Los Angeles!

Are you missing my point? Look at my previous post.

I have no idea about terp but I know about interpreter who interpreting at high school everyday.

$50K a year still "average", but is too low in Los Angeles!

That's your opinion, $50,000 a year is alot to me, though.

LA isn't rediciously expensive like NYC does, except if you own house.

Also, I'm talked about married or partner to other person, that alot for sure.

You wouldn't expect that mine is worse because of under $15,000 a year.

LOL, I'm suggest you to watch Run's House and learn about lifestyle in Northeast or ask your brother, webexplorer if you get better chance.
What is Run's House?

Webexplorer is my brother? How did you know that? ;)

I lived in CT, RI, and NJ, so I know about the Northeast.

My high school interpreter made $50,000 a year, for interpreting in our classes then what's your point about not on terp.
Certified terp for public high school in SC earns $12 - $15 per hour, 40-hour week, 9 months (180 days) of the year. If the average is $13.50 per hour, that would be less than $20,000 per year.

I'm a community independent contractor terp. I earn more per hour than a school terp but I work much fewer hours, and I get no benefits (no insurance, no retirement, no sick leave, no paid vacation, etc.) . Sometimes I have no work for weeks. Sometimes I work two hours per week. So, I'm not getting rich. I spend several hundreds of dollars each year for terp workshops, professional membership fees, training materials, testing, etc.

But I love my work and I enjoy the people I work with. :)

I hope that you wouldn't take too serious on first sentence. :D
Life's too short for too much seriousness. :P

You still missed Reba and my point anyway. You forgot that I deal with terps alot since I moved up here. I learn alot from terps. It is NOT what you are thinking. Like what Reba said 10-12 dollars an hour that is pretty right for most of the terps. If you wondering why many terps tend to hold more than one jobs, that is because they don't get paid enough. I have know one terp to hold 5 jobs! I was like whoa! She does not have choice.

LA isn't rediciously expensive like NYC does, except if you own house.

Also, I'm talked about married or partner to other person, that alot for sure.

You wouldn't expect that mine is worse because of under $15,000 a year.

You still missed Reba and my point anyway. You forgot that I deal with terps alot since I moved up here. I learn alot from terps. It is NOT what you are thinking. Like what Reba said 10-12 dollars an hour that is pretty right for most of the terps. If you wondering why many terps tend to hold more than one jobs, that is because they don't get paid enough. I have know one terp to hold 5 jobs! I was like whoa! She does not have choice.

You are so randomly.

Look!!! At first, I thought that Reba is high school interpreter then I made mistake but she's worked for terp then that different story then now, I was point out about my high school interpreter then stop to talk about off to somewhere then I don't give a fuck about terp or whatever.

Again, I NEVER point about terp at first place then ok...

True. Hubby has a full-time business, plus his military retirement income. I work as a terp plus I do lawn care work for my neighbor. Sometimes I help Hubby in his business, too.

Some people hiring terps thru an agency think terps earn a lot based on what the agency charges. The consumer doesn't realize that the terp only gets a small percentage of what the agency charges. The agency gets most of the profit. When I work for a private agency, I get about 1/3 to 1/2 of what they charge the client.

True. Hubby has a full-time business, plus his military retirement income. I work as a terp plus I do lawn care work for my neighbor. Sometimes I help Hubby in his business, too.

Some people hiring terps thru an agency think terps earn a lot based on what the agency charges. The consumer doesn't realize that the terp only gets a small percentage of what the agency charges. The agency gets most of the profit. When I work for a private agency, I get about 1/3 to 1/2 of what they charge the client.

My dad got military retirement income too, it was from Marines and retired in 1993.

What does your husband do for his business? Landscape?

Being an interpreter is a hard work. It sounds a good idea to run your own interpret business in order to save your money. How much do you charge your clients?

I sympathize for interpreters who do not have a health insurance and benefits. It is NOT our fault because it's the system. IF we are rich, then we could pay the interpreters.

Why can't you to be an independent business as an interpreter? If you want to do that, the only thing that I do not understand how the insurance system if you have some employees that work for you.

If being an independent business, you pay the insurance business by the law which is not necessary because you are a "sole properitor."

If you are an independent interpreter, are you willing to pay your employees for their benefits? Isn't that something? I do believe that all interpreters should receive their benefits.

Wow, you guys are making a lot of money from his retirement checks, a landscape business, and an interpreter. Beware that there are no retirement checks for some interpreters in the future. That sucks. But, you have your husband's checks. That is the whole difference story.

I am not so sure if an intepreter works for a court, will he/she able to get his/her retirement checks? If not, then the court system (or lawyer) is so corrupt!

Yes, the advantage for terps to work for an agency is that agency can coordinate jobs and give assignment whenever they know terp is available. This involves alot work, and they have to cover the overhead cost, that is why terps don't get much pay from the agency. Again, it seems that agency may pocket alot profit, but in reality, they have to pay taxes, they have to pay workman compenstation to cover the terps and all of administrative people who works in Agency office, they have to pay rent for the center, pay for the utilities, pay for the employees who do all dirty paperwork, and so forth. So, in the end, they really isn't profitable as it seems.

If Terp decided to go on their own, they better keep their schedule full or they won't get money after all.

I cannot revise my post. I didn't realize that it prevented me to edit my post after 30 minutes so I'm stuck.

$50,000 a year isn't enough to able to afford everything A to Z, if you got debts flooded on your budget. It depends where you live, though. $50,000 a year is a lot for average suburbs in Seattle metro area, but not in Seattle or Bellevue.

Just reminder that this $50k a year for that same pacman is in Los Angeles, and that cost of living in Los Angeles is very high. I would agree that it it alot money if that is in like middle of Montana.
My point is depends on locations, like Boston, LA, Chicago, NYC, where they got very high cost of living, 50K a year may be just "average".

$50,000 a year isn't enough to able to afford everything A to Z, if you got debts flooded on your budget. It depends where you live, though. $50,000 a year is a lot for average suburbs in Seattle metro area, but not in Seattle or Bellevue.

Just reminder that this $50k a year for that same pacman is in Los Angeles, and that cost of living in Los Angeles is very high. I would agree that it it alot money if that is in like middle of Montana.
My point is depends on locations, like Boston, LA, Chicago, NYC, where they got very high cost of living, 50K a year may be just "average".

I don't live in LA right now.

I'm pointing about married couples and domstic partnership that make same income on each person then go figure out yourself. I used to live in LA before but not general are high, just depends on area that where you live. 50K would be killed if you are single and live alone or want own house then would be too low, depends on personal's choice.

Since I know your in the Windy city, try to find an interpreter that makes more than $50K a year, and they must be "average" terp, then we can talk.

I don't live in LA right now.

I'm pointing about married couples and domstic partnership that make same income on each person then go figure out yourself. I used to live in LA before but not general are high, just depends on area that where you live. 50K would be killed if you are single and live alone or want own house then would be too low, depends on personal's choice.

Back