Dislike Smoking Commerical

DelicPumpkPie

Reaction score
*sighs* I watch a commerical with a girl in the car and the mother rolled up the window and locked the doors. Then light up her cigs. I HATE THAT commerical. I know it's showing an example but WRONG WAY to show the commerical like that. POOR THAT KID to suffer that smoking air trapped in that car! :(

Anyone of you see that commerical yet or lately?
HATE THAT AWFUL COMMERICAL! :( :madfawk:

Commerical oh come on!!! It is supposed to be Ban to have it on the commerical. No way oh say!!!!!!!!!!

what? i thought the law says no more commericals for smoking, and no more AD on billboards about smoking.

Really Scuba? I didnt know that they turned the law to against to that. When did that happen, Scuba? *sighs* HATE THAT DAMN COMMERICAL--- VERY REPEATIVE and CRUEL to show :(

I have not seen that on TV. There are no cigarette commercials on American TV.

Do you mean that was a PSA against smoking?

cant be on the TV cuz its since been banned -- same with alcoholic commercials do not allow the actors/actresses to be actually DRINKING the beverages and have a post saying "drink responsibly, dont drive" type of announcement

DelicPumpkPie said:
Really Scuba? I didnt know that they turned the law to against to that. When did that happen, Scuba? (

Hmm if it's banned-- they should ban THIS ONE! *rme* WHAT AN IDIOT! :( It has been continuing since I saw it for one week--- ITS DISGUSTING with KIDS IN IT--- even other one with dad raise a daughter on his own then that daughter got into 420 and cigs then got killed. NOW that father is in depression. REALLY DUMB! :(

Anyone know why it's BANNED?? <<< WONDERING! :-\

DelicPumpkPie said:
*sighs* I watch a commerical with a girl in the car and the mother rolled up the window and locked the doors. Then light up her cigs. I HATE THAT commerical. I know it's showing an example but WRONG WAY to show the commerical like that. POOR THAT KID to suffer that smoking air trapped in that car! :(

Anyone of you see that commerical yet or lately?
HATE THAT AWFUL COMMERICAL! :( :madfawk:

Then how do you expect people to learn when they aren't shown the graphic details?

Political Correctness can kiss my ass for all I care. People has to learn it the hard way, because most of them don't learn it the easy way which is reading. But pity, today people don't take reading seriously enough. So, they end up learning it the hard way. Obviously this commercial failed because political correctness is more "important" to them.

That's what makes me mad... people not getting the point.

Reba said:
Do you mean that was a PSA against smoking?

More likely it was. It is illegal to advertise smoking on the TV from what I know. But it isn't illegal to advertise them in magazines. However, when it come to advocating against smoking, it's a different story.

I DISAGREE, BANJO--- KIDS ONCE NEVER BRING IN THE COMMERICAL LIKE THAT--- thats really AWFUL for them PERIOD...

ONCE ITS BANNED-- ITS GOOD and FOREVER! *shrugs* Glad the cigs are higher and make people hard time to budget for cigs so they can learn the lessons not to spend it on the cigs. *rme*

Banjo said:
Then how do you expect people to learn when they aren't shown the graphic details?

Political Correctness can kiss my ass for all I care. People has to learn it the hard way, because most of them don't learn it the easy way which is reading. But pity, today people don't take reading seriously enough. So, they end up learning it the hard way. Obviously this commercial failed because political correctness is more "important" to them.

That's what makes me mad... people not getting the point.

:werd:

This is how I feel about PC ....

:fu2: :rl: :madfawk: :rifle: :mad2: :barf:

There's no mistaken how I feel about it, is there? :smash:

:)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i think i know what shes talking abt

the commercial abt children wanting attention qq the girl goes on her first successful solo bike riding and says "look at me Daddy!" (or maybe she was saying "watch me Daddy!") then later in her years go do a dance/gymnastic recital and says "look at me Daddy!" then later with the weed qq

its a commercial announcement to ENCOURAGE the parents to TALK to their children abt drugs and other substances before they even START using

DelicPumpkPie said:
I DISAGREE, BANJO--- KIDS ONCE NEVER BRING IN THE COMMERICAL LIKE THAT--- thats really AWFUL for them PERIOD...

ONCE ITS BANNED-- ITS GOOD and FOREVER! *shrugs* Glad the cigs are higher and make people hard time to budget for cigs so they can learn the lessons not to spend it on the cigs. *rme*

How do you know the girl was harmed while the filming of this commercial? What if they were using fake cigarettes, you know they do use fake cigarettes in some movies. They do look real, but they aren't. I haven't seen the commercial, but it is likely that they may had used a fake one, or maybe even digitally added the smoke to it. If it was an anti-smoking commercial, I don't think they would be stupid enough to use an actual cigarette.

You should be angry over this one instead, http://www.thewvsr.com/worrying.htm

This is an actual photo in a newspaper, this woman had complained of the noise coming from the jackhammers and is worried that it may harm her baby somehow. Yet, she is smoking in this picture... ironic! Some real damages are being done to the baby, compared to the girl in the commercial.

Fly Free said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i think i know what shes talking abt

the commercial abt children wanting attention qq the girl goes on her first successful solo bike riding and says "look at me Daddy!" (or maybe she was saying "watch me Daddy!") then later in her years go do a dance/gymnastic recital and says "look at me Daddy!" then later with the weed qq

its a commercial announcement to ENCOURAGE the parents to TALK to their children abt drugs and other substances before they even START using

Yes, it's really the parents they are aiming for because they are responsible for whatever their kids do. It's very important that parents take the message serious. If they don't, they'll be facing some unwanted problems in the future.

Oceanbreeze said:
:werd:

This is how I feel about PC ....

:fu2: :rl: :madfawk: :rifle: :mad2: :barf:

There's no mistaken how I feel about it, is there? :smash:

:)

There's no mistake on how you feel about it, it is a disgusting habit and shouldn't be done around kids. But I see parents doing it all of the times. How are they really sending their kids the message on drugs if they are smoking one themselves?

Cigarette is a drug, so is pot. The only difference is... one is legal and one isn't. They are both drugs to begin with, the only reason why cigarette is legal is because they rake in a lot of money meaning more money for the government.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
what? i thought the law says no more commericals for smoking, and no more AD on billboards about smoking.

The law simply states that it cannot target the youth/teen audience. Thats why you dont see joe camel being cool nowadays like in the old days.

Back