Discussion about crimes and bad areas

Heath said:
I am sorry to hear about your uncle and it is all the more reason to start thinking about what places are safer to go to than to stay obessed about bad high crime areas, not worth it.

Think in terms of good areas, good neighborhoods to live in.

My aunt is from Carson, that's not far away from Compton and she said that she is just careless about crime, Carson isn't bad place since I had visited. East Carson is that where most are middle class black region, closer to Carson Mall. West Carson is that where mixed with white, latino and asians (most filipino) but West Carson is pretty good and cleanliness are good, both of them are equal. For crip territories, they are still existing in end of East Compton, closer to Compton.

My uncle's friend live in Crenshaw, that where riot was targeted.
Crenshaw is that where mostly middle class black region, Balwin Hills, View Park, Leimert Park and Windsor Hills are nice. I can careless if I want live in Compton or Watts but I'm probably not because there's nothing with this place. I'm just ride on blue line to Long Beach, that where going through Compton.

racheleggert said:
I am legally blind, and I cannot drive. I decided to take cab home sunday night instead of bus because no buses run later than 11PM from Downtown St. Paul to my home.

Please ask your family to drive you home that way you are really safe. Show this to your family and they will be sure to give you a ride home. Taxicab fare these days are very expensive because of the gas prices. God Bless .... :angel:

Everyone, Which is safe and clean? Detroit or San Bernardino

I have said San Bernardino but San Bernardino isn't nice city and don't trust to see on ariels. For central of SB looks not nice place with bunch of old houses in core and out of core are alright, not nice as in Riverside. I noticed that mayor would figure out to make clean up the neighborhood, many old houses got demolished and redevelopment in new building. Difference between Detroit and San Bernardino are climate, bright and temperature. San Bernardino is bright and hot climate, just like most cities in CA too. Yea, SB is much better than Detroit but not nice as in Riverside and Carson.

I made some interesting for compare with Detroit and San Bernardino.

TrippLA said:
Everyone, Which is safe and clean? Detroit or San Bernardino

I have said San Bernardino but San Bernardino isn't nice city and don't trust to see on ariels. For central of SB looks not nice place with bunch of old houses in core and out of core are alright, not nice as in Riverside. I noticed that mayor would figure out to make clean up the neighborhood, many old houses got demolished and redevelopment in new building. Difference between Detroit and San Bernardino are climate, bright and temperature. San Bernardino is bright and hot climate, just like most cities in CA too. Yea, SB is much better than Detroit but not nice as in Riverside and Carson.

I made some interesting for compare with Detroit and San Bernardino.

Detriot is stil gonna be way alots more dangerous than San Bernanrido ever will be. The mayor can do re-delevopment all he wants, brand new buildings but the same people are still there. The mayor really should be looking at the people who live in the neighborhood and how to best help them first before re-delevopment plans move ahead and the shovel groundbreaking ribbon scissor cutting photo snapping ceremony takes place for the important politicans and the people who are gonna run those new buildings, but the neighborhood overally is still the same.

Re-delevopment really is a short term band-aid patch, I mean that may be badly needed for new re-delevoped bulidings to attract any real business which is nice to have. It has to start with the people in the neighborhood first. Unfortunately politicans do not pay any real attention to that.

Heath said:
Detriot is stil gonna be way alots more dangerous than San Bernanrido ever will be. The mayor can do redelevopment all he wants, brand new buildings but the same people are still there. The mayor really should be looking at the people who live in the neighborhood and how to best help them first before redelevopment plans move ahead and the shovel groundbreaking ribbon scissor cutting ceremony takes place for the important politicans and the people who are gonna run those new buildings, but the neighborhood overally is still the same. Redelevopment really is a short term bandaid patch, I mean that may be badly needed for new redelevoped buliding, it has to start with the people in the neighborhood first. Unfortunately politicans do not pay any real attention to that.

Yea, I agree but when back in 1992, San Bernardino has more than 60 murders, it went up to 45 again then going down to under 30 in 2005. Central of SB isn't nice but outer of core are alright and nice with several junks. SB was on list, with 25 dangerous city, #16 in 2004 and #18 in 2005 but I don't know if can going drop to less than #25. San Bernardino is mainly middle class region with mixed with hispanic and white, there's asians too. It's had been ugly and rough in central SB for long time since 70's, no big deal. I wouldn't want live in central SB but nice from bright. Central SB is mostly hispanic and blacks but unlike Compton because of no bloods and crips.

I wouldn't surprised if GM is going out of business in Detroit and someone would enjoy to vandalism.

Detroit don't have alot of new houses, or no houses communities, or none are subdivision. San Bernardino has alot of new houses, including subdivision and trailor parks with swimming pools. I just ignored ugly houses and junks in San Bernardino when driving around here, not just for SB, other cities in SB County have ugly houses and junks but Victorville and Hesperia has more junks than SB does, there's not nice in some part of Fontana, Ontario and even Rialto, it's normal because it used to be rural and desert with filled in junk but 60's, 70's and 80's are even more worse. SB and most part of Inland Empire have alot of sprawl, it's known as sprawl capital.

Heath, one more to tell plus despite ghetto and crime, Detroit is going be little improve and downtown is interesting, there's Hard Rock and even more than one attractions, it got good memories from NFL Superbowl, play in snow with air and movers are full of people.

Sweetheart said:
I know about bad areas and crimes in Michigan are in Detroit, in first list for Michigan and also in the list for USA. But also, in Flint in some of ways. That's all so far I know because of Detroit have HIGHEST crime in there....
Hubby agrees. He was born and raised in Lansing. :D

Yea, Same as Rachel's talk about in Mpls area..

I lived in parent's house in north minneapolis, it's was quieter place till I moved to St Paul - Eastside area seem looks good. till I moved back to Minneapolis to live in highrise apts (Cedar-Riverside area) and growing problem in cedar-riverside area too many muggers, smolian ppls, druggers, shot fired and etc, I don't like in Cedar-Riverside area, I decided to move into seward area more safe place that I living in federal housing units for the disabled residents... I rode on bus to north minneapolis, I shocked the North Mpls very WORSE more black ppls lives in there, my house demolished long time ago after my parent death., mostly bus line 5, 19 and 22 lot of black ppls ride on these buses in north minneapolis.

Near the franklin train station that where closest to Phillips area mostly indian and spanish ppls lives there, mostly drunk indian laid down on grass on MTA's train property. I catch the 4 of MTA police officers, I show the body language to the officer "Drink and sleep" and pointing to drunker on the grass, the officer knew my body language does for.. he waved to me "Thank you" and his thumbs up... I park it and watch the 4 officers walk to the drunker, about 15 to 20 minutes later the police detox van shows up and send off to the county hospital.

PowerWCRulez said:
Yea, Same as Rachel's talk about in Mpls area..

I lived in parent's house in north minneapolis, it's was quieter place till I moved to St Paul - Eastside area seem looks good. till I moved back to Minneapolis to live in highrise apts (Cedar-Riverside area) and growing problem in cedar-riverside area too many muggers, smolian ppls, druggers, shot fired and etc, I don't like in Cedar-Riverside area, I decided to move into seward area more safe place that I living in federal housing units for the disabled residents... I rode on bus to north minneapolis, I shocked the North Mpls very WORSE more black ppls lives in there, my house demolished long time ago after my parent death., mostly bus line 5, 19 and 22 lot of black ppls ride on these buses in north minneapolis.

Near the franklin train station that where closest to Phillips area mostly indian and spanish ppls lives there, mostly drunk indian laid down on grass on MTA's train property. I catch the 4 of MTA police officers, I show the body language to the officer "Drink and sleep" and pointing to drunker on the grass, the officer knew my body language does for.. he waved to me "Thank you" and his thumbs up... I park it and watch the 4 officers walk to the drunker, about 15 to 20 minutes later the police detox van shows up and send off to the county hospital.

Minneapolis has a very big Somalian community straight from Somalia, Africa itself and many of the bad guys commiting crimes in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area are military veterans themselves who have alots of soldier combat experience. Also remember these Somalians are very islamic too. They are very violent probably more than Black Americans who were born here in the USA. I used to see the Somalian women in their traditional garb with their children get on or off the bus sometimes with their husbands. I did not enter the Somalian areas of Minneapolis. That is very good common sense and for your own safety.

Most forumers in SSC are agree with me about Rock Hard, interesting attraction and good memories from NFL Superbowl, unlike some of them said whatever. I'm not only person that want avoid away from Detroit and some of redevelopment and not my type to live. Sweethheart, what's your positive about Detroit? We are respect your negative then how about positive?

I'm gonna not argue and that's my opinion, not dissing my opinion...

HI TrippLA, I want you to consider this as a safety video clip because you are so obessed about bad areas etc ..... I want to help you change your focus to a more positive way of focusing on good areas, to think in terms of really good safe places to go to, work and live in so that you really will be safe.

Here is how it works, somebody comes into the wrong neighborhood and then wants to get out of there and sees somebody who is alone and seems harmless enough and they pull into the parking lot to ask for directions on how to get out of the wrong neighborhood then without warning the person giving directions yells and starts an agruement then more people come around then people from afar yell to another people in the neighborhood to come cause trouble and look at this video clip....

It is just not worth it to go in a bad area where people are looking for trouble all the time and they are up to no good.

I do not know where this is in but this can happen anywhere in Detriot or Los Angeles or Charlotte or Miami etc.

Basically any place that has a notorious bad reputation of being known as a very ..... " Bad Place, U.S.A. "

See this digusting video clip of how these people are and notice there are both guys and girls participating in the angry video clip when 2 innocent people just asked for simple directions and would have said Thank you then promptly left the bad area and nothing more.

Please consider this a Safety Video Clip Warning on why it is best to avoid bad people, bad places, bad situations.

Caution: Graphic Violence

http://media.putfile.com/oaktownjustice

racheleggert said:
Minneapolis is worse than St. Paul, but St. Paul do have some areas that are bad like Old Rondo, Westside, by my work.... Eastside is gaining with asian gang, so thats why my grandparents are moving to old folks apartment by my college which is more safer.

I used to live in MN. I lived in Saint Cloud and then in East Bethel, just north of the Twin Cities. Last summer I tried to find a cheap apartment in Minneapolis because I am not a country girl but OMFG....a little shitty room in Minneapolis costs $800 a month, and you do not even get your own bathroom or shower either....the building has one bathroom and one shower that you have to share with the WHOLE BUILDING....ugh. And that was in bad areas, too. I searched the whole damn summer to try to find a decent place to rent (I had lost my apartment in Saint Cloud thanks to a manipulative roommate and her friends and had to go to East Bethel). I finally gave up at end of summer and said FUCK MINNESOTA and saved up money and I just moved to TX in April.

When I moved to Saint Cloud, rent was still affordable. Now I can't even afford nothing in MN no matter how hard I looked.

I now have a nice decent apartment in a decent neighborhood for just $455 and it came with way more stuff than I ever had in MN or WI.

Anyhow, about bad areas, the first time I went to Minneapolis, OMFG I have never seen so many hookers in my whole life. That was on Hennepin. I have seen a lot of hookers before but DAMN....there is so many! :jaw:

And I and my friend went in this little restaurant and this guy came in and started dealing drugs and the owner told him to get out. Geez...

That is sad cause I always thought Minneapolis was a beautiful city with their tall buildings.

TrippLA said:
Most forumers in SSC are agree with me about Rock Hard, interesting attraction and good memories from NFL Superbowl, unlike some of them said whatever. I'm not only person that want avoid away from Detroit and some of redevelopment and not my type to live. Sweethheart, what's your positive about Detroit? We are respect your negative then how about positive?

I'm gonna not argue and that's my opinion, not dissing my opinion...

Here is Sweetheart typing:

Hey TrippLA,

I wish to say something that is postive about Detroit because there's nothing postive about Detroit... :dunno:

Heath said:
Minneapolis has a very big Somalian community straight from Somalia, Africa itself and many of the bad guys commiting crimes in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area are military veterans themselves who have alots of soldier combat experience. Also remember these Somalians are very islamic too. They are very violent probably more than Black Americans who were born here in the USA. I used to see the Somalian women in their traditional garb with their children get on or off the bus sometimes with their husbands. I did not enter the Somalian areas of Minneapolis. That is very good common sense and for your own safety.

Saint Cloud, MN has a large Somalian community too and I never really had a problem with the Somalians.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I used to live in MN. I lived in Saint Cloud and then in East Bethel, just north of the Twin Cities. Last summer I tried to find a cheap apartment in Minneapolis because I am not a country girl but OMFG....a little shitty room in Minneapolis costs $800 a month, and you do not even get your own bathroom or shower either....the building has one bathroom and one shower that you have to share with the WHOLE BUILDING....ugh. And that was in bad areas, too. I searched the whole damn summer to try to find a decent place to rent (I had lost my apartment in Saint Cloud thanks to a manipulative roommate and her friends and had to go to East Bethel). I finally gave up at end of summer and said FUCK MINNESOTA and saved up money and I just moved to TX in April.

When I moved to Saint Cloud, rent was still affordable. Now I can't even afford nothing in MN no matter how hard I looked.

I now have a nice decent apartment in a decent neighborhood for just $455 and it came with way more stuff than I ever had in MN or WI.

Anyhow, about bad areas, the first time I went to Minneapolis, OMFG I have never seen so many hookers in my whole life. That was on Hennepin. I have seen a lot of hookers before but DAMN....there is so many! :jaw:

And I and my friend went in this little restaurant and this guy came in and started dealing drugs and the owner told him to get out. Geez...

That is sad cause I always thought Minneapolis was a beautiful city with their tall buildings.

Texas has brand new apartments going up with everything included and pay low rent maybe 2 or 3 months free rent and in a quiet safe area.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Saint Cloud, MN has a large Somalian community too and I never really had a problem with the Somalians.

I saw some Somailians exchange gunfire in Minneapolis near the conveince store with the police and they were in a very intense gun battle then the police realized they had to adopt more urban military warfare tactics and they finally killed these bad guys off. People inside the resturant across the street where I were. They were screaming and bullets were everywhere and I did not have hearing aids on and I still can hear the bloodcurling screams even today from being in the resturant and the bullets went through the walls right after shattering the glass and we all went to the ground but then we ran right out the door because those Somalians were raking the resturant floor with gunfire from across the street which is a military tactic to make sure no one is in the resturant will shoot back and kill him, which would have made sense during wartime but not during commiting crimes beside it is a waste of ammo and the military only does that if they have plenty of ammo on hand and has a re-supply route made ready for the military and when it was all over. There were policemen laying on the street and they did not allow some of us to get our things from the resturant like purses, baby tote bags for the baby etc. I did not need anything from the resturant but alots of us were exchanging dirty looks with the Somalians because they were laughing and cheering on the dead policemen in the traditional African manner and the police started to fight with them then many of us scattered because gunshots went off and I just left the area right away. They are really no good. I personally don't trust the Somalians. I am sure there are some honest Somalians who do not act like they are up to no good. The another thing is I don't understand, of all places why did they move to Minnesota and many people hate and resent them for that. Many people said if the Somalians moved to a place like Miami then they could understand that but violence is no excuse for their behavior and I agreed with that. I am sure there were dead people in the resturant all because of these Somalians causing trouble all for nothing.

Heath said:
Texas has brand new apartments going up with everything included and pay low rent maybe 2 or 3 months free rent and in a quiet safe area.

Yep. My apartment actually has a dishwasher, and OMFG, central AC....I never had central AC before, only those stupid wall AC units. And there are two pools...totally sweet! And I got a good deal on the rent as well. And oh yeah, I have a fireplace too...first time I ever had one! I was surprised!

Back