Difference between HARD of HEARING and DEAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlleyCat, myself and many others consider you Deaf but we know that it doesn't matter because you are secure with your own identity and don't give a rat's ass what other people think. :deaf::cheers::gpost::h5::smash::wiggle::werd::yesway::hug:

Thank you, Shel.

You all need to go back and re-read the posts: If you are all taking that view that people who use the capital D don't embrace deafness and are not against CI implants, it's not me who has a problem with their deafness.

And: Stop the thread about me.

I was just looking at the pictures on the DeafNation FB page of the Deaf Expo at Gallaudet a few days ago. I see hundreds of people...many with hearing aids, many with CIs, many with no devices. All of them are considered Deaf because it is about a community who share the same language which is ASL. Not about who can hear what and how good one can speak.

If there are Deaf communities in other areas who judge people as whether they are Deaf or deaf based on what they have on their ears, then those Deaf communities are behind the times.

And: Stop the thread about me.

Nobody made this thread about you. Wow ......

I'm sorry you're not liking that your name is mentioned in this thread -- all we're doing is quoting stuff you've written.

Let's take a time out here to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back