Did you have a fascination for cuss words?

No fascination with cuss words. But I've learned a lot of them via my 3 teenagers. I'm constantly on my 19 yr. olds case about his language.....my other 2 boys are not so bad....Is it a losing cause?....I'm not sure!...Hearies speak and use the "F" word all the time, in every sentence...I've met a few deafies that do, and it really turned me off...

I feel it's a lack of intelligence, no reasonable response, so they down-play it with obscene words....thinking/feeling it makes them look "cool"...and they like to see the "response" on ur face....that's my take of it!

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
No fascination with cuss words. But I've learned a lot of them via my 3 teenagers. I'm constantly on my 19 yr. olds case about his language.....my other 2 boys are not so bad....Is it a losing cause?....I'm not sure!...Hearies speak and use the "F" word all the time, in every sentence...I've met a few deafies that do, and it really turned me off...

I feel it's a lack of intelligence, no reasonable response, so they down-play it with obscene words....thinking/feeling it makes them look "cool"...and they like to see the "response" on ur face....that's my take of it!

Probably more to do with frustrations.

Some of the most intelligent people I know swear more than the mainstream. Far as I can tell, it's because they have a lot to vent about because they're frustrated with society.

Excuse me. Hubby and I really were sailors and we didn't cuss. Please refrain from that stereotype. ;)

If you got locked in the brig before Mardi Gras, don't you think you would have cussed? Just a teeny tiny bit? :)

Excuse me. Hubby and I really were sailors and we didn't cuss. Please refrain from that stereotype. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, my mom used to tell me that I curse like a truck driver. :)

Not that I cursed much, but I'd say stuff like "What the hell???" or "That's BS!"

Saying the F word was forbidden growing up. I learned the HARD way.. ouch!

If you got locked in the brig before Mardi Gras, don't you think you would have cussed? Just a teeny tiny bit? :)
Nope.

1. Never needed to be confined to the brig.
2. Never interested in attending Mardi Gras.

:)

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Nope. Not much of a cusser.

Maybe at one point in my life, but if I had, it wasn't for long. I occasionally use profanity should the situation arise that I don't have the time, don't feel like dealing with it and sting the person by the way of wit. Other than that, profanity=dull.

One of my former "English" teacher claimed that a person utilizing "cuss words" shows lack of elementary knowledge of words. Does this assertion seem true?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

One of my former "English" teacher claimed that a person utilizing "cuss words" shows lack of elementary knowledge of words. Does this assertion seem true?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

"@&%#!" yeah! :lol:

Fuck yeah!!!! I also learn cuss words in another languages, including chinese, spanish, french, ASL, etc ;) So I can curse off people I don't like, or whenever I feel like being in a nasty'n joking mood. :P :P

My 5YO taught Sheila how to sign BS over lunch the other day. I wonder how many other words she's acquired that I don't recognize.

My 5YO taught Sheila how to sign BS over lunch the other day. I wonder how many other words she's acquired that I don't recognize.

Heheh, I still wonder where did LiLi learn the word BS, but yo, I'm always up for learning more ;)

When I was in the 6th grade, cussing was more like a stroll on the wild side in a way. We were forbidden to curse, but when no one was looking (or so it was thought), we would blurb a profanity. After a while though it became dull and we were just like meh, they are only words nothing more.

I remember my brother got in deep deep trouble when was 12 when he was playing a video game. He got frustrated, screamed 'Fuck You!' at the TV just as the time my mom stepped out of the shower. She had seen and heard it all. When I saw the look on my mom's face I got out of that house and quick! I went outside to play with the dog. When I got back mom sat me down and very very sternly warned me that if I ever did that, I would suffer same consequences. My brother was grounded for a week, had his TV and game console taken away (I got to have it for a week as I did not have a TV or a game console) and he also got five licks with the belt every night for the entire week from my dad. :shock:

That's all it took for me to learn to never utter a foul word or gesture around my mother. I was only 9 or 10 at the time.

I've never felt comfortable with swearing, and it's never been part of my vocabulary. I don't recall any of my school friends swearing or using vulgar language. When I went to high school for a year in San Diego, I did hear some girls using the term "bitchin'" to mean "cool."

I am an avid user of foul language. I cuss probably more than any girl should (classy right?) However, I always use my manners and watch my mouth when the situation calls for it.
As a child I liked cuss words and giggled when I heard them, and as an adult, I can use them and still giggle on the inside.
When I first started learning sign language I had an awesome teacher who gave in to my curiosity of foul language in sign. She has taught me a lot of curse words in sign and I'm glad because it really enhances my personality when I can use those words when signing so the person can really get a feel for what I mean. Of course it depends on the context of the conversation.:P

When I was in the 6th grade, cussing was more like a stroll on the wild side in a way. We were forbidden to curse, but when no one was looking (or so it was thought), we would blurb a profanity. After a while though it became dull and we were just like meh, they are only words nothing more.

I remember my brother got in deep deep trouble when was 12 when he was playing a video game. He got frustrated, screamed 'Fuck You!' at the TV just as the time my mom stepped out of the shower. She had seen and heard it all. When I saw the look on my mom's face I got out of that house and quick! I went outside to play with the dog. When I got back mom sat me down and very very sternly warned me that if I ever did that, I would suffer same consequences. My brother was grounded for a week, had his TV and game console taken away (I got to have it for a week as I did not have a TV or a game console) and he also got five licks with the belt every night for the entire week from my dad. :shock:

That's all it took for me to learn to never utter a foul word or gesture around my mother. I was only 9 or 10 at the time.
:lol:

I... cussed at times when with my friends, especially in high school and at a friend's house, but around my family, almost never and if I did, it was because I was very pissed. When at school, you had to swear at least a bit to blend in a convo and I never liked that.

"Dude did you do hear about the fight? This one kid fucking beat the shit ou-!!"

*rolls eyes* "Oh m- what? which kid? Oh that frea-fucking kid..." something along the line.

meh. just words, but I feel you gotta swear every once in a while so that the convo wouldn't be dull, which is ridiculous. maybe it's just me... :squint:

Back