Did you have a fascination for cuss words?

Firebrand

Reaction score
When I was six years old I made up a word that happened to be a cuss word, and my parents tried to get me stop saying it. I would say it over and over. LOL. :giggle:

It was such a weird paradox for me because all the adults were bending their backs to get me to learn how to speak. Of course, I didn't become a cuss word hellion.

:devil:

When I was growing up, I had thought "weird" was a cuss word. I used to say "weird" or "weirdo" over and over again. LOL. It was hilarious looking back on it. My aunt always teased me about that.

I secretly liked using the word "shyt," which was my very first cuss word. It was my favorite while I was growing up. Hee hee. :naughty: What can I say about that?

Did you have a similar fascination with cuss words while growing up?

No, I was never interested in using curse words but I'm hearing, so maybe it's a different perspective. :dunno:

All I do remmy (growing up) was saying a lot of "Wellll, I'll be a monkey's Uncle"... shyt was common, but otherwise, my very strict mother could hear a pin drop, and I got my hinny paddled a lot. Dislike profane language, and avoid those who can't speak a sentence without using the "F" word, or the "G.D." word...."dammit" isn't too bad, but leave God out of it.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Not intentionally. I was told my parents friends tried to have me say "truck" which I was playing with at the time. I ended up pronouncing it to sound like "schmuck", and that is what I called everyone that tried to converse with me. It was brief, but really amusing to the military unit my dad was assigned to. LOL Later in the 90's, I saw a Sienfeld episode performing the very same thing I did, :shock: except I was little older at 2 years of age.

well, I do using foul languages when I was extremely angry or piss off.

Hmmmm...... I guess it was just the forbidden fruit thing and I was such a mischief. Of course, a mischief who was afraid of punishment. Growing up having my mischievous side suppressed is not my idea of how a kid should grow up. lol.

When I was a teenager I did go through a stage using cuss words to seem cool but I got tired of it. It was just too much work and I always felt negative inside. I say them every now and then but do try to refrain from using them at all.

My mother told me that the word "Lie" was a very bad word in her family, and her father would punish them for saying it. They were taught to say fib instead.

My mother put a bar of soap in my mouth (for a second) for saying the "f" word that rhymes with rag. I said it because I was trying to get an reaction out of her (after she told my brother to stop), she warned me, but I didn't think she was serious... and boy, was she serious. But she is right , cuss and negative words are hurtful and disrespectful words.

I use to tell my dad a joke and he would crack up laughing as I was so young
and had no idea it was a dirty joke! The joke was something like " What did
Popeyes do when he burn his tumb, he stuck it in Olive!" I have no idea where or how I heard the joke as I did was not either wearing a hearding aid yet! But my dad would die laughing evey time I told it to him!

my family loves dirty jokes as well. That's all they do really. Even I tell them, and it is hard to break the old habit.

I like using swear words for emphasis every now and then. Just like everything they have a time and place, and when it's the right time and place, I like to use them.

I never really cussed when I was a kid. I started cussing more often when I was 15 years old because I had a couple of friends who were always telling jokes with cuss words. We would joke a lot about it. When I turned 18, it became overrated and I toned down on the cussing. I still cuss, but when it makes sense or at reasonable times... not at pointless or inappropriate times.

There are often times when I will attend deaf socials and some deafies will swear like it's expected from them.

For instance, someone tells me something that's so shocking... I'll say, "What the fuck?"

I saw someone else say something like, "What the fuck? That's so fucking cool. Damn. Fuck. Shit. That's fucking amazing. I never knew that fucking thing could happen from a fucker like that. Fuck. Damn. Shit."

Okay, that reply was overkill.

Even if I ask them why they said it like that, they say... "Umm, that's what everyone does." :roll:

I use to tell my dad a joke and he would crack up laughing as I was so young
and had no idea it was a dirty joke! The joke was something like " What did
Popeyes do when he burn his tumb, he stuck it in Olive!" I have no idea where or how I heard the joke as I did was not either wearing a hearding aid yet! But my dad would die laughing evey time I told it to him!

:rofl2: That is a funny one!

I never really cussed when I was a kid. I started cussing more often when I was 15 years old because I had a couple of friends who were always telling jokes with cuss words. We would joke a lot about it. When I turned 18, it became overrated and I toned down on the cussing. I still cuss, but when it makes sense or at reasonable times... not at pointless or inappropriate times.

There are often times when I will attend deaf socials and some deafies will swear like it's expected from them.

For instance, someone tells me something that's so shocking... I'll say, "What the fuck?"

I saw someone else say something like, "What the fuck? That's so fucking cool. Damn. Fuck. Shit. That's fucking amazing. I never knew that fucking thing could happen from a fucker like that. Fuck. Damn. Shit."

Okay, that reply was overkill.

Even if I ask them why they said it like that, they say... "Umm, that's what everyone does." :roll:

:rofl2: That's so funny, Vampyrox! I never really cussed like that my whole life, though. But one time, I was waking up from anesthesia from my knee surgery in the summer of 2000, my tongue was so loose like that. I didn't realize that I was cussing in every sentence until my mom mentioned what I was doing. I was like, "Oops. Hey nurses, sorry about all that cussing." And a nurse replied, and my mom told me, that they hear everything when people come out of anesthesia.

I think on the day of Sept. 11, 2001, I cussed more than I ever had in my life, though.

My little brother asked me on his 6th birthday if he was old enough to cuss now. I said NO! Now he is 11 and has quite a dirty mouth!
My friends deaf sonwas trying to tell us that another kid on the playground hurt his finger and was bleeding and he ran around holding his middle finger up and signing blood lol.
My ex never mentioned cussing as a kid but she would talk about listening to dirty music in the car being a HOH kid with deaf parents.

Yes, I did have a fascination with swear words, but not a huge one. My parents are pretty liberal with throwing around swear words at home - especially when dad's trying to fix one of our computers or electronics in general - he can get pretty mad at those, LOL.

I think I started swearing when I was about 12 years old... I don't remember getting in any real trouble with adults so I must have known when I could swear and when I shouldn't! I swear a lot, even today... but only with friends I know won't mind or do the same things themselves. I'm all about respect ... if someone prefers not to have foul language, I'll do my best to self-edit.

I remember reading a study where they found that people that swore more frequently were less stressed than those who didn't swear at all. Must explain why so many people say I'm one of the most laid-back and stress-free people they know! haha. I need to go find that study...I don't even know if it was a serious academic study or just one of these things people print to get into the news.

Back