Votes: 2 12.5%
  • USPS, US Postal Service

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • other delivery service?

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

HeartGirl

Reaction score
Sometimes I get pissed off with Delivery Service such as UPS and Fed Ex...
they damaged my stuff. Sometimes my packages get here so late, I paid
for next day delivery. So I go ahead and pay regular slow poke USPS,
because I know they take their time and are so careful with my packages.
So why rush?

I have never had any problem with UPS or FedEx. USPS is OK.

I like the UPS tracking system best.

I dont have a problem at all. I do get alot of package. I love it. Anyone care to send me anything good?? :rofl:

If you've never had problems before with either company, you're lucky. I worked for UPS for a year. I've seen what happens to those packages.

As far as preference, I've always liked UPS. Not because of loyalty to a former employer, but because I've always had quicker and better service, and never had a reason to not use them.

Does not matter which carrier anyway. Reason: all workers are paid at insane low wages, do them worker cares? Sure I have seen damages, even heard few of employees at carrier saying that they don't give damn because of low pay and supervisors pushes them and rush rush rush them. It does not matter which one slow or overnight express!!!
At first, my friend don't believe me at all. Then he got job at FedEX ground. a week or two later he came to me and said "Your RIGHT!" I said why am I right? He said that he work at FedEX and realize how ruthless the boss was and was pushing him. He needed second hand, but nobody cares so he said fine! pull the box and let it fall on the floor and drag it. he knew it was huge computer monitor!!! Damage? he don't know because he was not allowed to open the package. So he just go on and quit worry about it.
Point here is, employees are required to move X number of package in 8 hour shift! Say they require to move 2,000 package in an hour... That is ALOT and this employee don't have time to be too careful.
Plus my dad works for one of these carrier and told me, they are just ruthless and they are in for competition that is all.

diehardbiker65 said:
Does not matter which carrier anyway. Reason: all workers are paid at insane low wages, do them worker cares? Sure I have seen damages, even heard few of employees at carrier saying that they don't give damn because of low pay and supervisors pushes them and rush rush rush them. It does not matter which one slow or overnight express!!!
At first, my friend don't believe me at all. Then he got job at FedEX ground. a week or two later he came to me and said "Your RIGHT!" I said why am I right? He said that he work at FedEX and realize how ruthless the boss was and was pushing him. He needed second hand, but nobody cares so he said fine! pull the box and let it fall on the floor and drag it. he knew it was huge computer monitor!!! Damage? he don't know because he was not allowed to open the package. So he just go on and quit worry about it.
Point here is, employees are required to move X number of package in 8 hour shift! Say they require to move 2,000 package in an hour... That is ALOT and this employee don't have time to be too careful.
Plus my dad works for one of these carrier and told me, they are just ruthless and they are in for competition that is all.

This is a disrespectful and sort of revenage.

They should be glad to have job. An employer and employee are supposing to solve their problem themselves, not anger on any customers.

I never have problem with UPS and post services.

diehardbiker65 said:

So, it's their job to be sure ALL packages are handles with caution otherwise, they're responsible for each packages they damaged....

-------------

I like UPS better and I did had one problem with them when I got a wedding package that had glass bowl in it, all of it broke, so I had go to UPS and filed a complaintment.. They paid for the damaged for whatever they thought it was worth and I was fine with it...

When they see a warning stamp that say " Glass " on it, that means they have to be caution when moving and delivery packages so nothing breaks...

Liebling:-))) said:
They should be glad to have job. An employer and employee are supposing to solve their problem themselves, not anger on any customers.

Right, if they don't like the job, they can always leave and find another one....

next time write on package "fraglic", they would not be mess w/ it. The worst holiday will might a good chance to destroy them. Well, i have no plm but 2 times they lost my package in UPS, but good thing cover insurance for that and give me other one. I like DNL (other delivery too), very fast and neatly!

I know! FedEx, and UPS always have high turnovers, what they means is that they hire somebody and very good chance they'd quit, so they have to hire another replacement very frequently! Same with UPS. Friend of mine works there for 2 years, told me that he often seens somebody got hired and walks off in just an hour!!! That is because they can NOT handle large volume of boxes in limited time. It is not about employee not respectful, it is about HOW the company treats employees. They EXPECTS them to do more than what their physically able to handle.

That is part reason why I refused to work there, too much for me and they'd kill my back. NO THANKS!

You can try apply and get hire there and see for yourself. $7.50 an hour of slave labor, worth it?

Liebling:-))) said:
This is a disrespectful and sort of revenage.

I never have problem with UPS and post services.

Sure but the chance of them handles with care is very slim! Rarely you'd find them carefully, that is because at that time there might be very low shippment flow. How often? VERY RARE! Don't expect them to be carefully during holidays! My friend who works there have seen and done himself throwing boxes even with label says "fraigle, handle with care!" To them it is meaningless because they will never have to face customers! So they don't give damn, and let the company deal with it themselves.

So the trick I suggest everybody is to pack it properly and treat it as if it is throwable package. I know how to pack properly and never had problem even if outside package was smashed.

^Angel^ said:
So, it's their job to be sure ALL packages are handles with caution otherwise, they're responsible for each packages they damaged....

These labels won't help much. But very good idea having insurance on these shippment. DHL is alrighty, and it is German owned. They were formerly known as Airborne express, bought by Germany government.

SherryCherish said:
next time write on package "fraglic", they would not be mess w/ it. The worst holiday will might a good chance to destroy them. Well, i have no plm but 2 times they lost my package in UPS, but good thing cover insurance for that and give me other one. I like DNL (other delivery too), very fast and neatly!

I had no problems with UPS or federal express. They do have insurance so if they lost ur package or damage your package they will pay for it. But that's only if you accept their insurance, some UPS charge you insurance anyway it depends what store you go to. :thumb:

I use FEDEX and UPS... that's all in my homearea... always remind them... "fragile" prefer coverage insurance which is the best. If break.. Insurance may coverage it.. Does person paid for insurance coverage the package ? IF not... then major problem!

I don't know how can I say more further....

I received VP by fedex shppment from singapore.. I paid for insurance coverage which reason to prevent break.. They'll look into the word "FRAGILE" and read insurance coverage.. Co-worker will not going break this.. Do you know why, They afraid pay their own expense if break it... (wise)

DHB, I think you're a little misinformed. UPS is one of the best possible companies to work for. They're wages start at $8.50, not $7.50, and they have an outstanding benefits package, and generous yearly wages. The turnover rate is actually below average. When I worked as a supervisor, we were expected to focus on retention and we were held responsible for employees that quit or were fired. The Teamsters labor union is one of the best labor unions when it comes to employee interests and protection. There were tenured employees there whom worked for me that made much more than I did. I've heard Fed Ex is along the same lines. I know their wages start at $10.50 and they offer a slightly less attractive benefits package. I've also been told they do not have a labor union. But to say these employees are paid low wages is ridiculous. Its not the most glamerous job, but there were people there who easily made a living off of it, and even a carreer. Not to even mention that UPS's college tuition reimbursement program is very good, too.

Here is a link to help spread a little more light:
http://pressroom.ups.com/mediakits/humanresources/frontpage/

I think the question of which company is the best in terms of all-round service to the consumer might lie in your locale. I am in a fairly populous area of southerrn Calif and I like all of the carriers, based only on my experience as a consumer.

I called 1 800 Flowers... to send some mini roses plant
for my mom. They used Fed Ex to deliver them...
I paid for 7 to 10 days delivery. When Fed Ex delivered my plant.
The mini roses plant was in a box!!! :shock:
They didn't even rang the doorbell, they just dropped it off...
Noooo they shouldn't put plant in box... OMG!!!
I don't know how long that plant been in the box without any sun...
But that plant died the next day.... :tears:

Back