Deleting Posts?

K

kuifje75

Deleting Posts

@ Defee: To delete posts, just click "edit" and then it will give you the option to delete the post. But I did it for you already :) Take care

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thank you! Kuifje! Well, thats odd cuz i did click the "edit" button but i didnt see no option to delete button..mmm thats strange..oh well maybe im
blind haha..thanks again!

Defee said:
Oh thank you! Kuifje! Well, thats odd cuz i did click the "edit" button but i didnt see no option to delete button..mmm thats strange
Interesting to know you had this problem, it had happen to me the other day, I cannot deleted it and asked MOD to do it for me instead!!

(the homosexual slangs--->)This website sucks... I don't really encounter these terminlogies in present-day homosexual world. I think a lot of these terms are outdated.

PS: Apparently it seems that members of Alldeaf can't delete their posts anymore. I find that to be stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
kuifje75 said:
This website sucks... I don't really encounter these terminlogies in present-day homosexual world. I think a lot of these terms are outdated.

PS: Apparently it seems that members can't delete their posts anymore. I find that to be stupid.
Yeah i know! in the other forum, i can delete my own posts if i want to, i didnt have to get mods to do it for me..so that sucks if we cant do that here!

hmm...I've never had any trouble deleting my own posts -- is it a temporary glitch that I'm not seeing? :dunno:

Hmm..just did the 'edit' thing and you're right -- couldn't find a place where I could delete it...strange. I guess there's a glitch somewhere on the database...

ALEX?! MODS? Will anyone look into this? :) Ta :wave:

Posts cannot be deleted. If you need to delete a post, you will have to ask a moderator. If you have problems, you can PM Alex, me, or another moderator.

Whilst my membership with Alldeaf as a regular member was a very short one (2 or 3 months before I became a moderator), I thought that regular members had the ability to delete posts if the posts were theirs. In the other forums, it is possible. HOWEVER, if someone posted AFTER you, then you lose that deleting ability.

kuifje75 said:
Whilst my membership with Alldeaf as a regular member was a very short one (2 or 3 months before I became a moderator), I thought that regular members had the ability to delete posts if the posts were theirs. In the other forums, it is possible. HOWEVER, if someone posted AFTER you, then you lose that deleting ability.

Kootchie, I completely concur that we members had the deleting ability for a while... but lately it seems that I can't delete my posts either.

Vamp, it is apparent that you seem to have some information regarding this. Why do we have to ask moderators to delete our own posts?

Kootchie, I think you're a great moderator. Keep up the fine job! If AD loses you as a mod, it is a tragedy for sure! I wish more people saw you as I see you. Which is a :crazy: guy.. just kidding! Luff ya! :D

Liza -- i agree on why we haveta ask a mod *sigh*

Alex and the mods: i think we should have that capability back so we can delete our post only and not be burdening on u moderators to be doing that for us -- as for the starting of a thread then deleting the whole thread might be a different issue to discuss due to other ppl's posts also being on that thread

hope we find a solution on this issue -- i thought it was working well before with our own choices of leaving our post alone or just deleting in part or in its entirety

Oh, remember SilenceGold? He got mad at us and started deleting all of his posts. I think you should reconsider, and let the mods do the deleting.

Fly Free said:
Liza -- i agree on why we haveta ask a mod *sigh*

Alex and the mods: i think we should have that capability back so we can delete our post only and not be burdening on u moderators to be doing that for us -- as for the starting of a thread then deleting the whole thread might be a different issue to discuss due to other ppl's posts also being on that thread

hope we find a solution on this issue -- i thought it was working well before with our own choices of leaving our post alone or just deleting in part or in its entirety

:werd: just to relief from too much work burden on
these moderators....

Want Deleting Post buttom back!! Mods cannot be AD like 24/7. They have their lives to do between real life and internet.

Deaf258 said:
Oh, remember SilenceGold? He got mad at us and started deleting all of his posts. I think you should reconsider, and let the mods do the deleting.

yes i do indeed remmy him Deaf258 but they were HIS own posts not the other ppl's posts and if threads were started by him we can always start up another one -- i just think that its better that we have the opportunity to be able to delete OUR own posts and not be burdening the moderators and like Lasza has mentioned and shes right -- not all the mods are able to be here on AD 24/7 as they DO have IRL things they do -- school/work and other activities not just AD

I understand that, but it would be a big mess if a user gets mad at AD and delete all his/her own posts?

I would rather have my ablity to delete a post and not have to PM a mod or Alex for this ablity cuz some wordings might be messed up or i posted it in the wrong place or whatsoever and having them do the work is like we're lazy bums and they do the dirty deeds. not fair i would like the deleting post ablity back!

Deaf258 its not the OTHER members wanting to delete ALL of thier posts its only in its best intrest as US the members NOT abt anyone else reason being??? we move on and dont worry abt thier deleting posts, just worry abt OUR OWN POSTING that needs to be deleted upon OUR own reasons. :)

A member’s ability to delete his or her own posts disappeared about a week ago with no explanation. It would be nice to have it back. I’ve used it several times to clean up my old posts. It’s particularly useful for eliminating outdated information in the Deaf Events & Meets topic. I’ve also used it when I’ve started a thread and realized that somebody else has just started a thread on the same subject.

Some of you are theorizing that it was deliberately removed because there was a possibility of abuse. If this is the case, why not simply modify the feature such that it can only be used a finite number of times within a given time period, such as twice a month? I’ve been a member here for about 6 months, and I’ve used it about a dozen times, so that would seem to be about right.

Last edited:
Deaf258 said:
I understand that, but it would be a big mess if a user gets mad at AD and delete all his/her own posts?

granted yea it could become a mess but hell the mess can be cleared up by simply starting a new thread and ignore the user and let him/her/them delete their own posts -- that would have been what i would do

im sure Alex and the mods along with us members here on AD can throw in some ideas and maybe we might come up with the best possible solution and try that out to see if it works well and if not im sure we can try another method

Back