Definition of "book learning"

The only reason why we even questioned Koko's claims was because his posts were inconsistent with his claims.
I've noticed the same about other posters, too, but I haven't seen any grilling of them.

"Such a claim" as what?

background, career, certificate, or any credential-related. in forum debate - lot of people asserted their expertise and qualification to establish themselves as authoritative source.

background, career, certificate, or any credential-related. in forum debate - lot of people asserted their expertise and qualification to establish themselves as authoritative source.
Yes, that's right. Did other posters demand that they all prove their assertions?

Yes, that's right. Did other posters demand that they all prove their assertions?

kokonut made a claim. the ADers questioned it. kokonut offered a proof. game's over. that's all.

I'm not buying that. I think it's all about who's a popular target, and who enjoys belittling the opposition.

I don't deny that may have contribute to this silly farce :lol:

I own up.

Posts from Hell owned up.

We're even.

Call it a "book of learning" experience here.

Reba is right, to a large degree, folks. However, if Jiro claimed he can play the piano, did any of us requested proof? Or say he has a degree, did we request proof of that? How many people in here actually submitted any kind of proof to back up any of their claims? Or have others claim to be going to an university working on a doctorate, did we request proof of that? It'd be pretty hypocritical to say that it'd be required but ignore other people's claims rather than how it was presented.

Posts from Hell was gracious in doing what he did on a public forum. It wasn't necessary and he could have done it privately and show the pictures to me if he had a choice. But he didn't. And I thank him for honoring his words.

I own up.

Posts from Hell owned up.

We're even.

Call it a "book of learning" experience here.

Reba is right, to a large degree, folks. However, if Jiro claimed he can play the piano, did any of us requested proof? Or say he has a degree, did we request proof of that? How many people in here actually submitted any kind of proof to back up any of their claims? Or have others claim to be going to an university working on a doctorate, did we request proof of that? It'd be pretty hypocritical to say that it'd be required but ignore other people's claims rather than how it was presented.

Posts from Hell was gracious in doing what he did on a public forum. It wasn't necessary and he could have done it privately and show the pictures to me if he had a choice. But he didn't. And I thank him for honoring his words.

hey don't try to weasel your way out. You were in it too. :nono:

like what PFH said - it's all about how you present yourself. I did my part and I haven't given them reason to question my credibility.

:lol:

Sometimes I am not even sure if it's because people enjoy doing that... or it's because people post too much.

Well, I think it's because Koko was rather loud about his claims and posted too much in this case. It didn't help he made a lot of enemies here.

Back