Deep Fried

Let's make some dinner! :D

Love lobster and shrimp, especially scampi. I always pass on the fish.

I went on a trip to San Antonio Texas once, there was a bar/grill across from the hotel. They had this massive order of shrimp scampi for $5, I ordered that every night when I got back to the hotel either for dinner or a snack. My aunt said I was gonna turn into a shrimp because I ate so much of it, seafood was cheap there and I tore that up everywhere we went, it was seafood this or seafood that... I think I was on a seafood diet? I see food, I ate it !!!!

I've never seen catfish in an ocean. I live in Tennessee so catfish is like a every night dinner here. When my dad was still living, and lived in Southern California, we went to a seafood restaurant. I noticed catfish not on menu. My dad said they didn't have them in California.

It's been a few years since I last had seafood. I'll have to get some again.

I've never seen catfish in an ocean. I live in Tennessee so catfish is like a every night dinner here. When my dad was still living, and lived in Southern California, we went to a seafood restaurant. I noticed catfish not on menu. My dad said they didn't have them in California.

Yeah and those catfish, bullheads, etc can just stay back there! :lol:

Yum! ;)

Lobster-in-Paradise-Paraiso-de-Langosta-2-1024x576.png

I wish I liked seafood because it would add so many choices. I have always hated all seafood. Every once in a while I will eat a tuna fish sandwhich but the tuna can not be refridgerated. Cold tuna is more fishy tasting to me.

Reba and I love catfish. My friend has a boat and the two of us go to Lake Moultrie, the largest lake in SC and sometimes the Cooper River near Charleston.

We catch more blues than any other variety. Years ago our grandson caught a 44 lb flathead in the lake.

We usually pay a man to filet them on shore. When we get home, I cut the filets into chunks. Rolled into a batter of Old Bay seafood seasoning and a little pepper and dropped into my deep fryer out in the yard until golden brown. Peanut oil is best, just like deep frying a turkey.

Last edited:
Reba and I love catfish. My friend has a boat and the two of us go to Lake Moultrie, the largest lake in SC and sometimes the Cooper River near Charleston.

We catch more blues than any other variety. Years ago our grandson caught a 44 lb flathead in the lake.

We usually pay a man to filet them on shore. When we get home, I cut the filets into chunks. Rolled into a batter of Old Bay seafood seasoning and a little pepper and dropped into my deep fryer out in the yard until golden brown. Peanut oil is best, just like deep frying a turkey.

That sounds delicious. You know, the State recently released 30,000 catfish for the Chicago and Little Calmuet Rivers not long ago. Maybe I should try my hand at getting one.

Here's the website, and they're saying that they will eventually release 100,000 catfish.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140610/news/140619939/

I wish I liked seafood because it would add so many choices. I have always hated all seafood. Every once in a while I will eat a tuna fish sandwhich but the tuna can not be refridgerated. Cold tuna is more fishy tasting to me.

I love shrimp, but I REALLY want to try lobster. I've never had it, but I have had crab, and it was pretty good. I wanna be able to dunk lobster in butter someday :D

What I REALLY wanna do is land one of these:

050302_lobster.jpg

Now that would make a good meal.

Not a deep fried.. but this looks good! ;)

Disney%2048.jpg

How about trying to catch one of these monster catfish?

giant-catfish8.jpg

Now that would be epic.

Some of these pics are going to give me nightmares tonight. I just know it. (Looks up therapist's number again.)

Back