Decision is Made

Amazing what people assume.. and dump on a messageboard... (and underline it to make sure it becomes their truth.)

Not to mention bringing up something completely off topic and trying to make it apply to what I was making mention of. Being laid off is entirely circumstantial and doesn't accurately convey the true nature of insurance coverage for the CI or HA in this country. Certainly, if one was laid off, it's possible that they may qualify for medicaid and other benefits; but the person has to look into it to find out if they qualify.

It's absolutely true that not every insurance will pay for the CI; especially for adults. However, there are ways to get an insurance company or medicaid to compel them to pay for the device. There are also other means to obtain HAs. It's not as hopeless as some would want us to believe. If it were, almost NOBODY would be wearing devices.

No you haven't.. You are still bitter about YOU not getting your free CI, so that you take it out on others....

So.. give it a rest...
May I remind you this is not a FIGHT CLUB thread, normal rules apply here. This post is reported as purely insulting, not adding anything, and breaking a few other rules about discussing CI.

May I remind you this is not a FIGHT CLUB thread, normal rules apply here. This post is reported as purely insulting, not adding anything, and breaking a few other rules about discussing CI.
Flip, you are absolutely correct. My mistake and therefore my sincere apologies.. especially towards saywhatkid.
Saywhatkid: my apologies for that post.

Flip, tell me. What is your background.?
Are you deaf? Deaf? Are you interested in a CI, but cannot obtain one? Not interested?
"BILATERAL SILENCE ACTIVATED 12/11-2010" .. does that mean you lost your hearing, or does it mean you actively decided not to use NA or CI??
Would be interested to get some background before discussing CI further on this (or any other) thread..

Last edited:
No you haven't.. You are still bitter about YOU not getting your free CI, so that you take it out on others....

So.. give it a rest...

you said give it a rest but you still call him something name. what is that? :roll:

Add to edit that cloggy wanted to know which one I was referring to. "HIM aka swk."

Last edited:
you said give it a rest but you still call him something name. what is that? :roll:
Huh.. Where?
You mean calling flip "Flip" or calling saywhatkid "Saywhatkid" ??
You need to be more specific, but pleas send me a PM.. Don't want to go off topic in here...

So.. give it a rest...
HUH??? I don't want one. I play the hand I am dealt. You are the one that cannot imagine life without sounds. I cheerfully accept my situation, and never tried to get implanted. No effort to find insurance by me. Underlined for emphasis.

Enjoy your fight for recognition and respect from members of this site. You have a long battle ahead. None coming from this corner.

Huh.. Where?
You mean calling flip "Flip" or calling saywhatkid "Saywhatkid" ??
You need to be more specific, but pleas send me a PM.. Don't want to go off topic in here...
*shrugs*

HUH??? I don't want one. I play the hand I am dealt. You are the one that cannot imagine life without sounds. I cheerfullly accept my situation, and never tried to get implanted. No effort to find insurance by me. Underlined for emphasis.

Enjoy your fight for recognition and respect from members of this site. You have a long battle ahead. None coming from this corner.

And nothing wrong with either.... We all have to play our cards the best way we see fit. I respect both of your decisions.

And nothing wrong with either.... We all have to play our cards the best way we see fit. I respect both of your decisions.

My mention of the insurance issue was not personal; it was for other deaf adults that might want this device. For them, it is not always a simple matter to get finances for these kinds of things. Many insurance companies won't pay for HA, never mind CI with surgery costs.

My mention of the insurance issue was not personal; it was for other deaf adults that might want this device. For them, it is not always a simple matter to get finances for these kinds of things. Many insurance companies won't pay for HA, never mind CI with surgery costs.

I've never had to deal with that so you would know more than me. I do know in Texas DARS will pay for HAs and CIs.....I don't know what the qualifications are though.

I wish that my insurance can cover HA for free while they can cover CI just 50 percents instead of 80.

I wish they could cover them both 100%.

I have damaged nerves and can't benefit from CI, but I would certainly be happy if I had full coverage for a new hearing aid.

The situation regarding insurance between Hearing Aids and Cochlear Implants is very different. It is true, most insurance policies do not cover hearing aids. Cochlear Implants are another matter. They can be appealed and compelled.

I wish that my insurance can cover HA for free while they can cover CI just 50 percents instead of 80.

The problem with that logic is you don't understand that a HA is simply a crutch with very limited capabilities. It can only amplify sound and can not provide hearing. You hear with what you have.. which in most cases is very little. A CI can provide access to hearing, which in most cases is quite a bit. This is why insurance will cover a CI, but not a hearing aid.

The problem with that logic is you don't understand that a HA is simply a crutch with very limited capabilities. It can only amplify sound and can not provide hearing. You hear with what you have.. which in most cases is very little. A CI can provide access to hearing, which in most cases is quite a bit. This is why insurance will cover a CI, but not a hearing aid.

I know. Like I said before that I wish they could cover HAs that are much cheaper than CI expenses. CI costs pretty high included the expensive device, hosptial and surgery. The more people rely on CI then Bill may put flood insurnace in danger and run out of it while HAs may not. SO, CI is not life threatening. I can understand about the artificial heart or any other things that can be so expensive which is understandable.

Wirelessly posted

BleedingPurist said:

Ummm, not true. I hear and function very well with my hearing aids and my insurance paid for it. I do not consider my hearing aid a crutch. I consider it a tool just like some consider a CI a tool.

Wirelessly posted

Ummm, not true. I hear and function very well with my hearing aids and my insurance paid for it. I do not consider my hearing aid a crutch. I consider it a tool just like some consider a CI a tool.

Oh, thanks for pointing the bold word out that i was oversighting. No no it is not a crutch. I am very comfortable with my HA, as well.

Wirelessly posted

And your decibel loss is what?

Back