Death Penalty

Liebling:-))) said:
I rather to see them suffering there than just put them to death like "sleep" after suffered within few to 15 minutes because they deserve to be suffering REST of their life after what they have done to their victims!!!

Yes, I agreed eg, Vet tells us its kind thing to put old or ailing animals to sleep than watch them suffer for the sake of being stay alive, its same as people served in prison for life sentences in HELL!

RedRum said:
The first Jack the Ripper never got caught in Victorian times, the second one is called "Yorkshire Ripper" Peter Sutcliffe got caught during Margaret Thatcher's time.

Yeah, it's correct.
True, I never thought about 1st Ripper in Victorian time because we weren't born at that time. I confused between Jack the Ripper & Yorkshire Ripper because everyone have the habits to call Peter as "Jack the Ripper" because his case is almost compared with 1st one so the medias called him "Yorkshire Ripper" to prevent to being confuse between 1st & 2nd. You would know what I mean when I stated that Dennis followed Peter to there few years later after Peter's arrest during Margaret Thatcher's time & also our time, too. :lol:

Defense attorneys in Scott Peterson's double-murder trial told a judge Tuesday they believe too many prospective jurors already have concluded their client is guilty and, among other possible remedies, may seek a second move for the trial.

It is very difficult evidence if he did murder his wife and unborn son.

A judge rejected John Allen Muhammad insistence of innocence and sentenced him to death Tuesday, saying his actions in the Washington-area sniper shootings were "so vile that they were almost beyond comprehension." Circuit Judge LeRoy F. Millette Jr. also turned aside a plea from Muhammad's lawyers to spare their client's life. He ordered that Muhammad be executed on Oct. 14, but that date likely will be postponed to allow appeals.

Do you feel that John Muhammad and Scott Peterson should have executed ??

Sabrina said:
It is very difficult evidence if he did murder his wife and unborn son.

Do you feel that John Muhammad and Scott Peterson should have executed ??
Yes, if they are found GUILTY by the jury. If they have evidence that they committed murders then they should be executed, not fair to let them live if the victims are no longer alive and no longer enjoy life!

Lasza said:
That's Andrea Yates who murdered her 5 kids. She suffered with kind of mental illness. Really her husband involved, too. Cuz of his lackness support and tried limit the insurance on Yates family. That's why Andrea has very limited or helpless.

I used be 100% suppport for Death Penalty. Now, I am not 100% after I see Tim McVeigh enjoyed rest in peace with limited confession. Wish he didn't die from death penalty quickly. Should giving him life sentence so we can wait till his ultimate confession for why did he murdered 168 people and cause people get more injuried. Felt that death sentence is too easily for Tim McVeigh.

Absolutely, Yates should be Death Penalty. I accused her husband because he did not give her any advocate or suspicious anything of her abnormal behaviors. She should be staying at Psychiatrist Unit instead of stay home with give kids. I still can’t understand why would her husband went to work if he felt something funny with his wife’s mental illness. He should find a way like Day Care or Relatives to take care of five kids while he went to work. It makes me so mad ! I was cried when I saw this on the news T.V. I never forgot this every moment !

According to Tim McVeigh, he should be in cell rest of his life ! He deserved it. He was not really scared with execution. What if he is innocent man ?? As for my humble opinion, yes and no for this country law enforcement have a Death Penalty in several of the States. I think, we should not have a Death Penalty because few years later that person was not murder. That person is innocent as the fingerprinted and DNA sometime made the error.

Sabrina said:
Absolutely, Yates should be Death Penalty. I accused her husband because he did not give her any advocate or suspicious anything of her abnormal behaviors. She should be staying at Psychiatrist Unit instead of stay home with give kids. I still can’t understand why would her husband went to work if he felt something funny with his wife’s mental illness. He should find a way like Day Care or Relatives to take care of five kids while he went to work. It makes me so mad ! I was cried when I saw this on the news T.V. I never forgot this every moment !

According to Tim McVeigh, he should be in cell rest of his life ! He deserved it. He was not really scared with execution. What if he is innocent man ?? As for my humble opinion, yes and no for this country law enforcement have a Death Penalty in several of the States. I think, we should not have a Death Penalty because few years later that person was not murder. That person is innocent as the fingerprinted and DNA sometime made the error.
Tim McVeigh is not INNOCENT!! There was a lot of evidence that put him there at the bombing of Murrah building in Oklahoma City..there was proof!
so he was GUILTY! This sicko killed 168 people including innocent children who had a future ahead of them but this sicko ripped them of their future by killing these poor kids. So he deserved to put to death! and he is gone, probably to hell!

Lasza said:
Remmy, State of Wisconsin don't have any death penalty at all. Same with Maine and several.
Well, weird thing is... Minnesota don't allow Death Penalty.. but they're thinking of execution a Sex offender and murder of Dru Sjion. under federal court..

DeafSCUBA98 said:
Well, weird thing is... Minnesota don't allow Death Penalty.. but they're thinking of execution a Sex offender and murder of Dru Sjion. under federal court..

Yes, I heard about Dru Sjion. She's so beautiful but died so young. Her killer deserves to have death penalty from Federal court. Thanks for added the comment that which I didn't know.

Defee said:
Tim McVeigh is not INNOCENT!! There was a lot of evidence that put him there at the bombing of Murrah building in Oklahoma City..there was proof!
so he was GUILTY! This sicko killed 168 people including innocent children who had a future ahead of them but this sicko ripped them of their future by killing these poor kids. So he deserved to put to death! and he is gone, probably to hell!

yes, I know he is pathetic and pscyho... My point is... we need to find out, who else worked with him ?? There are more than one person did bomb the building in Oklahoma City last April 19, 1996.

Sabrina said:
yes, I know he is pathetic and pscyho... My point is... we need to find out, who else worked with him ?? There are more than one person did bomb the building in Oklahoma City last April 19, 1996.

Sabrina -- Terry Nichols is now on trial in regards to the OKC bombing and hes the accused co-conspirator

VamPyroX said:
Nah, they should be put to death the same way they committed the murders! If a guy raped someone to death... have a bunch of gay musclemen rape that guy to death! If a guy shot someone, they should shoot him until he dies. The punishment should fit the crime!

I concur with you, Vampy -- the punishment SHOULD fit the CRIME that was committed!

Interesting, I found it from other forum.

The Death Penalty is Expensive

Capital punishment is a far more expensive system than one whose maximum penalty is life in prison.

- A New York study estimated the cost of an execution at three times that of life imprisonment.
- In Florida, each execution costs the state $3.2 million, compared to $600,000 for life imprisonment.
- Studies in California, Kansas, Maryland, and North Carolina all have concluded that capital punishment is far more expensive than keeping someone in prison for life.
The greatest costs of the death penalty are incurred prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings. Even if all post-conviction proceedings were abolished, the death penalty system would still be more expensive than alternative sentences.

- Under a death penalty system, trials have two separate phases (conviction and sentencing); they are typically preceded by special motions and extra jury selection questioning.
- More investigative costs are generally incurred in capital cases, particularly by the prosecution.
- When death penalty trials result in a verdict less than death or are reversed, the taxpayer first incurs all the extra costs of capital pretrial and trial proceedings and must then also pay either for the cost of incarcerating the prisoner for life or the costs of a retrial (which often leads to a life sentence).
The death penalty diverts resources from genuine crime control measures. Spending money on the death penalty system means:

- Taking it away from existing components of the criminal justice system, such as prosecutions of drug crimes, domestic violence, and child
- Reducing the resources states put into crime prevention, education and rehabilitation, investigative resources, and drug treatment programs.

"Elimination of the death penalty would result in a net savings to the state of at least several tens of millions of dollars annually, and a net savings to local governments in the millions to tens of millions of dollars on a statewide basis." –Joint Legislative Budget Committee of the California Legislature, Sept. 9, 1999

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/cost.html

I don't like this death penalty at all. I don't know why how I feel about them. I know many of bad guy all of criminal time. Well, I am not judge. But, God judgement at who bad guy for all a time. If they get break the law. I can cause happen that God knew everything happen in the world. But, I don't like this death penalty either. I don't know why the state of Attorny think want to get death penalty. But, we do not responable for them. If the bad guy get more worser and worser, if he not sorry anything, then they can be death penalty. If he does sorry. It will not gonna be death penalty. I heard many time in Texas study and I heard many about 200 case was not kill. Because of Judge and Justice was wrong place.

Tim McVeigh! Well, you know why Tim kill the bomb? Well, because of Government not do anything what they has to do for him. Tim was very upset at the Government, because Tim was in army. That is why Tim ask Government. So, Government have to be very careful and warning. That mean Government is big responable and wrongdoing. I hope that Government learning. But, Tim is not good for understand and why he kill 168 people die. I am so sorry to hear about that happen last April 1996.

I have to honestly say I don't really know how I feel about the death penalty anymore. For the most part, I'm for it. I believe there are evil people in this world that DESERVE to die for what they've done to someone, but on the other hand, I can't help but think about the people who were convicted of crimes they didn't do, and were sent to death row because of it; only to be exonerated for that crime a decade or so later. That does happen, but granted, maybe not very often.

Also, what about someone like Scott Peterson? As has already been stated, putting someone like him to death by lethal injection is just TOO easy, imho. Wouldn't it be better if he were made to sit in a cell for the rest of his sorry life, and be made to THINK about what he's done ?

These are things that go through my mind. Where the death penalty is concerned, I really am on the fence. :shrug: I dunno, you guys.

Back