Deafblind Forum?

Hear Again, Yes, we are waiting for Moderator to add Deaf-Blind Sub-forum or forum.

I am all for it! Tactile smile! I set up a DeafBlind group here in AllDeaf but cannot seem to get the jinks out of the board. Help! Smile.

That would be a great addition to AD!

I am all for it! Tactile smile! I set up a DeafBlind group here in AllDeaf but cannot seem to get the jinks out of the board. Help! Smile.

Mrs. Bucket,

So that's what happened. I tried joining your group, but received an error message. I hope you'll let me know when the problem is resolved. Tactile smile! :)

Yes, I have to work on the error message and need to send the mods/admin a PM about this. Tactile smile and have a great day!

I'm all in support for a Deaf/Blind sub-forum in AllDeaf.

However, If we were to establish a Deaf/Blind sub-forum, The question is - How active will it become? What I mean is, If this certain forum exists and for instance, it becomes dormant; How would this sub-forum be kept going? Would it be worth it?

Are there any threads that are related to the Deaf/Blind issues? If so, That would build a case to point out why it is worthy for a Deaf-Blind forum to exist.

I'm all in support for a Deaf/Blind sub-forum in AllDeaf.

However, If we were to establish a Deaf/Blind sub-forum, The question is - How active will it become? What I mean is, If this certain forum exists and for instance, it becomes dormant; How would this sub-forum be kept going? Would it be worth it?

Are there any threads that are related to the Deaf/Blind issues? If so, That would build a case to point out why it is worthy for a Deaf-Blind forum to exist.

If you look, almost all of the deafblindness threads.. are hijacked threads. A thread about TTYs turns into a discussion of a DB accessible mobile phone. A thread about McCains wife's jeans turns into talking about the vOICe, a blindness-related product. The thread about 'does society treat the blind differently' turned into everything from white cane use to guide dogs to the NFB versus other blindness organizations..

I'd say we've proven ourselves to be a very active community within the forums. And I definitely think having a subforum for DB related discussions would bring more activity about DB issues as well as keep everything wrangled in one central location.

If you look, almost all of the deafblindness threads.. are hijacked threads. A thread about TTYs turns into a discussion of a DB accessible mobile phone. A thread about McCains wife's jeans turns into talking about the vOICe, a blindness-related product. The thread about 'does society treat the blind differently' turned into everything from white cane use to guide dogs to the NFB versus other blindness organizations..

I'd say we've proven ourselves to be a very active community within the forums. And I definitely think having a subforum for DB related discussions would bring more activity about DB issues as well as keep everything wrangled in one central location.

Exactly, Aleser.

Also, if you notice under the "Does Society Treat the Blind Differently" thread that almost all of the posters are blind or deafblind.

Also, having a DB forum would allow DBPs (deafblind persons) to discuss various issues including adaptive computer software (such as screen readers, enlargement programs and Braille displays), orientation and mobility issues (asking where one can find O&M services in their area, explaining what the white cane is or how guide dogs work; answering questions about guide dog schools, mobility devices, etc.), discussing access issues related to the NLS (National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped), access/discrimination issues related to the general public/public services/healthcare/academia/employment, discussing conventions for the blind and deafblind, accommodations that are frequently used by DBPs, alternative communication issues, DB legislation, cooking and independent living techniques, state by state DB resources and defining Ushers Syndrome and other conditions that cause deafblindness -- the list of topics that can be discussed is infinite.

Exactly, Aleser.

Also, if you notice under the "Does Society Treat the Blind Differently" thread that almost all of the posters are blind or deafblind.

Also, having a DB forum would allow DBPs (deafblind persons) to discuss various issues including adaptive computer software (such as screen readers, enlargement programs and Braille displays), orientation and mobility issues (asking where one can find O&M services in their area, explaining what the white cane is or how guide dogs work; answering questions about guide dog schools, mobility devices, etc.), discussing access issues related to the NLS (National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped), access/discrimination issues related to the general public/public services/healthcare/academia/employment, discussing conventions for the blind and deafblind, accommodations that are frequently used by DBPs, alternative communication issues, DB legislation, cooking and independent living techniques, state by state DB resources and defining Ushers Syndrome and other conditions that cause deafblindness -- the list of topics that can be discussed is infinite.

I agree!

I myself have lots of questions about the deafblind.

I would like a straight answer without puns and sidetracking.

I know it may be unavoidable at times. But it would be an excellent choice since their is no other true Deaf Blind forumn.

Make a section for DB

If you can make an "Adult" section and a "gay"Section surely you can make a deafblind section.

Last edited:
So Jolie...does this sound doable?

As I mentioned before, I would be happy to moderate.

Back