Deaf student teacher arrested in NY

Ditto.

I've probably seen him around when I was at RIT. :dunno:

*shakes head*

Tsk tsk. Good thing he cannot afford the bail, I'm assuming.

He set him up for destruction because now he'll never teach ever again and face stigma by deaf community and elsewhere.

Wow, this guy used to be a "big name" blogger over at Deafread but hasn't blogged in a while....trying to remember his handle.......

Yeah, and I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him once at Gally after the vlog/blog conference. :roll:

Good illustration of why one should take the word of blogger's with a grain of salt.

Good illustration of why one should take the word of blogger's with a grain of salt.

That seems equivalent to saying all bloggers are child molesters. :confused:

I believe that type of reasoning is either catagorized as "sophism" or "paralogism."

I believe that type of reasoning is either catagorized as "sophism" or "paralogism."

Not at all. It is a reference to the credibility issue. We simply do not know what a blogger's credibility is, and credibility is a concern in the issue at hand, as well. Transference of skills, you know. One who is not credible on one situation is very likely not credible in another.

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:

And that's why I mostly follow webcomics, foodies, technical blogs and travel blogs.

The political and economic ones reveal hypocrisy after awhile-- no matter who it is.

Wirelessly posted

And that's why I mostly follow webcomics, foodies, technical blogs and travel blogs.

The political and economic ones reveal hypocrisy after awhile-- no matter who it is.

I have found that, as well. And with that hypocrisy comes a valid question of credibility.

I love the foodies and the travel blogs, as well. I think food is one of the best ways to experience another culture, and I have never had all the time for travel I would love to have.

Indeed.

"Sophism" - an argument apparently correct in form but actually invalid; especially : such an argument used to deceive

"Paralogism" - 1. (Philosophy / Logic) (Psychology) Logic Psychol an argument that is unintentionally invalid,
2. any invalid argument or conclusion

I have found that, as well. And with that hypocrisy comes a valid question of credibility.

I love the foodies and the travel blogs, as well. I think food is one of the best ways to experience another culture, and I have never had all the time for travel I would love to have.

I chalk it up to that humans are not perfect. I admire anyone that can walk the narrow path and adhere to only one self-described political ideology.

I means... I changed my political stance on Facebook from "libertarian" to "playing in the sandbox." :lol:

Back