Deaf Research Paper Topic

Shit (in a good way), just wow, i feel cheated now, damn education over here SUCKS oh well i gotta to make the most of what i have...id just be a humble brickie...

Real Deaf Geologist - Check
Real Deaf Chemist - Check
Real Deaf Rocket Scientist (And he heads a crew of engineers that builds rockets at SpaceX) - Check
Real Deaf Chef - Plenty of them

Gallaudet has a 'zombie' page up from more than 10 years ago filled with the names of and links to pages about and by deaf scientists. Too bad it isn't updated.

There's also a page on deaf Nobel prize winners.

Harry Lang has written several books cataloguing prominent deaf people.

I'm thinking we have a deaf rocket scientist among our AD members, down in Huntsville, with another in training up at MIT.

Gallaudet has a 'zombie' page up from more than 10 years ago filled with the names of and links to pages about and by deaf scientists. Too bad it isn't updated.

There's also a page on deaf Nobel prize winners.

Harry Lang has written several books cataloguing prominent deaf people.

I'm thinking we have a deaf rocket scientist among our AD members, down in Huntsville, with another in training up at MIT.

Yeah...........

This guy -- completely Deaf to the core. Heads a team of 6 engineers (I think.) directly responsible for the stages of a rocket during it's travel into the outer space. :)

It's pretty cool SpaceX let him have this post.

To add -

A business owner skyrocketing from 0 to 7 digits of profits in two years, servicing the deaf.

What are you surpised about? That there are subcultures in Deaf culture?

I notice research find lots of deaf cultures I research! sound level education!!! I figure out deaf cultures I find out see chance! tough!

Inmate23: I believe there is/were deaf skinheads in VampireFreaks.Com. A group I still belong. Retired deaf goth! Same user name as here.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

yes but I lived (off line in the real world) in that subculture of Deaf community.Now my contact is mostly online or by post

In the quoted post you talk about belonging to an online subculture not living by the principles every second(with someone looking over your shoulder to harshly reprimand you if you stepped out of line)

You are retired medically deaf(doesn't not live in the oral deaf community or Deaf community and seeks out medical situations) goth. Good for you?Why did you retire from the scene? You can answer me in PM if you want.

Is it just me or is anyone else on here tired of people wanting to write papers on us?
yes, I understand it's for a class but...I'm not a lab rat! :)

I think a great topic would be on american sign language and how it was developed and evolved into what it is today vs. topics that make put us into the us vs them catagory. No offense to anyone here but we have sex just like everyone else and go to the movies just like everyone else. The why's and hows...does it matter?

are you hearing-the one writing the paper?

and the post about the different subcultures in the Deaf community is a GREAT topic!
kudos for that one!

I have been " retired" for almost 20 years though not bilateral deaf for that length of time. That happened on December 20, 2006. My deafness as such was easily noticed-absolute silence. No I am not self defined "cultural" deaf-however. Just real/actual.

I personally don't know any deaf skinheads. Haven't even checked with the Ontario Association of the Deaf or Bob Rumball Centre for the Deaf-either. No comment on how interact's with a deaf skinhead within one's surroundings. Also, I am not part of "goth scene" here in Toronto.
I am part of some dance groups here in Toronto.

Just a member of VampireFreaks.com which has almost 2 million members.

Implanted Sunnybrook Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Posted by drphil - an interesting topic for your research-why "many latedeafened persons" get Cochlear Implants and don't "learn" ASL/BSL et al"? A current "battle" between "oral vs cultural"deaf.

Jillio replied - That has been done to death, and the answer is blatantly obvious. And it is not a battle between oral vs signing deaf. Late deafened issues generally are not even a consideration in Deaf Culture.

That has to be one of the lamest assumption in the 21st Century Deaf debates I have ever came across, incredibly dumb.

To add; ask ANY Deaf people, regardless of age, race, class they will immediately reply... "oh, that person is not Deaf, they want CI to hear again, doesnt bother me"...hardly in the (sic) battle at ALL...

I have been " retired" for almost 20 years though not bilateral deaf for that length of time.

I was talking about "how long have you been out goth scene?

No I am not self defined "cultural" deaf-however.Just real/actual.

You are medically and I say again medically deaf which yes is

Just real/actual.

I personally don't know any deaf skinheads. Haven't even checked with the Ontario Association of the Deaf or Bob Rumball Centre for the Deaf-either. No comment on how interact's with a deaf skinhead within one's surroundings.

Normally the last places to look

Also, I am not part of "goth scene" here in Toronto.

Have you ever been part of the goth scene in real life?

I am in real life-all along. I don't identify a computer screen as real life.
I have mentioned before that I don't know ANY persons self described as "goths/skinheads". Yeah possible someone was travelling the TTC subway "labeled goths/skinheads".

inmate23: Hard to be in"goth/skinhead life" if I don't know any? The answer NO! Why: would the local deaf community be the last place to look for deaf skinheads- Wouldn't they "share deaf values"?

Perhaps-that the Ontario Association of the Deaf/Bob Rumball Centre for the Deaf would "know" any Deaf skinheads- if any here in Toronto especially if self described as deaf.

The "skinheads"( not mentioned if deaf re V F) I interacted with- on Vampire Freaks.Com -were in London England. As I recall the discussion-should parents teach their 5 year children their religious values?

Whether somebody disagrees with my actual experience of deafness- not my problem in whatever verbal label assigned . Doesn't change my condition.

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
Write about how the deaf peeps have a tail tucked away in fear of being found out that they are really aliens!

Write about how the deaf peeps have a tail tucked away in fear of being found out that they are really aliens!

Hahaha!! Way back when I used to wear the Third Boob (see my avatar), I used to tell kids sometimes that there was an alien in my hearing aid.

I only got the questions of "Why are you wearing parts to a transistor radio in your ear?" :shock: :laugh2:

How about sex? Unique and interesting topic for most :)

Back