Deaf problem with cashier [comic]

Not everyone can do that ambrosia. Im kinda embarrassed to tell some people I'm deaf. I just try to be normal and try to read lips and guess what youre saying cause i can speak.

But this is the Solution

*nuked*

*nuked*

There should be a law mandatory all grocery stories install self checkout counters. failure to do so is $20,000 a day fine

It means you support to kill the jobs.

Many Americans will be unemployed and torn our country apart.

Not everyone can do that ambrosia. Im kinda embarrassed to tell some people I'm deaf. I just try to be normal and try to read lips and guess what youre saying cause i can speak.

I'm not afraid to tell that I'm deaf or deafblind.

I classified myself as deafblind due to Usher Syndrome Type II, but of course, I can see very well with some retina deterioration.

I can't read lip at all, even can't speak oral language.

Since moving to Texas my favorite place to get food is Which Wich. You go in and a pick a paper sack, there's 10 kinds to choose from Italian, turkey, beef, veggie, seafood etc etc etc. On the bag is different kinds of bread, sizes, cheeses, veggies, condiments etc etc etc. you just check off what you want. They ask if it's for here or to go because they just put it in the bag, you eat where ever. They do ask about drinks, that's it. Very deaf friendly :D you write your name on the bag and they call it out. But I just tell them I'm deaf and stick by the counter and they hand it to me, has been no problem.

Do you feel a lot better to be in Texas over South Carolina?

I also can speak. I'm not embarrassed and with my job I have to tell people. I'm a massage therapist, if I didn't tell them they'd try to talk to me when they're face down in the table. I usually don't tell them until I've already talked to them about their issues, what they need work on, unless they start talking to me while not looking at me.

I spent a weekend with an old friend a few weeks ago and we went out a few times and he asked me why I don't tell people I'm deaf. I do, if starts to be a problem but I don't usually just come right out with it, not out of embarrassment really, it's just like unnecessary sometimes. I don't want to walk around saying, "I'm deaf, look at me" "I'm deaf, look at me". That'd just be annoying.

It means you support to kill the jobs.

Many Americans will be unemployed and torn our country apart.

Then tell me about these
dd6f4c5784819ec7a1ee62ac2a3e74e6.JPG
62032-a7b5c2ed6d80732ca01f4d3d05280985.jpg

handicapped_washroom.jpg

Do they kill jobs or they waste my tax money? Or more B.S reason cops to ticketed you.

I would not to use a self serve checkout in Market Basket b/c they overcharge a lot , sale prices do not show up when checking out . It would be a pain trying to tell a machine that is the wrong price. :giggle:

Then tell me about these

Do they kill jobs or they waste my tax money? Or more B.S reason cops to ticketed you.

They are reasonable accommodation and handicapped parking have been around for long time before ADA law kick in. It don't cost any businesses to have handicapped parking or accommodate for wheelchair.

The computer automation cost a lot of money and it is not reasonable accommodation and it is not covered by ADA law, but paper and pen are reasonable accommodation.

Automation put many employees out of job and all of them don't qualify for welfare. You receive SSDI because you are deaf and other disabilities, but hearing people who lost the job due to automation cannot receive SSDI, is it fair to hearing people.

Also, ADA law exempt small businesses as well.

I don't support automation to replace the cashiers so if you get wrong order - you need discuss with cashier or manager, or your English skill is very poor. I rarely get wrong order if employees can read my note. The automation will still give you a wrong food due to glitches and bugs.

There is rule for you - the technology isn't perfect.

You need to think twice about employees and they need money to survive.

I would not to use a self serve checkout in Market Basket b/c they overcharge a lot , sale prices do not show up when checking out . It would be a pain trying to tell a machine that is the wrong price. :giggle:

I stopped using self checkout after got stopped by loss prevention agent at Walmart and took me to office as he check items and receipt, that humiliated me and let me go after he found that I scanned all items and paid for that.

I rather to have cashier over self checkout.

Nah, not really. A place is a place, I do miss the beach :( I'd rather be in NH.

I heard about Texas could be boring place but I was told that Austin is good for deafblind after Seattle and DC.

They are reasonable accommodation and handicapped parking have been around for long time before ADA law kick in. It don't cost any businesses to have handicapped parking or accommodate for wheelchair.

The computer automation cost a lot of money and it is not reasonable accommodation and it is not covered by ADA law, but paper and pen are reasonable accommodation.

Automation put many employees out of job and all of them don't qualify for welfare. You receive SSDI because you are deaf and other disabilities, but hearing people who lost the job due to automation cannot receive SSDI, is it fair to hearing people.

Also, ADA law exempt small businesses as well.

I don't support automation to replace the cashiers so if you get wrong order - you need discuss with cashier or manager, or your English skill is very poor. I rarely get wrong order if employees can read my note. The automation will still give you a wrong food due to glitches and bugs.

There is rule for you - the technology isn't perfect.

You need to think twice about employees and they need money to survive.

Well if they serve wheelchair handicapped people and blind people then they need a better way to communicate with the deaf. Being Deaf is a disability too you know.

Well if they serve wheelchair handicapped people and blind people then they need a better way to communicate with the deaf. Being Deaf is a disability too you know.

What is wrong with your sentence structure? You are not very clearly.

Many places have brallie for blind and deafblind.

People in wheelchairs are not blind nor deaf, they can read the menu and speak to cashier.

Most deafblind (especially severe vision loss) usually go with SSP, friends or families.

Automation won't fix everything so you are not making any sense.

Machines communicate with the deaf. It helps them. Just like i rather go to ATM instead of talking to the teller.

Machines communicate with the deaf. It helps them. Just like i rather go to ATM instead of talking to the teller.
Machines break down. People don't.

While I am all for technology and love the idea of self service and not having to deal with people, I still get that machines/technology can and do break down while people don't (well in general at least).

How do you propose people displaced by machines/automation sustain their life- i.e. pay rent/mortage, food- basically survive?

We cant hear right? But we can read. So. Wheelchair people don't rely on machines the can move themselves with arms. Blind people don't rely on machines but they read braile. Deaf people cant hear but they can read, So how can talking to someone if you don't have perfect lipreading skills help you? Its so frustrating isn't it?

We cant hear right? But we can read. So. Wheelchair people don't rely on machines the can move themselves with arms. Blind people don't rely on machines but they read braile. Deaf people cant hear but they can read, So how can talking to someone if you don't have perfect lipreading skills help you? Its so frustrating isn't it?

1) Paper and Pen

2) Type on your phone

3) Get an interpreter

I made text larger for you to read better.

Machines break down. People don't.

While I am all for technology and love the idea of self service and not having to deal with people, I still get that machines/technology can and do break down while people don't (well in general at least).

How do you propose people displaced by machines/automation sustain their life- i.e. pay rent/mortage, food- basically survive?

I have same question for Joker.

Joker, you don't care about employees lost the jobs?

Back