Deaf problem with cashier [comic]

PowerON

Reaction score
UJ63wzN.png

LMAO

Unfortunately I think that phrase becomes a habit for them to say no matter what you say to them. Much like "you want fries with that?"

LMAO

Unfortunately I think that phrase becomes a habit for them to say no matter what you say to them. Much like "you want fries with that?"

Without write down on something. I would point at the menus and give number "1" or "2" and do the body sign "drink" and "big" with "no-no" shaking head. Then do the hitchhiking sign as "TO GO".

But this is the Solution

SNN2231AA_682_913122a.jpg

rh-729-serve_20140131103025489828-620x349.jpg

There should be a law mandatory all grocery stories install self checkout counters. failure to do so is $20,000 a day fine

It's going to be a while before you see those everywhere... they're expensive to purchase and likely expensive to maintain. Smaller stores and businesses won't be able to get one (and honestly I can't see why they should).

I'm all for the self serve kiosk but at the same time it will reduce jobs sadly.

Interestingly I seem to remember seeing one place where they had a computer screen at the register where you could select the items you wanted then paid the cashier.

It's going to be a while before you see those everywhere... they're expensive to purchase and likely expensive to maintain. Smaller stores and businesses won't be able to get one (and honestly I can't see why they should).

I'm all for the self serve kiosk but at the same time it will reduce jobs sadly.

Interestingly I seem to remember seeing one place where they had a computer screen at the register where you could select the items you wanted then paid the cashier.

Wawa's have touch screen orders for their deli. Then you pay at the cashier and go back to pick up your order.

Wawa's have touch screen orders for their deli. Then you pay at the cashier and go back to pick up your order.
That's probably where I remember it from- they were doing that back in the 1990s; though I could have sworn I've seen that set up somewhere else...:hmm:

Yeah, the grocery stores in my area have those self check out for up to 15 items I think.

At Smith's Grocery store, they have self checkouts counters, too. I have never use them. I still like to use the old checkout counters better with human beings.

But this is the Solution

SNN2231AA_682_913122a.jpg

rh-729-serve_20140131103025489828-620x349.jpg

There should be a law mandatory all grocery stories install self checkout counters. failure to do so is $20,000 a day fine

And some at fast food like that. Less cashiers, McDonald would be glad to save money and spend only few tech support to fix when trouble come up.

Oh, please, let's not have any robots machines doing this in the present and future. I don't care much for advanced technologies. This is too much. We need jobs. **sigh** :(

What can they do? Cashier didn't take order that well from customer, not only deaf but hearing, too.

*cough* Plus, low-income complain and want to raise the minimum wages, when they realize, that job like McDonald isn't living salary *cough*

This could benefit the deaf someday if it ever gets invented

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSDmyvx2WdU[/ame]

Since moving to Texas my favorite place to get food is Which Wich. You go in and a pick a paper sack, there's 10 kinds to choose from Italian, turkey, beef, veggie, seafood etc etc etc. On the bag is different kinds of bread, sizes, cheeses, veggies, condiments etc etc etc. you just check off what you want. They don't ask if it's for here or to go because they just put it in the bag, you eat where ever. They do ask about drinks, that's it. Very deaf friendly :D you write your name on the bag and they call it out. But I just tell them I'm deaf and stick by the counter and they hand it to me, has been no problem.

Last edited:
Back