Deaf people and guitars.

DeafBoyOne, thanks for your reply and for the info on your basses. I will play the one I have now, an Aria GB35, for another year or so and then upgrade to a Fender.

About Evelyn Glennie....I've seen her website and have sent a couple emails which were answered by her staff. I doubt I will ever get an email from her personally. Oh well, who knows?

By the way, I will be performing in the 7th Annual Music Masters Guitar Recital on December 3rd. I will be on bass and playing Jimmy Buffet's song "Margaritaville". It's gonna be a blast and I'm looking forward to it.

Rock on, dude.

I'm tellin ya... we gotta start the AllDeaf band... there are enough musicians here to pull it off. Lets rock the free world!!

I'm with you, Rockdrummer!! So where do we start?
good question... Distance would be the problem however with todays technology we could collaborate over the internet. You lay down some tracks and send them to me where I will add the drums and then send that to someone else to add additional parts. Do you write any original music or do you do cover tunes?

Hey Rockdrummer,

I've been playing guitar for a little more than 3 years and bass for about 8 months. I'm still playing cover songs and developing my chops. I could probably write some original music but I haven't tried to do that yet. I'm not computer savvy so I have no idea how to lay down tracks and send it to someone else. So much to learn and not enough time :run: Sure would be great to get together and jam someday. Here's hoping.....

Hey Rockdrummer,

I've been playing guitar for a little more than 3 years and bass for about 8 months. I'm still playing cover songs and developing my chops. I could probably write some original music but I haven't tried to do that yet. I'm not computer savvy so I have no idea how to lay down tracks and send it to someone else. So much to learn and not enough time :run: Sure would be great to get together and jam someday. Here's hoping.....
Yeah, that would be awsome. I find that most of the time when solid musicians get together for the first time , it's some of the best music. I've seen several musicians on this board including Alex but we all live in different states that I know of. I am in Illinois. If you start doing music on your computer you will find it's really not that difficult. You plug into your sound card and load up some recording software then have at it. Maybe there are other guitarists that have done this that can offer some advise. I use Sonar for my needs but I have a pretty high end setup with 24 channel analog to digital converters with a high powered system that can handle streaming 24 channels of 96khz / 24 bit audio. To collaborate a song you wouldn't need nowhere near the setup that I have.

Ok Rockdrummer,

I'll see what I can do as far as learning to lay down tracks and getting the appropriate software. You lost me after "24 tracks....." but I'll try to figure out some way to do it. Hopefully one day we can meet at an All Deaf Convention or something like that and see what we can come up with. If you'd like to PM me we can email each other and see where we go with this "laying down tracks" thing.

Ernest

Sounds good. Let me know when you have some tracks completed or pm me if you are ready and we can go from there.

I'd love to learn how to. God knows, we have enough of them sitting around the house. My oldest son plays in a band, and I was trained as a concert pianist, but haven't played in years and years because we had to sell the oversized thing because of a lack of room and the difficulties in moving it from one place to another.
R

I'd love to learn how to. God knows, we have enough of them sitting around the house. My oldest son plays in a band, and I was trained as a concert pianist, but haven't played in years and years because we had to sell the oversized thing because of a lack of room and the difficulties in moving it from one place to another.
R
yeah... I never thought playing the drums would be so labor intense not to mention the space they take up. In my next life I will play something small and easy to carry. Maybe the flute.

Back