Deaf people and guitars.

It just came. I have no clue what I'm doing lol! Sort of just trying to accurately depress the chords and get used to it.

I've been playing around with e57 a457 d467 to get used to it. I'll get around to taking a picture when I don't feel so embarrassed because I'm still a newbie. For some reason I can't seem to put it down, I feel naked without my guitar now and it actually is awesome when I notice myself improve in accuracy/speed of playing notes. I should be playing the tabs /its a long way to the top/ haha!

My Dear Alex ...lol

I did wrote alota songs too ...expressin' my feelin' and people around me and heck even men too shh shh psst hee hee hee ...Like I sang my song called I Thought I Found True Love and How Will I Know If You Love Me or Not then I screams You Never Said You Love Me lol .....And hail yes it's a therapy as it is ...Hee Hawwww!!!:D

That is so true! It's like you know how some people express their feelings by writing things down in a diary or whatever, I express my feelings through my music, ya know? It's a wonderful therapy. :rockon:

Damn, that bald-headed dude is fucking good. :eek3:

P.S. Thanks for explanining what the capo does.

Yes, he is good. He's using a "half capo" that covers the bottom 4 strings and leaves the two high strings open to play at normal pitch. It's a great video and is great to listen to thru headphones. A capo can be used on pretty much any fret to raise the pitch to whatever tone you want but is mostly used on the first 5 frets. I also agree with you Alex, that guitar is the greatest therapy ever. If I don't practice for a day or two I start getting restless.

Dark-Half, welcome to the world of guitars and I hope you're enjoying it as much as we are. The Fender Strat that you have sounds like a nice guitar. I have 2 Fender Strats myself as well as 2 acoustics. Once you master the scales and modes, you can play like the guy in the video. It takes a lot of practice but like my guitar teacher says, you've got the rest of your life to learn. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

Ernest

Lols! I'm getting better every day, it's hard to put down, so addiciting. I still have to watch where I'm poking my fingers. I can only play one song so far. I think I'm going to try a more complex song in a week or so. Something like /fade to black/ as for the picture it's a little big and I couldn't be arsed to make my bed so... http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2382/1001501gv7.jpg

1001501gv7.jpg

Nice looking guitar, dude! Is it black or dark blue? Kinda hard to tell with the dark blue background. Keep practicing every day and you WILL get better. Enjoy!!

Midnight blue, a color I happen to like alot. I can play the first part of fade to black now. At first I thought I'd never be able to learn to play decently and suprised myself. Fade to black is an awesome song to learn on the guitar. Whee.

Nice axe, dude!! Midnight blue is one of my fave colors. The color of my guitar in my avatar is manhattan midnight blue. :)

What amp do you use? Pedals?

Hey Dark-Half, I have almost the same guitar but the it's black and the pick-guard is off white.

Meh, amps. I don't got one yet. Aiming toward getting a fender but they're as expensive as the guitar itself! O_O

Dude, don't make the same mistake I did. I first bought a 120-watt Line 6 amp thinking it was good enough for playing at home but, sh*t, that thing was too powerful and loud! :lol: I ended up selling it and bought myself a 15-watt Marshall amp. I dig my new amp and it's loud enough to play at home. :)

Anyway, my bro has a 15 watt Fender amp which I borrowed once, and it's a decent amp for less than $100. My suggestion is that if you're not going to do gigs anytime soon, then get a 15-25 watter but no more than that.

Yeah, Alex is right. A 15-watt amp is plenty loud enough to use for practice at home. I use a 15-watt Roland Cube amp and it packs a mean punch. You can get one for around 100 bucks. Meanwhile, keep working on it and if you can get a private teacher to work with you one-on-one, I would highly recommend it. Rock on, dude.

I might be buying this limited edition Ibanez acoustic/electric, it's one of the nicest sounding guitars I've ever played, a bit pricey but definitely worth it.

000002604.jpg
000002605.jpg

Dude, don't make the same mistake I did. I first bought a 120-watt Line 6 amp thinking it was good enough for playing at home but, sh*t, that thing was too powerful and loud! :lol: I ended up selling it and bought myself a 15-watt Marshall amp. I dig my new amp and it's loud enough to play at home. :)

Anyway, my bro has a 15 watt Fender amp which I borrowed once, and it's a decent amp for less than $100. My suggestion is that if you're not going to do gigs anytime soon, then get a 15-25 watter but no more than that.

Hehe, alrighty. Thanks.

Rabbit,
I knew it wasn't a picture of you. I was just being funny. But if you, or anyone else on this thread, have any pictures of yourself performing please feel free to post them so we can all see how we look with our axes.

this is an old picture (it's about 2 years old I think), so I look a bit different now.

guitar_vnum1.gif

Cool picture, man. Looks like you were having a good time. Anyone else have a picture they wanna post? I'll try to find one of me that's suitable. Rock on, dudes.

Back