Deaf NFL player Derrick Coleman's Duracell commercial

I did not post this just because it's a commercial, it's also an inspiring lesson. I thought the dhh would appreciate it, I guess not everybody........
And every year "we" have a bit of a not a fight or an argument, something smaller. I like watching the animal commercials and others. I will be looking for the Duracell commercial, too.

Yes, Ambrosia, a deaf football player, my gosh ... how inspiring can you get.

Re the tapes- I am wondering if they just showed that as "what he did when he was growing up" trying to find ways to keep the hearing aids from bouncing around etc inside the helmet.

I don't care if he signs or not. Perhaps eventually he may help to try to bridge this gap between the signing deaf and non-signing deaf (me I do both sign and speech :P). I don't see how it helps to be trying to put down something just because it isn't the way some people want it to be.

Derek isn't the first- Kenny Walker played for the Broncos years ago and Curtis Pride (oh.. hey- he coaches at Gallaudet now!) played in Major League Baseball in the 1990s/2000s; If I recall he didn't sign either. I'd like to smack Wikipedia though- "fluent lip-reader"?!! Nobody is fluent in lipreading!! <ahem> sorry... lol

[yt]9FdLGk4-5aA[/yt]

Wish I could figure out how to make this load here...

Deaf students cheer for Coleman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, just noticed Calvin fixed it for me. Thanks.

I love that commercial! So inspiring. :D

I don't think it's a negative message toward deafness. It's more of encouraging possibilities. :)

Back