Deaf Nation Expo/ All Deaf Meet up November Chicago, IL.

Blackhawks play on Sunday :)

Of course they serve alcohol. You sure you are thinking of Uno's? Pretty famous for Margarita's on the curb.

Mother's is a great bar close by. It's huge. Has a dance floor, pool tables, a couple of basketball hoops and darts...... It's like an old school Dave and Buster's. It is part of two blocks of bars/pubs so it's a great area for a crawl. Very safe area too.

I have always considered Navy Pier a better daytime place tyhan a nighttime place....that's just me though.

If Michael Jordan's is still open and the same that might be an ideal spot too. It was three levels in the past Food level,club level and sports bar level. All in one kinda place.

I like Gamework and it's big than Dave and Buster in Chicago.

Gamework is around 15 minutes away from Deaf Expo.

Ah man.....Expo is way out in the burbs....that sucks

oh my..................

that burbs.... what is it like? anything "cool" near expo?

I haven't spent much time in Palatine but I have spent a bunch in Schamburg which is close...... Basic burb is the only way I know to describe it..... Malls, houses and fast food.

I haven't spent much time in Palatine but I have spent a bunch in Schamburg which is close...... Basic burb is the only way I know to describe it..... Malls, houses and fast food.

hmm.... about 1 hr train ride but how about driving?

hmm.... about 1 hr train ride but how about driving?

Expo prolly 20-30 minutes from O Hare. Could take 1-2 hours to drive to city from Expo depending on traffic. Been awhile but my experience there was that the train was much faster than driving.

Expo prolly 20-30 minutes from O Hare. Could take 1-2 hours to drive to city from Expo depending on traffic. Been awhile but my experience there was that the train was much faster than driving.

well - I suppose that most of ADers will book a hotel in "downtown" Chicago and take train to expo.. and back.

am I right, ya'all?

well - I suppose that most of ADers will book a hotel in "downtown" Chicago and take train to expo.. and back.

am I right, ya'all?

Why bother to book a hotel at downtown Chicago? There is a lot hotels (Schamburg) around 10min away from Deaf Expo.

am I right, ya'all?

Thing is....still would need a car or a cab to get to Expo from train. I would do it .....but it might be a hassle for some

Why bother to book a hotel at downtown Chicago? There is a lot hotels (Schamburg) around 10min away from Deaf Expo.

see below -
Things to do: Hmm, there's a lot in Chicago. Lots of dance clubs and blues/jazz houses. Not sure if many of us care about that, but just mentioning it.

There's Navy Pier, which is fun. Carnival rides, food and beer, fireworks over Lake Michigan on Weds and Saturday nights, etc. There's the Chicago Institute of Art, which is an amazing art museum (one of the best in the entire world actually). There's the Chicago riverwalk, which is a really cool walking path through the city along the water, and then there are many famous buildings an architectural destinations, such as The Sears Tower, the Water tower, and the Hancock Building. And lots and lots of shopping along the magnificent mile. Then of course there are the Blackhawks and the Bulls. (No baseball in November, and who wants to go to freezing ass soilder field to watch the stinkin' bears?)

where is this? downtown Chicago or near expo?

Thing is....still would need a car or a cab to get to Expo from train. I would do it .....but it might be a hassle for some

some of us are driving. carpool, perhaps? I'm not going to Chicago for expo... only for AD meet-up. there's nothing special at expo. I've seen it all at Vegas.

I had been visited city of Chicago downtown in several times. I know that hotels are expensive and hard to find for parking lots. I really like bars outside of Chicago which is free parking lots.

Back