Deaf man stabs 15 at Lone Star college...

If we actually had national free comprehensive health care access instead of using prisons as de facto mental health facilities many of these terrible crimes would have been averted.. he had mental health issues since 8 years olf. fantasies of kill people with knives etc. take away guns and knives and folks will just start making more bombs to commit mass murder...

Seems he was a student at the college. Ostensibly the staff missed Mr Quick's behaviour carrying "around teddy bears". Unless such behaviour is considered "normal at the College".
What next?

I actually expected all of Hollywood to start a petition to ban knives everywhere, including the kitchen.....
I fully expected some anti-gun control extremists to use this situation and mock those that call for gun control.

Oh wait, there goes one now...

I have learn from CP

We need new knife control law, those who owns knife must go though background check, those that carry pocket knife must register for conceal pocket knife. This includes plastic knife as well, Ban that Samurai sword cause they are considered assault type.

How about that, CP?

Bye CP,

My stance always stay the same. No matter what kind of control laws we got there will always be incidents like that for the rest of our lives. We need to start re-think and how we can have better peaceful method of helping those whose brain already fried, than throw them in prison.

The truth that many may not think this way but I do think this way. Today's prison especially the number of inmates living there with less staff monitoring them. They are in there as a college student majoring one thing... Commit more crimes. Only few decided not to re-commit crime. The real reason is that once your label "Felon" your as good as any felon, period. No one wants to hire you, good paying job opportunities are forever gone for felons. So, why would felon wants to keep their nose and suffer even more?

One of my favorite movie, I know it is fiction but many of actions in these movies does reflect actual events that happens in prisons on daily basis. Called "The Shawshank Redemption".

Solution, I have not changed this... EDUCATION starts from Kindergarten or Head Start. That is where we need to invest and keep on til they get in college. And yes better access health care system. What we have right now is BUNCH of RED TAPES. I have been though and it was like hell and it was not acceptable by me.

Difference between guns and knives. You have to be brave to use the knife because you have to get really close to your victim and s/he may be able to disarm you and kick your butt (and other parts). You don't have to be brave to use a gun, just point and shoot and run.

#1 Im just being sarcastic
#2 The fact is that knifes actually kills more people than guns does, that is if you look in crime statistics.

Difference between guns and knives. You have to be brave to use the knife because you have to get really close to your victim and s/he may be able to disarm you and kick your butt (and other parts). You don't have to be brave to use a gun, just point and shoot and run.

Back