Deaf & Hearing Dating?

how do you communicate with him in person? how long have both of you been a couple?

Before we even started to date he always wanted to teach me to sign. He taught me an few times but that was like two years ago and I can't even remember some of it lol. How embarrassing. But in person well last time in person he had an translator lady with him, and she spoke for both of us. It wasn't awkward at all. Just pretended she wasn't there. But to answer you're questions, we've been an couple since yesterday lol. & Communication in person either him sign language, and him teaching me, or the translator lady/man or texting eachother.

:)
its a different culture than what we are use to I guess. I struggled when my relationship started , then it ended and now its starting again :p Its really exciting to meet those who can help with different problems you face like not knowing asl, or any questions you may have. :)
SAME HERE! my boyfriend has 2 other deaf brothers but none of them have dated anyone I know :( saddening some of the girls they've dated are bum faces :p

same here :) yay

ahahahaha bum faces xD!
yup, my bf Kahri was telling me how he wants me to learn
the deaf culture and he's excited to teach me sign language.
Hopefully I remember everything and don't get upset cause I need
tons of learning with patience. Before meeting him I wasn't an patient person AT ALL but now i'm learning to just not blow up in front of him.
I wish more people would date deaf people, it's kind of fun actually like
communicating with him well trying to lol. Awe well i'm super happy you and your bf are still dating :)

Before we even started to date he always wanted to teach me to sign. He taught me an few times but that was like two years ago and I can't even remember some of it lol. How embarrassing. But in person well last time in person he had an translator lady with him, and she spoke for both of us. It wasn't awkward at all. Just pretended she wasn't there. But to answer you're questions, we've been an couple since yesterday lol. & Communication in person either him sign language, and him teaching me, or the translator lady/man or texting eachother.

ah interesting. good luck to both of you!

thanks. are you deaf or hearing? and or dating someone who is deaf/hearing? just wondering.

I'm deaf. I've dated hearing girls. I've never dated deaf girl before but I'm starting to :)

ahahahaha bum faces xD!
yup, my bf Kahri was telling me how he wants me to learn
the deaf culture and he's excited to teach me sign language.
Hopefully I remember everything and don't get upset cause I need
tons of learning with patience. Before meeting him I wasn't an patient person AT ALL but now i'm learning to just not blow up in front of him.
I wish more people would date deaf people, it's kind of fun actually like
communicating with him well trying to lol. Awe well i'm super happy you and your bf are still dating :)

its true they were just all mhmmm not right....

Patients come with time, you just have to practice them , me and quintin both needed to learn them , both of us lost our memories in separate car accidents both suffering memory loss his was long term mine is short term... He forgot who I was and we needed to start all over and mine was very bad in the begging I didnt know anything i thought i was 8ish.... and had no clue of anything but after the swelling and bruising and stuff went down and away I got my long term back and short term is iffy. my memory has improved just when I dont get enough sleep I can learn something then forget it in 5 minutes and its like i never learnt it. MAJOR patients have come into play.

lol so am I. :) I love him to pieces
I love trying to learn ASL , its so much fun, its not like speaking at all, theres so much more emotion

I'm deaf. I've dated hearing girls. I've never dated deaf girl before but I'm starting to :)

wow that's rare to me.
I've never met an deaf guy who hasn't dated an deaf girl.
well did you're ex's try and learn sign language?

Patients come with time, you just have to practice them , me and quintin both needed to learn them , both of us lost our memories in separate car accidents both suffering memory loss his was long term mine is short term... He forgot who I was and we needed to start all over and mine was very bad in the begging I didnt know anything i thought i was 8ish.... and had no clue of anything but after the swelling and bruising and stuff went down and away I got my long term back and short term is iffy. my memory has improved just when I dont get enough sleep I can learn something then forget it in 5 minutes and its like i never learnt it. MAJOR patients have come into play.

I love trying to learn ASL , its so much fun, its not like speaking at all, theres so much more emotion
:laugh2: Contract with Harlequin romances coming your way???

wow thanks for sharing that with me.
you know what's interesting,
I was in an car accident when i was around 3
and my memory is a bit bad, not that i forget it in
withing minutes but it takes a few minutes for my brain
to process what people are asking me it's hard to explain.
but i'm happy both of yall are remembering things and sticking
it through with you're relationship. yeah speaking can be boring sometimes. maybe it's just me who feels that way xD but i've always been interested in sign language before i even met him i just never really learned or learned who to learn from but now i have him :) he's so patient with me. awe i hope we stay together for along time. have you ever had like an translator lady/man to translate what he's saying for you?

wow that's rare to me.
I've never met an deaf guy who hasn't dated an deaf girl.
well did you're ex's try and learn sign language?

I guess there's always first time for everything :)

my previous ex did try to learn sign language. she took ASL class and got very involved with my deaf activities. she knows many of my deaf friends. it's just too bad that we're no longer dating. At least it ended amicably. I'm just not really into her but we're still friends and we still hang out here and there.

wow thanks for sharing that with me.
you know what's interesting,
I was in an car accident when i was around 3
and my memory is a bit bad, not that i forget it in
withing minutes but it takes a few minutes for my brain
to process what people are asking me it's hard to explain.
but i'm happy both of yall are remembering things and sticking
it through with you're relationship. yeah speaking can be boring sometimes. maybe it's just me who feels that way xD but i've always been interested in sign language before i even met him i just never really learned or learned who to learn from but now i have him :) he's so patient with me. awe i hope we stay together for along time. have you ever had like an translator lady/man to translate what he's saying for you?

I think I kinda understand what you mean , I have dyslexia and memory loss, if its not one thing its an other ahaha.
Im happy we have stuck together he really makes me happy.
Its average :p , oh my so have I actually, since i was 7 whooop whooop. I have a great site for you to look at if you want. Its a great place to teach your self ASL. awwwwh what a sweetie. I hope you guys stay together as well :) Never , the only person who has ever translated for us was his younger brother... that was very awkward for me. I was never sure that what was being said was being said. :p we have usually used our phonnes to communicate when we are together.

I guess there's always first time for everything :)

my previous ex did try to learn sign language. she took ASL class and got very involved with my deaf activities. she knows many of my deaf friends. it's just too bad that we're no longer dating. At least it ended amicably. I'm just not really into her but we're still friends and we still hang out here and there.

lol i laughed so hard at the " i'm just not really into her." I just thought it was funny. anywho, awe that was sweet of her, too bad yall didn't work out hopefully in the future never know she may of been the " one " so maybe yall could work something out some day. & OH TOTALLY time for people to have an first in everything. that's what makes life worth living for :)

lol i laughed so hard at the " i'm just not really into her." I just thought it was funny. anywho, awe that was sweet of her, too bad yall didn't work out hopefully in the future never know she may of been the " one " so maybe yall could work something out some day. & OH TOTALLY time for people to have an first in everything. that's what makes life worth living for :)

I think I kinda understand what you mean , I have dyslexia and memory loss, if its not one thing its an other ahaha.
Im happy we have stuck together he really makes me happy.
Its average :p , oh my so have I actually, since i was 7 whooop whooop. I have a great site for you to look at if you want. Its a great place to teach your self ASL. awwwwh what a sweetie. I hope you guys stay together as well :) Never , the only person who has ever translated for us was his younger brother... that was very awkward for me. I was never sure that what was being said was being said. :p we have usually used our phonnes to communicate when we are together.
I like translators or maybe the lady I had she wasn't awkward, at all, but yeah his little brother you just never know if really he was making things up lol. so like yall text each other like face to face? oh cool I should try that sometime with him. so how long have yall been together?

I like translators or maybe the lady I had she wasn't awkward, at all, but yeah his little brother you just never know if really he was making things up lol. so like yall text each other like face to face? oh cool I should try that sometime with him. so how long have yall been together?

maybe, what ever works I guess :p
its good that it wasnt awkward. hahah i know right ! his brother likes to mess with me a lot of the time :p ohhh man :p
we just type it out , its easy although it takes lots of time to go through and type everything its a great way to talk just us.
try it :) its a great tool.

we have been together for about 2 weeks now, before we broke up it was about 2 months.

maybe, what ever works I guess :p
its good that it wasnt awkward. hahah i know right ! his brother likes to mess with me a lot of the time :p ohhh man :p
we just type it out , its easy although it takes lots of time to go through and type everything its a great way to talk just us.
try it :) its a great tool.

we have been together for about 2 weeks now, before we broke up it was about 2 months.

hmm. I guess we'll just see about the whole texting thing.
but yeah his little brother, most likely made it up lol.

only 2 months! it seemed to me as if yall were together much longer, that's an good thing though yall have an strong bond I can tell.

hmm. I guess we'll just see about the whole texting thing.
but yeah his little brother, most likely made it up lol.

only 2 months! it seemed to me as if yall were together much longer, that's an good thing though yall have an strong bond I can tell.

haha yah my boyfriend was very proud of me when i told him i went a found ASL lessons on my own , he didnt expect me to try but i proved him wrong :p

hahahah He probably did. the whole time he was probably like "she likes cheese" and "she asked if you like peanut butter"

haha Ive known him since I was 13 so about 3 years so the long term part is there for me and he doesnt remember me because of the accident but he still loves me :p
Yah <3 teehee.

I totally feel the same way, I'm happy I met ya too.
Honestly if I never found this site plus you, I'd be struggling
alot with our relationship * my boyfriend & I * I'd feel so alone
cause I have no other people who has dated an deaf or hoh person.
I'm happy we can relate to so much :)

Honestly, it is not up to you to tell anyone your boyfriend is deaf. That is for him to disclose. It really shouldn't be something that needs to be "told" to anyone.

And, if it makes no difference to you that he is deaf, why do you think it needs to be told at all?

Back