Deaf & Hearing Dating?

AHOY

Reaction score
I'm hearing. & My boyfriend is deaf.
I was just curious has anyone else been in my similar
situation with dating someone who was hearing and or/ you're hearing and dating or have dated someone who was deaf?

Im hearing and my boyfriend is deaf :)
You do! I really want to talk to you ask an few questions if you could help me - with my relationship like is it hard telling people he's deaf?

defiantly :) ask away I'd love to help :D :D

at first it was hard , just because non of my friends or family have ever met someone deaf , so I was a little nervous of what they would say to me . But honestly it didn't faze anyone , but lots of questions were asked. like how do you talk to him and stuff.

defiantly :) ask away I'd love to help :D :D

at first it was hard , just because non of my friends or family have ever met someone deaf , so I was a little nervous of what they would say to me . But honestly it didn't faze anyone , but lots of questions were asked. like how do you talk to him and stuff.
That's all I get from my friends is how are you going to talk to him. Is you're bf the first deaf person you've dated?

yuppers gotta love those questions :P

my favourite thing to do is when they ask me how i talk to him i usually reply in ASL :p

No way! lol.
I would totally do that if I knew how to sign.
Yeah my boyfriend is gonna teach me how to sign, I can't wait :)

haha its so much fun to learn !
do you have skype?? we could practice together I know some not lots but im learning thanks to my boyfriend ahahahah

haha its so much fun to learn !
do you have skype?? we could practice together I know some not lots but im learning thanks to my boyfriend ahahahah
Yeah I have skype, I don't use it that often - since my boyfriend lives like 45 mins away decided to just skype eachother for awhile, & I don't necessarily give out my info like that, sorry. perhaps when I get to know you abit well. but this is awesome I don't know any other girl whose dating an deaf guy, and you seem happy with him :)

My girlfriend is hearing and she is proud to date me even though I am deaf. SHe likes to be my hearing ears. If you love your significant other, don't be afraid to tell others that she/he is deaf. Embrace the relationship. Don't let others change you.

Can I ask why it would be "hard" to tell people he's deaf?

Just there reaction, towards him. I just want them to accept him
and not see his disability. Like some people not me, but some people
treat deaf people as if there diseased and it's like there NORMAL!
They just have an hard time hearing or can't hear.

Yeah I have skype, I don't use it that often - since my boyfriend lives like 45 mins away decided to just skype eachother for awhile, & I don't necessarily give out my info like that, sorry. perhaps when I get to know you abit well. but this is awesome I don't know any other girl whose dating an deaf guy, and you seem happy with him :)

awh thats cute :)
totally understandable :) lol same here!! I've very glad I have met you.
I am , I haven't been this happy in a very long time.

awh thats cute :)
totally understandable :) lol same here!! I've very glad I have met you.
I am , I haven't been this happy in a very long time.

I totally feel the same way, I'm happy I met ya too.
Honestly if I never found this site plus you, I'd be struggling
alot with our relationship * my boyfriend & I * I'd feel so alone
cause I have no other people who has dated an deaf or hoh person.
I'm happy we can relate to so much :)

No way! lol.
I would totally do that if I knew how to sign.
Yeah my boyfriend is gonna teach me how to sign, I can't wait :)

how do you communicate with him in person? how long have both of you been a couple?

I totally feel the same way, I'm happy I met ya too.
Honestly if I never found this site plus you, I'd be struggling
alot with our relationship * my boyfriend & I * I'd feel so alone
cause I have no other people who has dated an deaf or hoh person.
I'm happy we can relate to so much :)

:)
its a different culture than what we are use to I guess. I struggled when my relationship started , then it ended and now its starting again :p Its really exciting to meet those who can help with different problems you face like not knowing asl, or any questions you may have. :)
SAME HERE! my boyfriend has 2 other deaf brothers but none of them have dated anyone I know :( saddening some of the girls they've dated are bum faces :p

same here :) yay

Back