Deaf hate from relay operator

Yes, you are right Deafies loves VP/VRS that includes myself and sometimes we need to give credit when it is due, that is give thanks to VRS operators for their hard work and without them we are doomed to be left out. Having high expectation from them (Relay operators) is ok as long as respect is being returned and credit is given to them.
I am not included. I can survive with TRS. :lol:

What I found shocking was the lack of professionalism on the part of the call center employees blabbing about their deaf consumers. :nono:

Exactly.

What I found shocking was the lack of professionalism on the part of the call center employees blabbing about their deaf consumers. :nono:

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Most call centers (especially TRS) hire convicted felons because they cannot find anyone else who will relay for $8-12 an hour.

Do you have support document proving your claim?

The truth is, they don't and there is reason behind this.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Most call centers (especially TRS) hire convicted felons because they cannot find anyone else who will relay for $8-12 an hour.

I happened to work in TRS in the past, they had me run background check and I had clean record. They warned me that if they find me convict of any crime they won't hire me. When they done with background check on me, they did give me copy and man! They checked every damn details about me, dated way back when I was in high school. You won't believe what they check on you when you apply for them.

Secondly, I had one that hired and got fired the next day because that person lied on application. They don't take hiring lightly as you may think.

That is why I do NOT believe your claim. You never work in TRS so your claim is lame.

:roll: Show me that they DON'T do it. The world isn't as peachy as you think.

I happened to work in TRS in the past, they had me run background check and I had clean record. They warned me that if they find me convict of any crime they won't hire me. When they done with background check on me, they did give me copy and man! They checked every damn details about me, dated way back when I was in high school. You won't believe what they check on you when you apply for them.

Secondly, I had one that hired and got fired the next day because that person lied on application. They don't take hiring lightly as you may think.

That is why I do NOT believe your claim. You never work in TRS so your claim is lame.

I am confused. Did you work for a call center that consisted of mainly TTY relay operators or video?

First of all, a certified interpreter has a knowledge of deaf culture so s/he is ready for it.

Compared to TRS operators, this operator talked shit about deaf people. Why? Because TRS didn't train him (about deaf culture and that he's not allowed to talk shit like that). What I think is that he was hired as a TRS operator who knew nothing about deaf people. Is that acceptable?

He was like, "OMG deaf people have bad grammar, OMG they always complain, OMG, they misunderstand a lot, etc...that's why I hate deaf people." What the hell is that? If he quit after making that negative post, that's fine with me but if he didn't quit or didn't get fired, it doesn't make sense that he keeps the job which he hates.

Now that FCC is paying too low for TRS so quality suffers, VRS is next, just watch. FCC is planning another three cuts on VRS rate unless something is done. Have you ever wondering why SIPrelay is gone... its all about money.

Now that FCC is paying too low for TRS so quality suffers, VRS is next, just watch. FCC is planning another three cuts on VRS rate unless something is done. Have you ever wondering why SIPrelay is gone... its all about money.
No, the fee of CRS (California Relay Service which is TRS) is covered by Californians who pay for phone bills. I guess the state is responsible for the difference.

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees

CA State and Local Sales Tax

911 State Tax

California Relay Service and Communications Devices Fund

CHCF-B and the CASF

California Teleconnect Fund surcharge

CA Universal Lifeline Telephone Service

CA High Cost Fund - A

How much does TRS gets these fund? Its currently below a dollar a minute right now. Used to be 7 dollars a minute I think, not anymore.

No, the fee of CRS (California Relay Service which is TRS) is covered by Californians who pay for phone bills. I guess the state is responsible for the difference.

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees

CA State and Local Sales Tax

911 State Tax

California Relay Service and Communications Devices Fund

CHCF-B and the CASF

California Teleconnect Fund surcharge

CA Universal Lifeline Telephone Service

CA High Cost Fund - A

Remember TRS stands for Telecommunication Relay Service, it includes text, video, IPrelay.

For more information check http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/telecommunications-relay-services-trs

especially June 10, 2013 that I have been trying to tell you guys about.
Wrong!

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/telecommunications-relay-service-trs

Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) is a telephone service that allows persons with hearing or speech disabilities to place and receive telephone calls. TRS is available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. territories for local and/or long distance calls. TRS providers – generally telephone companies – are compensated for the costs of providing TRS from either a state or a federal fund. There is no cost to the TRS user.
OOPS, I didn't read all the way down. VRS is one form of TRS. As for TTY calls, FCC calls it "traditional" TRS so I believe that "traditional" TRS is paid by a state fund.

Oh yes! Its OUR problem, why? The less they get paid meaning the less they can pay employees, meaning what? Dirty LOUSY employee gets hired more than good ones. So, the service we received suffers!

Its same concept, if the taxes were not paid enough for highway fund, so resulting more potholes, is it drivers problem or not? Get the concept drifted in!

And thinking it is not your problem, once they went out of business whadda you doing? Since its not your problem, eh?

That's not my problem as long as CRS is still in service.

Oh yes! Its OUR problem, why? The less they get paid meaning the less they can pay employees, meaning what? Dirty LOUSY employee gets hired more than good ones. So, the service we received suffers!

Its same concept, if the taxes were not paid enough for highway fund, so resulting more potholes, is it drivers problem or not? Get the concept drifted in!

And thinking it is not your problem, once they went out of business whadda you doing? Since its not your problem, eh?
:lol:

Filing a Complaint with the FCC

If you have a complaint about lack of or improperly functioning TRS, first try to resolve it with the provider. If you are unable to resolve it directly, you can file a complaint with the FCC. There is no charge for filing a complaint. You can file your complaint using an online complaint form. You can also file your complaint with the FCC’s Consumer Center by calling 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) for TTY; or writing to:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554​

I did not realise he said word 'hate' in real meaning of the word or he just lost his patience pick stupid word to say..if that the case he get sack but it not going change his views..maybe re-traing in all aspects of disability communication...very sad world when people use words like this

Back