Deaf employees in the armed services

Endymion said:
It was a DoD civil service spot. Now that I think about it, I don't think I currently know anyone with any hearing loss in active duty military commission.
OIC.

I did once briefly date an Aviation Ordnanceman, 3rd Class who was losing her hearing bit by bit. She didn't tell her superiors in the Navy, though.
Yes, I know many military people develope hearing loss during their service. In years past, most men who were exposed to ordnance use had some hearing loss. Now, they wear more hearing protection when firing guns, that should reduce the hearing damage. (There are other reasons for hearing loss in the military but exposure to ordnance firing, heavy machinery, and aircraft noise are the most common.)

Here it is:

Attachments

• Endymion0001.jpg
    Endymion0001.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Endy2.jpg
    Endy2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
*groans* I’ll take the liberty of posting a clearer and ‘unedited’ (ahem) version of the picture:

Endymion.jpg

Well, now we all know why Endymion won’t show his face around here. :|

Reba said:
Yes, I know many military people develope hearing loss during their service. In years past, most men who were exposed to ordnance use had some hearing loss. Now, they wear more hearing protection when firing guns, that should reduce the hearing damage. (There are other reasons for hearing loss in the military but exposure to ordnance firing, heavy machinery, and aircraft noise are the most common.)

That makes sense. I didn't know that exposure to ordnance firing, heavy machinery, and aircraft noise are the most common, though that would seem intuitive.

I love the mythical allusion. Selene is one lucky goddess!

Although I scratch my head at how they managed to produce fifty daughters and zero sons.

Back