Deaf Drivers in the World

u should have kept eye on water temp gauge or light also oil pressure light theses are very important one water temp should be normally half mark and not touching red zone this way if u notice the temp being too high dont continue and pull over and shut engine off and let it cool down before opening radiator cap and oil pressure should be around 25 to 90 range if below 20 psi again pull over and shut off engine and check oil,again if oil pressure is too high means clogged filter or oil passway blocked

There's a reason they call them idiot lights! :P

I have put a total of around 202k miles on all the cars I've owned since my first car in 1995. That's not very much for 15 years of driving with a license, I think.

i'm a good driver with clean driving record. i must watch the road, people and the other driver carefully.
my friends who sign to me while i'm driving, i said, "please wait til we get there to restaurant or someplace else". i make sure not to distract u know. same idea for texting while driving, both hearie/deaf/hoh.

i'm a city person is where i live.

The whole excuse that you need to hear in order to be aware of emergency vehicles is complete BS. In the UK, we're taught to look in our rear view mirror every 5 seconds. That's also what the highway code recommends. Therefore, it would be difficult to not notice an emergency vehicle if you're driving correctly. + The reflection of emergency beacon lights in the rear view mirror is somewhat difficult to not notice.

I guess severely deaf people are only disadvantaged when it comes to hearing a horn. That said, 99% of the time a horn is used to convey the message "F**k you!!!!!!!!" or "Get out of my way!!!!!!!!!!" as opposed to warning someone of danger.
I remember once happened to me years ago. I drove down the road with my then 10 years old son, if it was not for him I would have pulled over by this CHP. He used speaker to tell me to make left turn not go straight. I was thinking what if my son was not with me that day and I would have keep drive straight all because of this idiot Hollywood hired CHP to close the road for them to make movies and not use anything to warn ahead of us about being road closed. I hate those out of town CHPs.

anyone remember maybe 10 years or so ago in NEW ork? the head of the transportation dept for new york decided on his own that he was gonna ban deaf drivers in new york state. NAD went to his office and read him the riot act or something. i remember this story that i think never got any press cuz NAD jumped on it so fast.
the lame excuse about distracted driving and nt hearing emergency sirens is just that - LAME. look at hearing drivers with cell phones, tv's, gps units, ipods on while driving or big amps shaking their car. who has better abilities with driving with sound distractions? we deaf do !! the hearing people cant hear squat in their cars with all they are doing but we are used to being visual

India is another country that doesn't allow deaf drivers. However, NAD recently made a motion to allow the deaf to drive. I read an article stating that India does not allow the deaf to drive there because of "lack of gadgets on cars that make driving unsafe for the deaf." There is no mention of which gadget they're referring to. At any rate, a decision is supposed to be made next month to allow the deaf to drive.

If Indian is fortunately to have parents who are high-class, get permit to have their deaf daughter/son to drive. I have been know about it thry friend of mind. haha, she didn't realize about law until I mention her about India's law. Terrible but fortunately for her.

When I lived in Missouri and was working, I drove 300 miles a week. We lived out in the country about 22 miles from the office and shopping. Now, in Florida, I live right in town, and have a 3 mile drive to the main grocery store, 8 miles to the beach. I drive 100 miles in 2 weeks.

I wasn't planning on getting my drivers license right away, didn't really see the point. However, my parents got tired of driving me around, so I had to go get my license. I've put 80k + miles on my current car and I've had her for 3.5 years. Of everyone in my family.. I'm the only one who hasn't been in an accident. I'm also the only deaf one too.

I wasn't planning on getting my drivers license right away, didn't really see the point. However, my parents got tired of driving me around, so I had to go get my license. I've put 80k + miles on my current car and I've had her for 3.5 years. Of everyone in my family.. I'm the only one who hasn't been in an accident. I'm also the only deaf one too.

I find that hard to believe, sorry. No one I know has NOT been in an accident and everyone does get into an accident. My brother, mom, dad, etc, my friends and even me.

If Indian is fortunately to have parents who are high-class, get permit to have their deaf daughter/son to drive. I have been know about it thry friend of mind. haha, she didn't realize about law until I mention her about India's law. Terrible but fortunately for her.

point taken on india are ceazy drivers who doesnt care and would drive their way i have watched irt truck on tv tlc channel sunday u know 3 persons from ice trucker and one got scared and quit after one day that was alex d he felt the road are not safe

I did drive in other countries at Europe, Colombia, Canada and Mexico.

I find that hard to believe, sorry. No one I know has NOT been in an accident and everyone does get into an accident. My brother, mom, dad, etc, my friends and even me.

Well, I have been driving for 10 years.... no accident to date. *knock the wood*

Since when do drivers have to watch the roads with their ears? Statistics shows that deaf people are better drivers. Yep you heard right, Why? deaf people rely totally on their vision when they drive. The only restriction on my license is that the vehicle I drive must have right and left side mirrors for when a police or ambulance comes by.

Same on mine. My first car only had driver's side mirrors, and when I showed up to take my drivers test, they told me I could not take it in that car/could not drive that car because it only had the one mirror.

I've had only one accident (and not my fault) and I am older than dirt! :lol:

Back