Deaf Camps

Originally posted by LUNZ
yes, i went there last '89 summer when i was 12.
ohh I went there after 1995 winter(s)... hmm that make you 26 now...

http://www.deafcamps.org

It's a deaf camp in Indiana that I went to during my high school years (it's for anyone from the age of 4 through 15 who are hard of hearing or deaf). They have other information on that site regarding Deaf family camp, and Bus trips.

I went to one deaf camp a long time ago when I was very young. I can't remember what the name of the camp was but I do know that it was a deaf church camp.

yeah I went to camp about 2 times during the summer time that time I was 11 and 12 year old. It was fun I guess. It was at Gulfport, Miss. De' El Dee.. I am not sure spell right. *shrugs* I had good time that year. I dont know if they have website for it. Sorry.

I went to Lion camp when i was young. I only stayed there for 5 days. I hated it never going back. Hell i didnt want to go there in the first place but went there cuz my friend told me at least check it out.

no link for Camp Sign. :(

I design new logo for Camp Sign, I hope the committee will take my idea. :D

Originally posted by KeWoOLeE
Chase? who are u talking about??

you know chase your fiance..... my best friend Josh told me he was there at that camp with us.....

Kevbo said the name of the camp for me - Clarke....... never again will I go there!!! I forgot the name of the camp cuz I am trying to erase it from my mind!

The camps that I went to were all for my church. The first one I went to was when I was in elementary school. I went there for a few years: Camp El Har. That camp was day camp. I would leave in the morning, go to camp, have fun all day, then come back. Later, when I was in 5th and 6th grade, I went to a different camp cuz I was at a different church. That camp was PreTeen Camp. That was on Mount Lebanan and was a much nicer camp. That camp was where I stay in a cabin all week. I had fun there. Also, in 6th grade, I went to Alto Frio, a deaf camp. All the other camps I went to were hearing camps with a few deaf friends, while this was was all deaf. Finally, the last church camp I went to was Bear Creek. That was different, very different. We would stay at that camp for a week, but instead of campgrounds, we would stay at various colleges. In 9th grade, I stayed at Baylor University. In 10th grade, I went to Howard Payne University. In 11th grade, I went to a Baptist University, I don't remember the name.

there is a deaf camp here in the philippines with my college, other 2 colleges those who are the deaf people studying there. we will be with students from gallaudet university who came visit here to the philippines..............it will be our first time with gallaudet students............. thats all..............

I went to a deaf catholic church camp in MD in either '96 or '97. I forgot the name of it, and don't want to remember because it sucked. :)

Originally posted by Strawberry
Me me gonna work *hopefully* at Camp Aurora! In AlaskA!

that's cool, good luck and hope you enjoy working at that camp. :)

i was abt 11 years old I went to bill rice ranch camp in tennessee. that's it. now my friends just asked me to join with them to go camp in tornto, canada called mayfest.

www.deafontario.org

Back