Deaf Camps

Went to few deaf camps.... Camp Kirby, Gally's sports camps, and VSDB's summer enrichment program.

Originally posted by wickedeyed
Went to few deaf camps.... Camp Kirby, Gally's sports camps, and VSDB's summer enrichment program.
thatssss right omg how could i've forgot gally's sports camps!! heh- this year they only have girls basketball, boys basketball and volleyball.

Moi...hmm....Gally sports camp *Vball & Bball* during summer of '99 *those wild old days, ahha!*

Worked last summer at Camp Sertoma in Minnesota and will work there again this year. HeeHee!:)

I was used to be attend Deaf Camp way up the north (Parry Sound, Ontario,Canada) Now next turn my children attend there same place where I was used there.
My kids said, awww love it being there...

Ontario Camp for the Deaf

went to aspen during summer '95 for a week of backpacking trip (was 15 at the time). did anyone go there at the same time? colorado was beautiful, and it was my first time being there!

I may volunteer as a counselor for Camp Grizzly in Cali....any advice..... it will be different since this is an ASL camp not an oral one like Clarke Camp I went to.................... I was worried my ASL is not that fluent, its more english structured sign NOT SEE, but they want me to volunteer.......I am thinking about it....any advice or comments are appreciated

Deaf Town Camp

Our 20 acre camp is in the Little Chuckwalla Springs area in the south east California near the Arizona border / Colorado river area. Mighty primitive area.

We recently built a water well on it using the bricks from our fundraising campaign. Now we got unlimited free water to use.

Were now grading the western part of the 20 acres to make it fit for parking 10 RV's.

Volunteer graders get to keep the all the geodes they find on the property and they sell for $5.00 a pound! If you remember the round rocks they sold at the fairs and they cut them in half you see pretty colors in them. Let me know by private message if you want to help out this December's week long campout.

As soon as we can raise more money, we will buy and build a 20,000 SQFT exposition building on it (from a prefab kit).

The property is now readily accessible since the prisoners from the prison nearby (not that nearby) cut roads in the area.

Great for fall to spring events. I'm not ready to push this site out to the deafies yet. But we intend to make this site the #1 campsite for all deafies.

:cheers:

Richard Roehm

Teekie said:
I went to a deaf catholic church camp in MD in either '96 or '97. I forgot the name of it, and don't want to remember because it sucked. :)

sounds like the Lion Camp in i believe Namjemoy (spelling qq) MD (in Calvert or St Mary's county) qq mebbe thats what u are referring to Teekie q

i have gone to the Metro Camp in MD for the first several years (age 5 to 11) then changed the name to Lion Camp where i went age 12 -- both were run by the Catholic church

Hmm interesting camps...

In QLD we have annual State-Wide Deaf Camps for primary and high schools - on separate months. High school Deaf camps are held every two years.

I went to nearly all of them - cost my parents thousands of dollars!!

Back