Deaf Athletes

temzer064

Reaction score
Hey,

Do you think Deaf athletes should play sports in mainstream college and professionally or only play with other Deaf athletes? Let me know what you think.

Jay

Gallaudet played against D-III teams. All the coaches and trainers signed. Beside, will the sign language intepreter signed an insurance injury waiver for the deaf football player at a huddle in practice and games?????

Hey,

Do you think Deaf athletes should play sports in mainstream college and professionally or only play with other Deaf athletes? Let me know what you think.

Jay

Hey,

Jay

Yes of course. what kind of question is this??

I am deaf...played college fast-pitch softball on a scholarship, participated in the city of Phx swim team, and many more.

Anyone can do what their believe.

I had few deaf friends played sports at HS mainstream schools.

Deafness does not limit people in whatever they desire to do what they love to do.

Despite any sensory defecit, anyone with skill level enough is able to compete in college atheletics and professional sports. There have been many deaf athletes playing professional sports. I played college baseball myself.

im not deaf but i am learning asl i have to write a paper for my class and i was wondering if anyone played soccer an if so could they tell about their experiances? it would be a huge help and insight. thank you

SURE! I play softball league all of my life. I swim, kick the ball, hoop the ball and catch the ball. SURE! We can play anything like hearing people.

I know this response comes a month or two too late, but I played college soccer, and am playing with the US Deaf Men's National Soccer Team. What do you want to know?

As for the question whether deaf athletes should play mainstream sports. My personal opinion is an unequivocal yes, but I'm more curious as to why this question was brought up. Is it for social purposes, for legal purposes (as absurd as it may be), or for athletic ability/quality purposes?

And I am 2 months late, but I swam on swim team at uni. Had no experience with the sport before. There were minor difficulties like not hearing the start whistles, but I wasn't competative enough to care that much. Saw the light for the gun going off though...

I was on swim team back in my Middle/High school years and I been in competative same time with others. I not need to look at GUN going off or anything.

They can tell swimmers to go by HAND go down as GUN going off.

Used to play soccer and fastball in high school... ahh just an average guy but did have fun anyways...

Sure, why not a deaf person has the right to participate in mainstream sports if they choose to do so. It would be wonderful to see some deaf pro-football NFL players :)

Sure, why not a deaf person has the right to participate in mainstream sports if they choose to do so. It would be wonderful to see some deaf pro-football NFL players :)

I only know one deaf player who played for NFL and his name is Kenny Walker. Also deaf person from gallaudet and his hearing brother played as QB for Carolina Panthers.

I only know one deaf player who played for NFL and his name is Kenny Walker. Also deaf person from gallaudet and his hearing brother played as QB for Carolina Panthers.

LeFors is a CODA, but he did not play as starter. Where is he now? oh, that's right he suck. :roll: I'm looking up at MARTEL VAN ZANT, if he is playing very well in NFL, I'll buy a ticket to watch his game, care to join? :cool:

Back